2024 BOA Prosper (Oct. 12)

Just now, KingSousa4Life said:

Wow no Mckinney schools. What happened if anyone knows? None of their runs seemed bad.

Gonna preface that Im not saying this cause Im salty about Boyd or McKinney schools missing cause I can totally get why, definitely not salty about those misses since it was a tough bubble

But definitely not 100% on a couple if the spots, personally disagree with Wylie top half and North missing for Braswell, but Im not the judges so not gonna call them stupid, show design seems to lead the results here this year with some of the major discrepancies in visual/music execution, but besides my own subjective opinion the finals group makes sense

2 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Yeah Rockwall just absolutely showed why they deserve to be here. After a second watch, I love the show even more. It’s simple and popular music they are playing their own way. Wow soloists, guard was 🔥🔥🔥 I don’t see why they can’t make state, still will be competitive but that’s as close to a UIL as it gets

Tubalord for President!!!

Rockwalls show hits even more in the dark, not sure why. So proud of this band and directors. Now we get to listen to 10 more amazing bands!

Great stuff from Keller Central! I still don’t understand the show, but that’s okay bc I could listen to them all day! Super strong brass, especially dem Mellos, love the trills, super clean! Excited to see how they do at Waco, probably better than most expect regardless of results tonight, definitely showed up tonight!

7 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Great stuff from Keller Central! I still don’t understand the show, but that’s okay bc I could listen to them all day! Super strong brass, especially dem Mellos, love the trills, super clean! Excited to see how they do at Waco, probably better than most expect regardless of results tonight, definitely showed up tonight!

If you don’t understand that go watch FloMo lol

God I love this Mustang show sooo much! GE is off the charts, they just need to continue cleaning and it’ll be a beast of a show come nats! Some squeaks in the WW’s and a couple individual visual issues but I think they have shot at top half. Thanks so much for coming down to Tx Mustang, absolute banger show!!! 

4 minutes ago, BassBoneBro said:

Do y’all think Rockhill should’ve made finals…because I feel like they they did better than some of these finalists bands. Especially all the amazing quality’s, it feels kinda sucky I won’t be seeing it again 

I think they’ll have been super close, if not first out. I had them in, but clearly the judges saw things we didn’t, doesn’t mean they’re bad, this comp is extremely rich with talented programs!!

7 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Southlake brining it tonight!! So many hidden features throughout, though hard to catch it all sometimes bc there’s always so much going on, but it’s never to much. Lovely WW small ensemble and Flugelhorn soloist, really love the direction they’re going, definitely could put up a fight for state! 

5 minutes ago, jetliner said:

Cannot say I ever expected to hear Wriggle on the field. Very much enjoyed Carroll's execution of it!

Great show by SLC.  Clean lines and great props. I am still somewhat bothered by the brass being so muted. They need to bring the "big" sound they have had the last few years.