2024 BOA San Antonio Super Regional (Nov. 8 & 9)

On 10/12/2024 at 3:43 PM, TruthMatters said:

The fact that most of the GN bands refuse to come to TX when TX bands have to spend almost $400K+ to get to Indy is testament to who is not afraid to venture into other competitions.

This. I get Tarpon Springs not coming, their GN trips are just as expensive and just as far as any Texas band taking the trip to Indy, but I feel like Avon and Carmel should be coming down to this Super every year San Antonio and their states don't land on the same weekend. Apparently Broken Arrow refuses to come down, but the rest of these big names would do well so I don't see the reason to hold out. I also see Bentonville doing very well here and I hope they consider either next year or the year after if they decide to attend GN next year. 

8 hours ago, AdamantiumLife said:

This. I get Tarpon Springs not coming, their GN trips are just as expensive and just as far as any Texas band taking the trip to Indy, but I feel like Avon and Carmel should be coming down to this Super every year San Antonio and their states don't land on the same weekend. Apparently Broken Arrow refuses to come down, but the rest of these big names would do well so I don't see the reason to hold out. I also see Bentonville doing very well here and I hope they consider either next year or the year after if they decide to attend GN next year. 

It’s hardly any cheaper to come down to Texas.

Looking at the attendance list, these are my predictions of finalists, which will likely change as we get closer. Alphabetically listed:

Cedar Park

Cedar Ridge

Coppell

Flower Mound

Hebron

Leander

Marcus

Pearland

Ronald Reagan

Rouse

The Woodlands

Vandegrift

Vista Ridge

Waxahachie

Like people have said before, this contest has so many talented bands performing, so some are definitely going to get left out. That does not make them any less talented. As fans of these competitions, it’s great to be excited by predictions and scores and we can agree there are bands that generally stand out above the rest, but it’s important to remember that all of these bands deserve our praise and applause. 

1 hour ago, balumni2023 said:

Looking at the attendance list, these are my predictions of finalists, which will likely change as we get closer. Alphabetically listed:

Cedar Park

Cedar Ridge

Coppell

Flower Mound

Hebron

Leander

Marcus

Pearland

Ronald Reagan

Rouse

The Woodlands

Vandegrift

Vista Ridge

Waxahachie

Like people have said before, this contest has so many talented bands performing, so some are definitely going to get left out. That does not make them any less talented. As fans of these competitions, it’s great to be excited by predictions and scores and we can agree there are bands that generally stand out above the rest, but it’s important to remember that all of these bands deserve our praise and applause. 

Fairly solid list imo, it feels right for the current field. I'd maybe swap Waxahachie with Round Rock but it'll come down to their prelims run.

Honestly BOASA '24 is starting to feel similar in difficulty to BOASA '17. There's a lot of good bands and it's going to be a tough fight to make it into finals. Insane that there's only about 3-4 weeks left in the TX marching season. 

With the ever growing field of competitiveness in TX I shall restart my campaign for making SA Super Regional into Grand Nats South 😌 

57 minutes ago, Miyazuu said:

With the ever growing field of competitiveness in TX I shall restart my campaign for making SA Super Regional into Grand Nats South 😌 

I can’t imagine BOA will ever want to detract from the prestige that is Grand Nats even if the reality is that SA just as competitive, if not more so pretty much every year.

4 minutes ago, seafoodbuffet said:

I can’t imagine BOA will ever want to detract from the prestige that is Grand Nats even if the reality is that SA just as competitive, if not more so pretty much every year.

Yeahhh :(being a nats finalist or even just being in attendance of nats is a pretty notable experience within the TX bands

1 hour ago, TheSV-001Gamer said:

Just believe in the Pearland win 🏆 

ya know what, the show shares a helluva lot of qualities with a classic Broken Arrow show, and we all know how well those placed. maybe not the freshest show in the world, but i def rank it higher than most do atm. they've got a great prelims perf time, too, esp w/ panel 1 being a nightmare. good opportunity for them to show they can hang w/ Vandy. just gotta get that perf up to Broken Arrow standards, bc Vandy will be dazzling musically!!

30 minutes ago, mussheet said:

whoops forgot them

new one with vista

1. Vandegrift
  2. Hebron
  3. Rouse
  4. Flower Mound
  5. The Woodlands
  6. Cedar Park
  7. Marcus
  8. Pearland
  9. Vista Ridge
  10. Ronald Reagan
  11. Coppell
  12. Dripping Springs
  13. Cedar Ridge
  14. James Bowie

------------------

15. Leander

I feel like Cedar Park will surprise all of us this year. Anyone in the top 6, even 8, could take home a medal