2024 WGI Discussion Thread

ugh Origins off of 6th by 0.2. so close!!

Bowie had a stellar run, Marcus was very strong also. too bad the audio on Flo for SO is 2 seconds ahead of the visual. all the solo tosses were spoiled by the snap sound or lack thereof and audience reaction LOL.

welp Fusion in 1st in IW after semis. wasn't even their best run. not at all surprising. stiiill not in love with the soundtrack but the designs in IW this yr are mostly..... yeah...

my prediction from last yr for Fusion will prob be right. if not this year, then next unless POC has a banger.

Beautiful show from our first Scholastic A Finalist, Corinth Holders. Right out the gate I'm like, "This is A Class?!" A Class on steroids! Look at them going into the ground and spinning. Look at the illusion toss! What?! So talented!

I'm watching on multi-cam. I like seeing the expressions of the performers in Finals.

6 hours ago, Yaz said:

Hi! I'm sort of "new" to TXBands so this may be the wrong place to ask this question. If it is, I apologize.

Does anyone follow Indoor Percussion? State Championships is Tomorrow in Katy.

By all means, please post about indoor percussion. In fact, create your own topic, if you like. I like watching the percussion competitions, but just don't know much about it. I'm a winds and guard person and would love to be educated about that aspect of the musical arts.

Congrats to Marcus, Westlake, and James Bowie for making Open Class Finals! 🥳

Marcus in a 3-way tie for 3rd and Westlake just a tiny fraction behind that cluster. That medal is up for grabs!

Interesting to see Dobyns-Bennett's score increase from when I first looked at it. Transcription error? Anyway, their new score looks more like what I'd expect. Comfortably in finals as opposed to the last one in.

The depth of talent in SO finals was amazing. I’m so glad they didn’t promote any of these groups mid season and instead let them shine in open class. I think Ayala still takes it but I wouldn’t be mad to see Centerville sneak in there. As much as I would love to see Marcus medal, I think that American Fork made the best case for bronze.