2024 BOA Prosper (Oct. 12)

Grapevine HS- Codiwhompple:

Great stuff Grapevine! Very interesting show, cool theme but they are executing well! Great soloists all around, and they are killing the marching, see why they won visual last weekend in AA! Lovely soloist in the ballad, good sounds from the ensemble, just need to clean. GE throughout, love the bike. Will see how Coweta and Liberty are but could definitely be our AA champs, great job Grapevine! 

Wakeland:

Nice pre-shown into the opening hit I love the mello lines really adds some color! Their shows the really know how to showcase each section. Very clean! Powerful mature sounds. Nice job sax! Oh yeah, euphonium and horn. Clean technique throughout the ensemble. A visually pleasing show! Great job Wakeland!

Visually, Wakeland was amazing. Their formations were sharp, and their movement across the field was fluid and well-coordinated, displaying a strong sense of unity among the members. The color guard added vibrant visual storytelling that complemented the music perfectly, enhancing the overall narrative and drawing the audience deeper into the show. Cannot wait to see them again tonight

Wakeland HS-where the heart is:

Love me some Wakeland magic, and that’s what they brought!! Amazing pre show into the opening statement! Wow, just such mature sounds, they really play like an indoor concert ensemble. Lovely soloists throughout, that Sax player, simply majestic! Visually, they are ridiculously clean, per the norm. Super excited and interested to see where they land tonight, will be a threat at state fs, wonderful job Wakeland!!

Braswell HS- down by the river side:

WHAT A FUN SHOW!!! Despite the wind causing prop issues, these kids perused!! That trumpet soloist, Holy Smokes!!! Really great sounds, though I do think they could be a little louder at times, especially when there’s no solo/feature happening. Visually very clean, and tons of GE, musically and visuals! Those kids were having a great time and the audience ate that show up. Made a very strong case for finals, amazing job Braswell!! 

Liberty:

Very zen. I feel like the wind is going to continue to cause problems for props. I think they had a very alternates sit in front of them 😅. I like how the flower opens up. Preformed well musically. The vocal addition was cool. Poor alternates fighting the wind. 

Liberty HS-Panem:

great performance from Liberty!! Unfortunately, the wind is causing more prop problems, but they had some alternates save some! Vocalist added some nice GE, great soloist and they have a good sound for their size! Some strong guard moments, and visually some cool writing. Definitely put up a chance at 2A champs, great job Liberty! 

In my opinion.... but know I'll  be way off.... 

Marcus/Wakeland 

Wakeland/ Marcus

Jenks

Lone Star/ Mckinney / Bentonville 

Mckinney/ Lone Star /Bentonville 

Bentonville/ Lone Star/  Mckinney

Mustang 

Mckinney Boyd

Rock hill

Prosper

SLC

Rockwall/ Bell

Edited by OGFISD99

3 minutes ago, OGFISD99 said:

In my opinion.... but know I'll  be way off.... 

Marcus/Wakeland 

Wakeland/ Marcus

Jenks

Lone Star/ Mckinney / Bentonville 

Mckinney/ Lone Star /Bentonville 

Bentonville/ Lone Star/  Mckinney

Mustang 

Mckinney Boyd

Rock hill

Prosper

SLC

Rockwall.