DCI Division I World Championship Finals

mbui

I'm rejoice-ful for the Cavaliers, shocked and awed by Phantom's bunny hop into second, and conflicted over the fact Bluecoats finished in the top 5 and SCV didn't.

Just take a listen to the difference in the sound quality of the two brass lines, and then look at the batteries, and I think you'll be less conflicted.

Show design? Absolutely. SCV's is better. Execution? Bluecoats by a mile.

PR show was blah...should not have received 2nd.

If you were at finals, you wouldn't be saying that. That show took like 3 viewings to grow on me, and none of those even compared to what did on the last night.

Actually, you're right. They should have won.

If you were at finals, you wouldn't be saying that. That show took like 3 viewings to grow on me, and none of those even compared to what did on the last night.

Actually, you're right. They should have won.

I love Phantom, and Faust, and yes, musically they are much more solid, but the perfection of the Cavliers cannot be denied I am afraid. But yes, if I had my way, Phantom would've still won.

They didn't do anything all that major... their last set was their symbol, so the trumpet at the very point after the show just walks off on his own and the colorguard members with the leather demon outfits run over and knock him around and torment him as he walks off the field alone. Then, as the rest of the corps marches off the field, a mysterious extra member with an old-school phantom uniform on walks into the back field bleachers, up over the exit to which they are headed, holds up a flag with the regiment's symbol and salutes them as they walk out. It was cool, but it wasn't hat throwing/black uniforms.

Oh, and so much for the Rule of 6. :o

Don't count PR out of a championship just yet.

Look at their history over the past few years

2003-5th

2004-4th

2005-3rd

2006-2nd

If DCI plays this into politics, Phantom might be your 2007 DCI Champs.

I'm also really sorry for SCV and Carolina Crown. After seeing those shows in person, I think they got robbed. I'm not dissing the Knights, but I think Crown shoulda had 7th.

Oh yeah, congrats to Bluecoats on breaking top 5 for the first time (if not ever, then at least in a long time).

QUOTE (TX Suh-nare @ Aug 16 2006, 10:03 AM)
Don't count PR out of a championship just yet.

Look at their history over the past few years

2003-5th
2004-4th
2005-3rd
2006-2nd

Just for clarification....

Phantom was 4th in 2003 and 5th in 2004.

smile.gif

Posted: Jun 19 2006, 01:04 AM

Report PostQuote Post

Average scores since Friday.....

74.67 - Cavaliers

74.45 - Blue Devils

72.00 - Phantom Regiment

71.68 - Bluecoats

69.88 - Santa Clara Vanguard

67.99 - Madison Scouts

67.33 - Glassmen

63.14 - Colts

61.58 - Blue Stars

58.43 - Southwind

57.23 - Mandarins

50.28 - Pioneer

I just remembered this. It's missing quite a few corps, but interesting i think.