DCI 2024

Tubalord11

2 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Good evening everyone! We’re here live at the University of North Texas for an amazing night of DCI!! I will be taking comments throughout the night and post before heading home! Super excited for tonight! 

I’m here too! 

Results for DCI Denton:

World Class-

1st: 90.50- The Bluecoats
2nd: 89.65- Boston Crusaders
3rd: 87.975- Carolina Crown
4th: 86.60- Phantom Regiment
5th: 84.30- Santa Clara Vanguard
6th: 78.05- Crossmen
7th: 77.45- Pacific Crest
8th: 74.95- Music City

Soundsport Class:

Zephyrus: Gold Rating

Results for DCI Waco-

World Class-

1st Place: 82.60- The Cavaliers
2nd Place: 79.75- Madison Scouts
3rd Place: 79.00- Blue Knights
4th Place: 77.40- Spirit of Atlanta
5th Place: 74.50- The Academy
6th Place: 70.30- Genesis
7th Place: 67.50- Seattle Cascades
8th Place: 65.40- Jersey Surf

Soundsport Class-

Arsenal- Gold Rating

I am happy to see the Blue Coats and Boston doing well. What can Carolina Crown do to close the scoring gap? When I first saw their show on YouTube in late June, I thought WOW! They may have a chance to win or be in the top 3. Another thing, I don't get the Blue Devil's show The Romantics. Why do you think they are scoring so well?

Anyway please respond so I can hear what you think is going on. 

7 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

It was an unforgettable night of DCI, and I’m super excited to watch SA soon!! Amazing performances all around! 

AND it wasn’t dreadfully hot like usual 🙌🏽. My favorites were Phantom & Bloo. Crusaders guard- I could watch them all day; just phenomenal. I was left wanting more design-wise from Crown, but they sounded great. Sooo good to see SCV back too!

3 hours ago, JazzRun said:

AND it wasn’t dreadfully hot like usual 🙌🏽. My favorites were Phantom & Bloo. Crusaders guard- I could watch them all day; just phenomenal. I was left wanting more design-wise from Crown, but they sounded great. Sooo good to see SCV back too!

Yes the weather was phenomenal!! And yeah Bloo and PR were my favorite, and yeah BAC’s guard was insane, and yeah I agree about crown, maybe they are waiting to add more, the new uniform switch was cool though.

Just now, packwick said:

Bloooo finally gettin that 1+ point gap they deserve. also maybe the highest southwestern regional score ever. over a 93??? not sure that's ever happened before, not when it has been held at this point in the season anyway. when i saw their show at the premiere, i thought gold with prob around a 98.5. this score makes u think that they maaaybe will eke out a 99. gonna need to up their guard game for that tho. honestly i think it's just as simple as adding more of those big, full ensemble weapon trick tosses that read well from upstairs. seems to be what's driving the content scores, to my eyes anyway. Boston has like their entire 20+ weapon line rolling under 7s and mostly nailing it. by the way, prob the best guard ive ever seen in DCI. i do like the clarity of Bloo's technique, tho. they seem to linger after their tosses, showing off their pristine hand placements and body carriage. it's very clear.

Devs still clinging on to 2nd but i think Boston should overtake them soon. much more coherent show. finally the VA judge had some balls. thank you, Keith!

I'm so Happy that The Bluecoats won San Antonio! Their show is legit amazing imo

28 minutes ago, packwick said:

Bloooo finally gettin that 1+ point gap they deserve. also maybe the highest southwestern regional score ever. over a 93??? not sure that's ever happened before, not when it has been held at this point in the season anyway. when i saw their show at the premiere, i thought gold with prob around a 98.5. this score makes u think that they maaaybe will eke out a 99. gonna need to up their guard game for that tho. honestly i think it's just as simple as adding more of those big, full ensemble weapon trick tosses that read well from upstairs. seems to be what's driving the content scores, to my eyes anyway. Boston has like their entire 20+ weapon line rolling under 7s and mostly nailing it. by the way, prob the best guard ive ever seen in DCI. i do like the clarity of Bloo's technique, tho. they seem to linger after their tosses, showing off their pristine hand placements and body carriage. it's very clear.

Devs still clinging on to 2nd but i think Boston should overtake them soon. much more coherent show. finally the VA judge had some balls. thank you, Keith!

Yeah it’s a new SA record!!! Ik it’s not likely, but I REALLY hope they get the new high score for finals!!! I’d be beyond 😊 

Has anyone noticed the amount of props being moved around on the field by many of the corps, with varying degrees of success? I know a lot of high schools are influenced by the drum corps activity. Unless they have the manpower to move props, I would suggest they leave them stationary or keep things simple.

am thrilled the Blue Coats won San Antonio. Their show is just exciting to watch. The one big stage that morphs throughout the show to smaller platforms, is handled well by the performers. The Blue Devils had a couple days off and it seems they used their time well to clean their marching and music. In years past, I would think the Blue Coats would need to be worried as the Blue Devils usually have one more major something to reveal that allows them to maintain their lead or overtake the Corp in front of them score wise. Only time will tell if the Blue Coats can hang on to their margin of victory or not. Of course, you only need to win by .0001 ahead of 2nd place. We can't forget the Boston Crusaders who scored just tenths of a point from the Blue Devils. 

5 hours ago, Rubisco said:

I don't think we'll see much of a challenge for gold in August, but there are exciting fights playing out down the list. 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, and 12th all have 2+ corps duking it out right now. Exciting!

12th is the one we really need to watch, because Madison Scouts, Spirit of Atlanta, Crossmen, Blue Knights, and Pacific Crest all have a great chance to make finals.

4 hours ago, youraveragebandkid said:

Tbh, I have never seen so much excitement and hype in an audience during a performance like Phantom’s performance on Saturday EVER- to be in the crowd like that and get so hyped from the very beginning when the head conductor pulled out her baton was insane 🤩

I just can't wait to see what the finals crowd at Indy🔥

On 7/22/2024 at 8:46 PM, clarinetistkai05 said:

IM SO EXCITED FOR TMRW! I am going to DCI McKinney and I get to see Blue Stars, Troopers, Mandies, and SCV!!!! :D 

I will definitely be a hundred dollars poorer but it’s okayyy 😭

I WAS RIGHT! I had so so much fun, and I got to enjoy the shows, along with see my friends who were performing! The Troopers & Mandies were definitely my favorites to see, but Blue Stars hold a special place in my heart. Overall, I enjoyed my experience, and I can’t wait to do it again sometime!

On 7/23/2024 at 7:19 PM, youraveragebandkid said:

Tbh, I have never seen so much excitement and hype in an audience during a performance like Phantom’s performance on Saturday EVER- to be in the crowd like that and get so hyped from the very beginning when the head conductor pulled out her baton was insane 🤩

This is FACTS. The crowd went NUTS for Phantom!  It was so exciting being there on Saturday.