3. Vista Ridge

4. Rouse

5. Round rock

6. Westwood

7. Cedar Ridge

8. Lake Travis

9. Leander

10. Westlake

Let me know if you have anybody that I missed or your predictions. The shows I have seen so far are Leander, Westwood, Vandergrift, Cedar Park, and Westlake so the rest are based on not really educated guesses, if any of you guys have seen the other shows put a link or describe it or smth. Also, has anybody seen Ctj this year, it should be interesting to see them perform, also I'm really looking forward to the UIL Area D 6A contest, I will make a thread for it once the region contests finish but that is a very fluctuating contest in terms of state qualifiers, for example, cedar ridge in 22 got 3rd at state finals then couldn't even get past area the next year.

9 hours ago, LeanderMomma said:

It’s not. They are just working on the details right now. 🥰  Also remember this is the most show Leander has ever put on the field for the first contest of the season, so it’s going to look a little rougher than we are used to seeing right now. But things are actually going really well there, and they will get it sewn together nicely in another week of rehearsals!

Yes, they have a good reason why things are rough right now. That won’t matter to the judges who will judge the show for what it is. Which is dirty right now.

I do see them making nats finals and picking up momentum later this year.

Final Predictions: 

1. Vandegrift 

2. Rouse 

3. Cedar Park 

4. Vista Ridge

5. Leander 

6. Round Rock

7. Westlake

8. Cedar Ridge  

9. Lake Travis 

10. Westwood 

11. McCallum 

12. Hutto 

---

13. Liberty Hill

14. Klien Cain 

I haven't seen enough of these bands to try to predict captions or accurate placements. I truly believe someone other than Vandy could win here. Last two spots are all about quality of performance. Hutto had a really strong showing here last year so that's why I'm basis to have them in, but that's assuming they build of their success from last season, but they have a really rough time. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Cedar Ridge surprise some people. It's hard to accurately place them bc of their wacky season, but they could be as high as 5th imo. I'll be watching from home for this one, can't wait for the weekend! 

On 9/16/2024 at 6:15 PM, BandFan95 said:

How is Westwood this year? Now that I don't live close by I know nothing :(

Westwood is doing good, I think they might just play part 1 and 2 but their part 3 is super cool, I think once part 3 is added they will score better at like tmc. It’s always hard to tell how they will do from a competitive standpoint but definitely excited for the first decent sized competition in tx.They really remind me of cedar park pre Covid but that might just be me

On 9/16/2024 at 3:01 PM, Tubalord11 said:

Final Predictions: 

1. Vandegrift 

2. Rouse 

3. Cedar Park 

4. Vista Ridge

5. Leander 

6. Round Rock

7. Westlake

8. Cedar Ridge  

9. Lake Travis 

10. Westwood 

11. McCallum 

12. Hutto 

---

13. Liberty Hill

14. Klien Cain 

I haven't seen enough of these bands to try to predict captions or accurate placements. I truly believe someone other than Vandy could win here. Last two spots are all about quality of performance. Hutto had a really strong showing here last year so that's why I'm basis to have them in, but that's assuming they build of their success from last season, but they have a really rough time. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Cedar Ridge surprise some people. It's hard to accurately place them bc of their wacky season, but they could be as high as 5th imo. I'll be watching from home for this one, can't wait for the weekend! 

Interesting to see Leander that high, usually a band that goes low at Austin, high at San Antonio

1 hour ago, Band1234556 said:

Interesting to see Leander that high, usually a band that goes low at Austin, high at San Antonio

They’ve only been “low” post Covid. Second in 18 and 19, and this is definitely there best show since 21 imo, and think they will place very well. I’d also say the quality of bands at this comp has improved since Covid as well. 

2 hours ago, Band1234556 said:

The Leander show is fun to watch and is pretty effective, however, they are very dirty right now.

I would bet my salary they’ll be 6-8.

On 9/16/2024 at 3:01 PM, Tubalord11 said:

Final Predictions: 

1. Vandegrift 

2. Rouse 

3. Cedar Park 

4. Vista Ridge

5. Leander 

6. Round Rock

7. Westlake

8. Cedar Ridge  

9. Lake Travis 

10. Westwood 

11. McCallum 

12. Hutto 

---

13. Liberty Hill

14. Klien Cain 

1. Vandegrift (GE)

2. Cedar Park (V)

3. Rouse (M)

4. Round Rock

5. Vista Ridge

6. Cedar Ridge

7. Leander

8. Westlake  

9. Lake Travis 

10. Westwood 

11. McCallum 

12. Hutto 

2 hours ago, LeanderMomma said:

Oh I know. Can you imagine any band in the rest of the country having to compete every year at BOA Austin?  I mean this comp is 🔥 in every way!   It won’t just be the temps that are hot on Saturday!  😅😍🎶

I equate the Leander / Austin BOA to the Lewisville UIL Area comp.  The 5th/6th/7th maybe 8th place bands in those comps could probably get 2nd (and very likely top 5) in almost any other Area comp.  Crazy talented bands in those districts!