Drum Corps Auditions 2007

TRtrumpet

As far as my prospects go, there's two people in my band so far who have gone out of their way to tell me that I should audition for Cavvies after I said I didn't really know who I wanted to audition for (after they asked me if I was going to try out for any corps for next year).

As for my prospects of actually MAKING their line, or anybody else of that level, I don't really know nor care. The thing that matters more is the development of the skills towards the ends of making the cut and doing one's personal best, with attention to detail and proper techniques and approaches.

Other corps I'm interested in are-

The Blue Devils (video) :wub:

SCV (video and audition if they think I should, as per their description on their site)

Bluecoats (McIntosh's work over there is amazing)

I like Phantom, but I'm not sure if they're having a camp in texas for percussion...

Cadets would be nice also, though I'm not really going out of my way to audition for them.

Barring those high(er)-end corps... probably Crossmen or some other good Division I with an accessible camp.

Instructors are more important than the corps itself as far as personal development of your skills goes. Thus, why Academy would be my top choice for a Division II (if they stay).

Unfortunately, we can only audition for a few of these...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I hear that Phantom, Cavies, and I think Blue Coats are coming down here sometime. If I had my choice, probably Blue Coats because I really enjoy their shows for some reason. Then second would be Cavies, then Phantom. If not that, then I would probably try for SCV if I could.

I do want to try out for Revolution though since I am sure I won't make a division 1 my first year. In addition to that, I would either be playing melo or baritone because I don't shine so much as a trumpet player during marching season as I do concert season.

As far as I know, the Cavies are coming twice, the Bluecoats probably twice, no info. on Phantom.

Phantom:

- November 24-26, 2006 AUDITION CAMP

* Huntley High School - Huntley, IL

Bluecoats:

- November 18-19, 2006 AUDITION CAMP

* Guyer High School - Denton, TX

Cavies:

- November 17-19, 2006 AUDITION CAMP

* Waller High School - Waller, TX

As for who I'm trying out for: Blue Devils, SCV, Bluecoats, Crossmen. In that order.

SVC auditions are in Cedar Park on November 12 at Cedar Park HS. I wouldn't necessarily do the corps this year if I make it because I want to have a summer to transition between high school and college, but I would love to do it in a couple of years. Two of our assistants have connections with corps (Phantom and Cavies), so those would be my top choices. Now that the Crossmen are in San Antonio, they would probably be a good "fall back" corp. They may get to be really good in a couple of years now that they're in Texas though since we all know that Texas is a great state for marching band.

For y'all trying out for Cavies, beware. They're possibly going to Europe, so be willing to pay a LOT of money for entry fees

I'm not trying to benit-picly, but before warning people that Cavaliers go to Europe, make sure the organization even hints on it, instead of reading a rumor on DCP.

There has been no credible information as to if they are even leaving the US or not.

-Conner