2024 BOA Prosper (Oct. 12)

North Mesquite HS- submerged: 

Lovely showing from NM! Big fan of Niagara Falls and they played it so well!! Amazing soloists throughout, flute and Clarinet did so well in the ballad!! Pretty solid visually, some cleaning, but I think with enough of it, they could come out on top at Area C, would definitely be surprised if they don’t make state. Great job Big Blue!!

Waller:

Good opening hit! Woodwind technique strong. Good passing between the brass sections. Some sets still need a bit of polishing. I liked the softer pit section, followed by a softer woodwind undertone. Nice job horn! Followed by euphonium, good flow to the both of them! Good job Waller band! 

1 minute ago, LoneStarSuperFan said:

Loller:

Good opening hit! Woodwind technique strong. Good passing between the brass sections. Some sets still need a bit of polishing. I liked the softer pit section, followed by a softer woodwind undertone. Nice job horn! Followed by euphonium, good flow to the both of them! Good job Loller band! 

It’s Waller lol 😂 

never thought I’d hear them be called Loller, but I understand why that’s what you heard 

Waller HS-trailblaze:

Great stuff from Waller! Brass had a very good presence and they are playing some hard licks pretty clean! Visually, they’ve got some ways to go, but still some solid moments. Good soloists, and a great show all around, good job Waller!!

6 minutes ago, TrenBS said:

Very well, in regards to BOA for MISD id say yall are probably the best, I love how strong yalls low brass has gotten

it's crazy i marched there 2013-2017 and we didn't have a great trombone section and seeing this section having their own feature is just mind boggling to me

Walnut Grove:

Building backfield. Turn around to the front hit, not overpowering, control is evident. Nice trumpet brassy eco. Strong brass moments are very present in the show. Woodwinds have their moments and sound controlled. Nice job flutes! Good brass build through the balled hit. Most of the marching is clean. Interesting saxophone technique nice eco effect! Technique is clear across the ensemble and nice mello rip! Good ending effect nice job!

Walnut Grove HS- The Winding Road:

WOW WANUT GROVE!!! I see why they did so well at MMI, because they were amazing! Really strong first impact, great sounds for their size!! Lovely soloist, those flirts were just wonderful in the ballad! Clean drill, and plenty of GE in it as well! They’ve already come leaps and bounds from last season, and will soon be a threat to reckon with, amazing job Walnut Grove!!! 

1 minute ago, Trashpanda287 said:

I might be old but did anybody else realize walnut grove plays the Civilization game theme?

Im not certain if they did, but I got heavy Civ vibes at times, Im waiting for a band to do a Civ show haha