Madison Scouts

mbui

The following was posted by Michael Boo on the DrumCorpsPlanet Forums.

---------

I received an e-mail from Scott Boerma just now. He requested that I pass along the following information. The following is extracted from his request and I forward it for informational purposes only.

"As of last evening, I have officially resigned as the Brass Arranger and Brass Co-Caption Head as has Mark Waymire as the Brass Co-Caption Head. Most of our brass staff members resigned last night as well. I have been with the Madison Scouts for 23 years (18 as the arranger), so it is with heavy heart that I did this.

The caption heads for all other captions have also resigned, as well as a significant number of instructors and administrative staff.

My purpose for this letter to you is simply that of information. Please feel free to share this information with anyone you know, be it online or through word of mouth."

ALL of them?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Call me crazy, but I think you need an instructional staff to run a Drum Corps. How is this going to affect auditions and the future of the corps?? Would YOU want to be part of a Drum Corps that had their entire instructional staff literally disappear??

What the heck is going on in Madison!?!?!?!?!?

This comes less than a week after the announcement on August 22nd that the Board of Directors voted to get rid of Sylvester Salas (Executive Director of the whole organization and Director of the Corps). It might have something to do with that, but this is all speculation.

ALL of them?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Call me crazy, but I think you need an instructional staff to run a Drum Corps. How is this going to affect auditions and the future of the corps?? Would YOU want to be part of a Drum Corps that had their entire instructional staff literally disappear??

What the heck is going on in Madison!?!?!?!?!?

I think we'd all like to know that. Though this is a chance for Madison to completely revamp the organization and go in a new direction.

• 3 weeks later...
i'd like to add that this is 2 years after madison changed their entire brass staff...after marching there for the past 2 years i can't say i saw this coming but it was a high posibility...only the future knows what will become of the corps

mynma

Madison Brass

05-06

Let's hope Madison can still survive through it.