2024 BOA Bedford (Oct. 5)

Waxahachie: Wow! Very unique show idea, and it was executed very well. The brass quintet was beautiful! Such great sound even facing backfield! Great control of dynamics and awesome sustain! It even got a bit jazzy! Good job Waxahachie!

11 minutes ago, HeartOfTexas said:

OK. Someone has to say this... how did they end up in the bottom 6 for the finals? They have been great all day today!

The bottom 6 as a whole looks wrong. Some really good bands got a bad score. Inexplicable.

I don’t think it’s much of bands getting wrongs scores to be honest. Every band did amazing today and gave it their all, just comparably some didn’t look quite up to others which is expected.

However that doesn’t mean a band or two can jump up and take spots in top 6!! It’s what finals is for!

2 minutes ago, JWork said:

I don’t think it’s much of bands getting wrongs scores to be honest. Every band did amazing today and gave it their all, just comparably some didn’t look quite up to others which is expected.

However that doesn’t mean a band or two can jump up and take spots in top 6!! It’s what finals is for!

Finals is by random draw so it’s not actually in top 6 bottom 6 like UIL state would be

Coppell: First thoughts, guard members upside down! Amazing brass sound! The very first hit made my jaw drop! Excellent woodwind and brass technique. The brass playing backfield was beautiful! It sounded a little muddied by the lower brass in my opinion. The brass switching to trombones is super impressive AND they flipped them! What a show!

2 minutes ago, BBone27 said:

Coppell: First thoughts, guard members upside down! Amazing brass sound! The very first hit made my jaw drop! Excellent woodwind and brass technique. The brass playing backfield was beautiful! It sounded a little muddied by the lower brass in my opinion. The brass switching to trombones is super impressive AND they flipped them! What a show!

Opening blast blew my hair off

Argyle - they defeated me and my band my senior year.  The opening hit proved why.  Good ensemble sound.  Great brass feature.  Excellent saxophone tradeoff.  Great bone solo in the ballad.  Impressive tuning between flute and piccolo.  Great closer and a great performance!

Wakeland, i apologize for every doubting or thinking you guys were on a different level this season, yall are still the Wakeland we all know and love 😂

Anyways, everyone was amazing! Scores are gonna be super tight, especially in the top half. So many performances showing they wanted to place well, bands giving their all, it was just a magical night. Thank you to everyone for all those amazing performances, had such a blast here, can’t believe it’s already over 😭Anyways, here’s my predictions (going to get them all wrong 😂): 

Flower Mound- visual/GE 

Hebron-music 

Wakeland 

Coppell 

Timber Creek

Waxahachie 

Keller 

LD Bell

Lone Star 

Southlake Carrol 

Aledo

Rock Hill 

1. Hebron- 87.60
  2. Flower Mound- 87.30
  3. Coppell- 84.25
  4. Wakeland- 84.10
  5. Timber Creek- 82.20
  6. Waxahachie- 82.125
  7. Lone Star- 80.25
  8. Keller- 78.50
  9. LD Bell- 77.80
  10. Aledo- 77.50
  11. Southlake Carroll- 76.75
  12. Rock Hill- 76.00

Outstanding Music Performance: Hebron

Outstanding Visual Performance: Hebron

Outstanding General Effect: (Tie) Hebron and Flower Mound

7 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Amazing job @clarinetistkai05 and the UNT band!!! Fantastic performance! Now we wait 

AHHH THANK YOU! i appreciate the compliment! we added choreo stuff yesterday night so today was the first performance we had the new stuff in! im definitely happy with the run i had personally, and im excited for these next four years at unt :))