Drum Corps Auditions 2007

TRtrumpet

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to benit-picly, but before warning people that Cavaliers go to Europe, make sure the organization even hints on it, instead of reading a rumor on DCP.

There has been no credible information as to if they are even leaving the US or not.

-Conner

The organization HAS mentioned the possibility of it.

I'm joining the TX bandwagon and hoping to make Crossmen. I'll take the three hour drive from H-Town to Dirty SA over the flight to the East or Midwest any day!

If the Crossmen dont work out for you dont forget about Gulf Coast Sound. Open House is November 4th. Check the website for details.

www.gulfcoastsound.org

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that's me. I don't know who you are though.

And no, I think they held off Randy until the 2nd camp last year. They have to weed out the unworthy first. Randy is basically the final test... if you live, you're in.

BY FAR, the hardest hour of my entire life, I've never had a butt cramp before, and I got like 3 or 4 with Randy.

I'm not trying to benit-picly, but before warning people that Cavaliers go to Europe, make sure the organization even hints on it, instead of reading a rumor on DCP.

There has been no credible information as to if they are even leaving the US or not.

-Conner

FYI to all that want to try out for the Cavaliers--there is the POSSIBILTY of them going to Europe this year. It is not a definate NO--but it is a possiblity. the final decission has not been made yet--sometime in mid to late November they should know.

Also, to all of you wanting to audition for any corps--do it!!! Give it your all--you just might be suprised with the out come. Always follow your dream--if you don't--you may regret it later in life. At least if you try and don't make it--you attempted your dream. That's a lot more than most people can say.

For I though I would try out for the new senior corps in Austin, but then I found out they won't be active until 2007-08. <_< I'd like to see if I could try out for Revolution, but the only way I could do that is if I found someone up at UT who's auditioning and willing to drive me to San Antonio (I won't have a car on campus). Of course, I could always try out for a Houston-area DCA corps and "visit" home a lot for their spring camps. All in all, it will require much thought.

Not true....actually the Austin Stars are planning on doing Mini-Corps this upcoming season ('07) and a field corps in '08. Of course we would love to have you with us here in Houston at Gulf Coast Sound. This year is looking to be the best ever.

• 4 weeks later...

looks like crossmen will be more noticeable than ever.

although I'm afraid that if I try out for, idk, say blue devils, I might make it. and although I'm all up for prestige and winning everything, if what I heard is true, the work is 7963428 times harder than marching band. and this year I almost died by the end of our show. I was running more than half the time(running=5 to 5 @>180

looks like crossmen will be more noticeable than ever.

although I'm afraid that if I try out for, idk, say blue devils, I might make it. and although I'm all up for prestige and winning everything, if what I heard is true, the work is 7963428 times harder than marching band. and this year I almost died by the end of our show. I was running more than half the time(running=5 to 5 @>180

naw man its ESPERANZA for us...lol doesnt get more prestigious than that

I got all this from the website

"Camp Schedules

Muncie, IN - November 18 and Dallas, TX - December 3

8:30 A.M. Registration

9:00 A.M. Full meeting with all auditionees

9:30 A.M. Rehearsals begin

5:00 P.M. Auditions Conclude'

Other Information

-All auditionees need to prepare the audition materials.

-$75.00 camp fee covers all instruction, food, housing, transportation to and from the airport (if needed).

-Please prepare to audition on your own instrument (except pit percussion auditionees).

-Continue to check this site for updated audition materials and news."

And heres everything in more detail:

http://www.bluestars.org/audition/about_the_audition.php

So I went to the crossmen camp, lots of potential there as you would expect. Some things seemed a bit unorganized, like the girls basketball team coming into the gym across ours and having practice at 6 am! George Hopkins came in and gave us a few words of encouragment. He basically told us that he's getting rid of the crossmen so that they can become as successful as the Cadets. Everyone that I talked to was really happy with the staff. Things looking up for the Crossment!

and I made it to the next cut!

So I went to the crossmen camp, lots of potential there as you would expect. Some things seemed a bit unorganized, like the girls basketball team coming into the gym across ours and having practice at 6 am! George Hopkins came in and gave us a few words of encouragment. He basically told us that he's getting rid of the crossmen so that they can become as successful as the Cadets. Everyone that I talked to was really happy with the staff. Things looking up for the Crossment!

Congratulations. I don't know any more what I'm gonna do about trying out for a drum corps this year, any suggestion?

i didn't see you there! were you with the pit?? you'll have to find me next time. ^_^