DCI 2024

Tubalord11

5 hours ago, packwick said:

Darn, I missed it. The Blue Devils organization is very quick about getting these videos removed, isn't it? Fewest performance videos on YouTube, it seems.

4 hours ago, packwick said:

i think my favorite vis part is the "unwinding uterus" in the opener

What?! Hopefully this is just a Rorschach blot moment. I'll have to be on the lookout for that one next time. 😬😂

1 hour ago, Rubisco said:

Darn, I missed it. The Blue Devils organization is very quick about getting these videos removed, isn't it? Fewest performance videos on YouTube, it seems.

What?! Hopefully this is just a Rorschach blot moment. I'll have to be on the lookout for that one next time. 😬😂

Don’t worry, through some slightly illegal processes I got it!

Really loving the director Scouts are moving in. Could we see them back in finals, possibly. Still haven’t seen Crossmen and SOA are also loooing really strong, plus BK whom I also haven’t seen, but I love their music a lot. Biggest issue is that it’s “easier” compared to other shows in the bottom half/first couple out of finals, but they seem to have found themselves this season, could be top 12 fs if they really clean up. 

Phantoms show just bring me pure joy every time I watch it!!! What. A. Sound!!! Just such a well designed product, and keeps you on your feet from start to finish!!! It’s becoming one of my favorites real fast!! 

Ok, I need your help. Where are the scores from the 2 South Carolina DCI Shows Conway, and Lexington? Any help or explanation would be greatly appreciated. Also, how has attendance been at shows thus far?

Just now, TLMANI said:

Ok, I need your help. Where are the scores from the 2 South Carolina DCI Shows Conway, and Lexington? Any help or explanation would be greatly appreciated. Also, how has attendance been at shows thus far?

If they aren’t on the website, probably got rained out. Ik Crownbeat got canceled LN bc of rain. Attended at shows seems to be pretty strong this year based of Flo

14 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Well Crown came out tonight with an 83.45, so it seems they aren’t out of the conversation just yet lol 

maybe, but that score, like the one given to Bloo the previous night, is buoyed by verrry very generous numbers from Ken Turner. ill have to look again but think he gave crown a 90 in music analysis. on July 8th. wondering if he's retiring or something and going out with a bang LOL. was once a chief judge.

most judges are keeping the scores quite close right now, not unusual for this point in the season. they're keenly aware of how everyone else is being scored in their particular caption(s) across the country.

still think Bloo should be good for a championship, feeling even more strongly about that after seeing the much higher angle. brilliant design. but i doubt that the first matchup with Devs will have them ahead by over a point. think they'll need better scores across the board for that, not just in effect and visual analysis.

1 hour ago, packwick said:

maybe, but that score, like the one given to Bloo the previous night, is buoyed by verrry very generous numbers from Ken Turner. ill have to look again but think he gave crown a 90 in music analysis. on July 8th. wondering if he's retiring or something and going out with a bang LOL. was once a chief judge.

most judges are keeping the scores quite close right now, not unusual for this point in the season. they're keenly aware of how everyone else is being scored in their particular caption(s) across the country.

still think Bloo should be good for a championship, feeling even more strongly about that after seeing the much higher angle. brilliant design. but i doubt that the first matchup with Devs will have them ahead by over a point. think they'll need better scores across the board for that, not just in effect and visual analysis.

Yeah I did notice that lol, definitely boosted them a lot, but I agree, Bloo is my favorite to win, LOVE their show, and its designed so smartly, seeing them live next week will be life changing 

Great showing this evening by our west/west-ish groups!!! First watch of Troopers-O.M.G!!! Love their show sooo much, probably my second personal fav behind PR. SCV had their best run by far, much cleaned up, and the scores show it! Really loving Mandi’s as well, such a super fun show! BA couldn’t come any sooner, I’m ready for all the groups to go head to head!! 

Thanks Tubalord11 for the SC contest scores explanation. I wish DCI would put that in the scores section as in years past when they would list the show as exhibition, stand still, or canceled due to weather. I am praying for safe travels for each Corp, staff, and other participants. I am praying likewise for those traveling to and from shows as spectators. With the various weather concerns, I am praying everybody is being spared or enduring, especially those participants whose family may be dealing with the fires, extreme heat, and/or hurricane/tornadoes and flooding. I have never seen such extremely dangerous weather so early. Here's To All Competitions taking place as scheduled. 

Here's a novel thought:

What if DCI did like the college football rankings, and waited a few weeks before assigning scores? You could give feedback to the corps leading up to that 1st big Saturday the 2nd week in July when all of the big corps have performed their show a few times. Perhaps the judges could then spent more time sharing what they are hearing and seeing without concern for a score. The audience could complete their own brackets to see how close they were to the first official rankings. Perhaps by waiting a couple of weeks, some corps may actually place higher. This could also enable the adjudicators to fly to competitions across the US to see the corps. They could also have access to video shot the same way for each Corp so the judges could see each show a few times prior to their first ranking. This is again similar to the college football judging/viewing each week before announcing their top 25. Just something to think about....

2 minutes ago, Dave609 said:

I'm surprised no one talked about Boston's score from a couple of nights ago. They got an 86.050 last time which is so far the closest a drum corps has gotten to 90 this season.

Yeah, I think right now people are just waiting for BA to come around so we can get our first feel with the “big 4”, I’m very curious to see how Crown does against the other 3, Ik they compete tonight but they’ve been pretty quiet recently, hoping they’ve been able to improve a lot and can place well Tuesday score wise. But yeah Bostons on a roll, could see them taking it this season seeing their new ending. 

4 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Yeah, I think right now people are just waiting for BA to come around so we can get our first feel with the “big 4”, I’m very curious to see how Crown does against the other 3, Ik they compete tonight but they’ve been pretty quiet recently, hoping they’ve been able to improve a lot and can place well Tuesday score wise. But yeah Bostons on a roll, could see them taking it this season seeing their new ending. 

that makes sense. Would be cool to see Boston take the win this year. But we will have to wait and see because The Bluecoats are also cooking this year! 

20 minutes ago, clarinetistkai05 said:

i can’t wait to see dci live for the first time! this is the first full season im following, and ill be at dci mckinney this year! im super excited and i cannot wait to see all the shows!!! :)))

thats awesome! I haven't been to an event since 2018, but I will say that seeing DCI live is so much more fun then watching it via stream!