To tell you the truth, I really didn't like their show last year all that much... it seemed just a tad... boring. This year, however, seems to be a bit different, at least drill wise. They move around a lot in that show, and they definitely utilize their colorguard to its full potential to keep the momentum running throughout. I guess you can do that when you have nearly 50 members. (Lol, we on the other hand right now only have ELEVEN. Yeah, that's right ELEVEN. It's sad. But OK.) Like I said, it seems like this year's show is probably goona be more exciting. Lookin good so far at least.

last years show was purdy good wasnt boring... well i saw the gnats so i dont know how it was before that.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, their show this year is much more to my taste than last year's. Although, I haven't had a good listen to the music yet (we were in the endzone when they performed, and I only got to see bits and pieces of the recording we made of them), but I get the feeling I will soon enough.

Yeah, their show this year is much more to my taste than last year's.  Although, I haven't had a good listen to the music yet (we were in the endzone when they performed, and I only got to see bits and pieces of the recording we made of them), but I get the feeling I will soon enough.

I was at that game. You guys suprised me a little bit, I had never heard of Martin before. Not bad at all.

And from the endzone you probably couldn't hear all the synth/electronic stuff... it adds a heck of a lot to Bell's show.

I was at that game.  You guys suprised me a little bit, I had never heard of Martin before.  Not bad at all.

And from the endzone you probably couldn't hear all the synth/electronic stuff... it adds a heck of a lot to Bell's show.

Thanks, that's always good to hear; and yeah, all we could hear from the synth was the more bass parts... except for when they used a vocal type synth, that came through pretty well where we were.

You copied our show title!? ;)

What's up with that?

Hey, don't worry about it. Our directors are very... not creative in coming up with show names. (just look at the past 3 years) Our shows have never really had a theme or story or anything either.

For a second I was like... dang whats with all the Shosty shows? and then I went oh wait... its his 100th birthday this year. I feel sorry for all the judges who have to listen to

Variations on a Theme of

DUN! DUN! duh-duh-dun. duh-duh-dun. dun.

B)

However, I do have to say I find it odd that all these are "Fire..." shows even though (for instance) SFA is not using Fire of Eternal Glory or Firebird or any "Fire" music that I can tell.

Does anyone have a list of the "big name" bands and their reperotoires?

of particular interest:

Westfield

Spring

Reagan

Churchill

Woodlands

(we have LD Bell's now)

Bowie

any others that people think are big contenders for StateFinals or Super Regional Finals

(no offense if I didnt list your band I was just thinking some up off the top of my head)

oh

Duncanville

Hebron

Coppel

Haltom

Hebron's show is entitled "Music in Every Direction." Pieces included in the show are Rite of Spring by Stravinsky, Dancer in the Dark by Bjork, Jardin Chinois from Cirque de Soleil, and Fur Elise by Beethoven.

I think that's pretty correct. I asked some kids from Hebron about the Cirque de Soleil piece because I didn't know it beforehand.

You know, at first I wasn't too sure about our show music this year, but I've slowly gotten more and more into it; especially after listening to various arrangments of El Salon; that song is actually pretty epic at certain points, but it doesn't take itself too seriously either (it's got some really goofy, hilarious solos in it if you ask me). Xylophonia is pretty smooth too- well, as long as it doesn't fall apart on field like it did Saturday, lol. And Pavana has always been cool, at least in my opinion. I think I'm just ranting though...