• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, something else on area G, except this one is about a 4A, Kingsville King.

H.M. King 2006 show - Exodus

Yes, the SAME Exodus that LD Bell had in 2001, music AND drill. The only reason I brought this up was because I was curious about how a lot of you all feel over things like this...using music and drill that another band used. Although I am not sure if Bell brought Exodus as an original show or not, do you think it is right for another band to use the same music and drill that was used in the past? I mean, King did play it fairly decently, but by no means will be able to top off Bell's performance. Drill is another story. What do you think on that?

Well, something else on area G, except this one is about a 4A, Kingsville King.

H.M. King 2006 show - Exodus

Yes, the SAME Exodus that LD Bell had in 2001, music AND drill. The only reason I brought this up was because I was curious about how a lot of you all feel over things like this...using music and drill that another band used. Although I am not sure if Bell brought Exodus as an original show or not, do you think it is right for another band to use the same music and drill that was used in the past? I mean, King did play it fairly decently, but by no means will be able to top off Bell's performance. Drill is another story. What do you think on that?

I'm ok with music being taken from another band, because they might be some great pieces and saying "Hey (this band) played that before you can't play that" is ridiculous. Using same drill is ehh, but I wish the best for the band , and hopefully they can pull off this show.

I'm ok with music being taken from another band, because they might be some great pieces and saying "Hey (this band) played that before you can't play that" is ridiculous. Using same drill is ehh, but I wish the best for the band , and hopefully they can pull off this show.

I agree with you. I think the way I worded my statement makes it seem as if I am totally opposed to taking the music. I am not against it, I just think that if you take the exact arrangement of a show, you should at least try to make it better or throw in some variation that makes the show stand out more than the past performance of it. I do have a lot of repect for this band though. They are a 4A band trying to follow in the footsteps of a nationally recognized band. I wish them the best as well.

I agree with you. I think the way I worded my statement makes it seem as if I am totally opposed to taking the music. I am not against it, I just think that if you take the exact arrangement of a show, you should at least try to make it better or throw in some variation that makes the show stand out more than the past performance of it. I do have a lot of repect for this band though. They are a 4A band trying to follow in the footsteps of a nationally recognized band. I wish them the best as well.

well, how many people down there actually heard of bell playing that show in 2000 thats a purdy long time ago. anyone who was in band at that time is gone.

Anybody in the valley area should go check out the first annual Edinburg Band Showcase. It will be all three Edinburg bands performing their shows.

Cool, I've already seen 2 of the 3 ECISD bands, but it would be better to see them from the stands instead of the sidelines. I don't think I want to see Economedes though...who knows, they got really close to finally earning a 1st division last year, maybe this year will be great for them. I secretly root for Economedes just because they are the biggest 5A underdogs in the Valley. I think I've said it before, if they got a different band director, they would be fairly good. You can tell all the kids in the program are extremely passionate about band, but they have no real guidance.

Oh sorry, strayed off topic there for a lil. Yeah, sad to say, but I am going to miss it because of homework :(

Colleyville Heritage is doing music of Leonard Bernstein, our show is arranged by Mark Higginbotham and our percussion director Jeff Ausdemore.

The concept is really cool, and I think that we are going to have a really cool show that no one else has either tried attempting, nor seen before.

Show is in 6 movements:

1. Candide Overture/America

2. Tonight (from West Side Story)

3. Psalm 23 (from Chichester Psalms)

4. I believe it is more West Side Story

5. Mahler Symphony No. 5 (probably the coolest movement in the show)

6. Candide and West Side Story

well, i guess im going to get our hs's show out there...our show is called "notes of change". it's based on a show that we did a couple of years ago. the shows about the progression of music from as early as chanting to rock and roll. i dont know if this show has been done before but i LOVE the music!!!! the music really reflects the changes that music has made over time. in our show the drill gets harder with each movement to correspond with the growing complexity of music with each movement. (does this make sense?)

