2024 BOA Bedford (Oct. 5)

23 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Marcus was SOOOO GOOD at HEB last night and I’ve seen snippets of Hebron from Mesquite and omg they’re incredible! I really wish Marcus was gonna be here and Prosper, but they’ll do amazing their and make that lineup more strong then it would have been without them. Have been hearing great things about FlowerMound, super pumped to see them! 

Let’s not forget the stunning performance from Wakeland. Think about it, even though aledo might’ve slipped past them by .25 this is the wake up call they needed. I have a strong feeling that 3rd-5th is a reasonable placement for this particular BOA. However maybe if they have a great awakening I could see a potential gold. But logically 3rd place doesn’t seem out of reach.

1 hour ago, WakelandSuperFan said:

Let’s not forget the stunning performance from Wakeland. Think about it, even though aledo might’ve slipped past them by .25 this is the wake up call they needed. I have a strong feeling that 3rd-5th is a reasonable placement for this particular BOA. However maybe if they have a great awakening I could see a potential gold. But logically 3rd place doesn’t seem out of reach.

I may be in the minority here but I feel like Hebron is starting slower this year. Don’t get me wrong, they are simply amazing from first note to last note. Have seen them a lot over the past few years and this show just isn’t hitting like the past few years. I found their guard onesies in beginning of show a bit odd. That being said, a “down year” would still be a dream year for others and they very well may have held back at Mesquite.  

29 minutes ago, SaltySynth said:

Does anyone think Berkner even has a shot? I haven't seen their show this year but they made state last year but then again BOA is such a competitive place.

Nothings impossible, but this contest is just so deep with consistent state finalist/medalist and boa regional/SR finalist, it will be very hard 

On 9/30/2024 at 5:30 PM, WakelandSuperFan said:

As much as I enjoyed wakeland’s show, I don’t feel like it has that exact wow factor that I have seen in years past from them. Aledo is doing something so different from their past years and every thing is there for them to be incredibly successful this season. That being said,even if the third place score from HEB was a fluke I find it very hard to see Aledo OR Wakeland scoring any better than 5th or 6th at this contest.

28 minutes ago, emgrace_09 said:

I didn’t see wakeland’s show this past weekend, but aledo did place higher than them at the HEB comp so I would probably switch them

it's definitely possible, but HEB is scored differently and with how close they were in finals at how much Wakeland normally improves between HEB, I personally don't think it's super likely that Aledo is in front of Wakeland here, not impossible though 

time for my super awesome boa bedford predictions - i will be at this comp only for exhibition purposes and all things related to that (my feelings for that are a different story cause i am terrified). unfortunately, i probably will not have time to watch performances. however, my predictions are based off what i watched through any means. always remember these can be swapped, but i am pretty somewhat adamant on this.

1. Hebron

2. Flower Mound

3. Coppell

4. LD Bell 

5. Wakeland / Aledo

6. Aledo / Wakeland

7. Timber Creek 

8. Waxahachie (boa loves em)

9. Southlake Carroll (this doesn’t feel right)

10. Keller

11. Forney

12. KC / Lone Star (this definitely does NOT feel right)

This contest is genuinely so hard to predict in my opinion cause everyone deserves finals but hopefully I get somewhat close 😭.

10 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

it's definitely possible, but HEB is scored differently and with how close they were in finals at how much Wakeland normally improves between HEB, I personally don't think it's super likely that Aledo is in front of Wakeland here, not impossible though 

What do you mean scored differently? HEB uses BOA sheets I’m pretty sure. 

12 minutes ago, SaltySynth said:

Has anyone seen Waxahachie's show this year? Wondering its any good and BOA worthy.

I was actually quite impressed with the couple early season videos I've seen. I think they're sort of sticking with a very digestible theme done all out with stage elements. That being said, I think their performance captions are higher this year at this time than last year. 

I think their show is called "The Factory" or something along those lines?
I'm not a show designer (yet 🤞) but I would've taken this show in a direction that talks about The Jungle by Upton Sinclair (a pivotal book in the beginning of the 20th c. that discusses meat factory conditions).

Perhaps a little too close to home with the Boar's Head issues recently 😕 

In any case, I think they're doing a fantastic job and should do really well here!

2 hours ago, somekidsblujay said:

what are yall's thoughts on SLC going into this competition?

I think with a super strong performance and a show with good GE, they will make finals. I haven't seen them yet, but they do have the benefit of performing when it's not super-hot, though they have to really stand out due to the fact they're going pretty early, but if they don't make fin

2 hours ago, TubaBoi123 said:

Does anyone have a video of coppell? very intrigued to see it

No video yet but saw them on the livestream of HEB and they sound and look amazing! Having another banger season and could definitely take the bronze here 

After seeing a video of Argyle, I really do think they have a shot at finals! It won't be easy, and they'll have a second performance as class champs which will happen, with them probably sweeping. But this is probably the best they've ever looked and sounded, definitely the biggest they've ever been, and if it was a year Tarpon wasn't going, they'd easily win AA at Nats this season. I think we could very well see them at state, will be really close between them, Lebanon and North, but I'd say they have a super strong shot. Could be a very special weekend for them this Saturday! 

26 minutes ago, bandnerd1231231234123 said:

Any thoughts about Rockhill on sat, 

I got the chance to see them saturday and their finals run was pretty solid compared to other bands, They placed 2nd. 

Another band that has a really strong shot at finals with a really strong performance, really like what they’re doing this year, will definitely be in the mix for last two in/barley out of finals