2024 BOA Prosper (Oct. 12)

12 minutes ago, ThatOneRandomGuy said:

Walnut Grove is a 5A high-school that will make them 3A here. 

They were 5A last year and 2A here, so plenty of 5A bands are 2A, which is why I’m asking, wish Boa would at least tell us somewhere, but I understand why they don’t 

Wylie HS- Come Together:

Amazing performance from Wylie to close out our prelims competition!! Amazing opening sound, though did think they’d be a little louder for their size, though I’m in the upper half of the stadium so that may be why. Visual was my highlight from them, so clean, and they’ve got some super cool drill and body movements!! Plenty of visuals for GE, though musically I struggled to follow at times. It’ll be really close for them, but an amazing performance from that Wylie Band!!

3 minutes ago, crunchycookie3 said:

Here’s what I’ve got after prelims:

1. Marcus
  2. Wakeland
  3. LD Bell
  4. Lone Star
  5. Rock Hill
  6. Bentonville
  7. Jenks
  8. McKinney
  9. Wylie
  10. Carroll
  11. Prosper
  12. Liberty

I’m sorry but I don’t understand Liberty 😭😭 they weren’t bad but there were definitely 12 better bands for sure 

3 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Wylie HS- Come Together:

Amazing performance from Wylie to close out our prelims competition!! Amazing opening sound, though did think they’d be a little louder for their size, though I’m in the upper half of the stadium so that may be why. Visual was my highlight from them, so clean, and they’ve got some super cool drill and body movements!! Plenty of visuals for GE, though musically I struggled to follow at times. It’ll be really close for them, but an amazing performance from that Wylie Band!!

How does @Tubalord11 define General Effect and can you give an example? 😂 

Erm… not even halfway through Commerces show but they definitely win (if they competed)

Wylie was honestly very hard for me to follow visually, those uniforms muddy the form really bad even though they did well, and WWs were dropping on some of those features, but the brass was great, I think they definitely have a shot at finals but not sure if I see them breaking single digits personally, love the show though just disagree on some of the design choices mainly lol

2FDB7DAC-2C27-470B-ACD7-317C870DC056.jpeg

16 minutes ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

How does @Tubalord11 define General Effect and can you give an example? 😂 

I define it of presentation of the story and connecting to the audience. I’m probably completely wrong about Wylie, I just didn’t personally feel their show, but they looked and sounded amazing regardless! 

19 minutes ago, TrenBS said:

Erm… not even halfway through Commerces show but they definitely win (if they competed)

Wylie was honestly very hard for me to follow visually, those uniforms muddy the form really bad even though they did well, and WWs were dropping on some of those features, but the brass was great, I think they definitely have a shot at finals but not sure if I see them breaking single digits personally, love the show though just disagree on some of the design choices mainly lol

2FDB7DAC-2C27-470B-ACD7-317C870DC056.jpeg

A&M was exhibition, they’re a college

Okay, just got access to the sight lol, here’s my finals predictions, remember I’m not a judge, literally guessing at this point. Should be doing top half/bottom half but oh well lol 

Locks for finals:

1st Marcus 

2nd Bentonville 

3rd Mustang (yes me think lol)

4th Wakeland 

Really high potential 

5th Lonestar 

6th Prosper 

7th Rockhill

8th Southlake Carroll 

9th McKinney North

Last 3 

10th Jenks(think they can jump a lot) 

11th LD Bell  

12th Wylie/Wylie East/Mckinney 

Fighting for last few: Jenks, McKinney, Wylie, East, Bell, Boyd, Azle, Braswell, Rockwall, Walnut Grove 

A

1st Whitesboro-sweep 

2nd- Commerce 

3rd-  Washington 

AA

1st Grapevine-visual/GE 

2nd Liberty- Music 

3rd Coweta 

AAA

1st Wakeland-sweep 

2nd Lonestar 

3rd McKinney North