our music includes

part one- Chanting (now this may or may not be added...it all depends on length of show)

part two- The Dansyrye (sounds like dansery i dont know how to spell it...but this is from the Rennassaince/Baroque era)

part three- Mozart's Oveture to Marraige of Figaro (classical)

part four- Tchaicovky's Pathetique Symphony, Mvt. 1 (this is our "ballad"...LOVE IT) (romantic era)

part five- Birland (our jazz/rock and roll era, vrey cool sax feature)

part six- Couldn't tell you, it's a mixture of EVERYTHING...soo cool but cheasy, lol.

just want opinions and such...i think it's a fun show and I hope we can do well with it! from what i've read, all of these shows sound fantastic and exciting!! i hope everyone does well!! I LOVE MARCHING BAND!

Laredo Nixon: Saw them at a game. Not looking too good. They didn't perform the music from their show at halftime. Supposedly they learned the music and drill separately and had not put the two together by the time we had played them.

I can't remember if it's Laredo Nixon or United, but my uncle directs one of those bands.

(Courtesy of L.D. Bell Band.org)

2006 L.D. Bell presents.....

the Remaining

including

Hound of Heaven by James Syler

Dracula by Phillip Feeney

King Kong by James Newton Howard

A Beautiful Mind by James Horner

and including Original Composition by Donald Hill and Aaron Guidry

Music Design: Donald Hill, Aaron Guidry & Jeremy Earnhart

Wind Arrangement: Donald Hill

Percussion Design: Nick Thomas & Bret Kuhn

Percussion Arrangement: Nick Thomas

Visual Coordinator: Wes Cartwright

Drill Design: Myron Rosander

Additional Drill Design: Brian Youngblood

Band Directors: Jeremy Earnhart, Jolette Wine, Nick Thomas & Brandon Holt

Color Guard Director: Wes Cartwright

Program Logistics: Darrell Fife

Wind Technicians: Chris Nolan, Alicia Phillips & Nate Aune

Guard Technicians: Kayla Rhidenour, Mykail Costner

Percussion Technicians: Jason Pena, Jordan Thomas, Jimmy McDonald & Jessica Fife

First show will be at the BOA Arlington Regional, October 7. L.D. Bell will perform at 1:30. This will be version one of our production. This show will be performed with our

(Courtesy of L.D. Bell Band.org)

2006 L.D. Bell presents.....

the Remaining

including

Hound of Heaven by James Syler

Dracula by Phillip Feeney

King Kong by James Newton Howard

A Beautiful Mind by James Horner

and including Original Composition by Donald Hill and Aaron Guidry

Music Design: Donald Hill, Aaron Guidry & Jeremy Earnhart

Wind Arrangement: Donald Hill

Percussion Design: Nick Thomas & Bret Kuhn

Percussion Arrangement: Nick Thomas

Visual Coordinator: Wes Cartwright

Drill Design: Myron Rosander

Additional Drill Design: Brian Youngblood

Band Directors: Jeremy Earnhart, Jolette Wine, Nick Thomas & Brandon Holt

Color Guard Director: Wes Cartwright

Program Logistics: Darrell Fife

Wind Technicians: Chris Nolan, Alicia Phillips & Nate Aune

Guard Technicians: Kayla Rhidenour, Mykail Costner

Percussion Technicians: Jason Pena, Jordan Thomas, Jimmy McDonald & Jessica Fife

First show will be at the BOA Arlington Regional, October 7. L.D. Bell will perform at 1:30. This will be version one of our production. This show will be performed with our

I cannot WAIT to see Bell's show this year. I really love the direction they've taken with their show designs the past few years.

To tell you the truth, I really didn't like their show last year all that much... it seemed just a tad... boring. This year, however, seems to be a bit different, at least drill wise. They move around a lot in that show, and they definitely utilize their colorguard to its full potential to keep the momentum running throughout. I guess you can do that when you have nearly 50 members. (Lol, we on the other hand right now only have ELEVEN. Yeah, that's right ELEVEN. It's sad. But OK.) Like I said, it seems like this year's show is probably goona be more exciting. Lookin good so far at least.