2024 WGI Discussion Thread

Northview is probably the main reason I'm watching on multi. 😂 So much attention to character. It's just delightful! Performers slayed the skills, too. The size of the floor sometimes swallows up the staging, a little unbalanced, but the performers very nearly fill it all up with their personality!

I had to go back and check as well. I think because I'm watching on multi the lights being out for Miamisburg wasn't as obvious. Overall, it didn't seem like their best run. Lots of individual errors in this performance, but they still communicate that wonderful, ethereal quality through the choreo, all those smoothly connected phrases. Very challenging skills, also.

Kiski, Kiski, Kiski. Watch out, future SW medalist contenders, this guard is coming for you! I love the wobbling topsy-turvy stairs, how the performer's penché atop them becomes an upside down split. 😂

Yeah, El Dorado is another one like Kiski. They're coming for the top dogs. Very expressive, very impressive breadth of talent. When I look at this show from upstairs, at the overall aesthetic, I see "blood in the water." These kids perform like they smell blood in the water. 

What a heavy concept to give to high schoolers! The level of synchronization that Carmel achieves on those unison tosses is mind blowing considering the soundtrack doesn’t really have very defined rhythmic cues. 

Darn near perfection from Avon! A couple of drops, but nothing too big. The overall effect is so outstanding. And it's easily the cleanest show of the night! I think many guards could learn a thing or two about movement from them. So clean and expressive!

16 minutes ago, packwick said:

mirage makes me wanna wear flannel and go to Michfest LOL.

They were SO good!

And Origins had an absolutely amazing performance! I feel like they may find themselves in medalist contention in a couple years, or less.