2024 BOA Round Rock (Sept. 21)

13 minutes ago, GuardMom27 said:

Hi! New to the Forum! I'm a mom of a Liberty Hill guard member. I feel super proud of where we are this year and we're so excited to be participating in BOA for the first time to kick off this season. Don't count us out -- we made state for the first time in 40 years last year after a late band director hire and a late start in the season. We're excited to share our new show with everyone! We can't wait to cheer on our neighboring bands also competing. We'll ALSO be in San Marcos next week! Good luck everyone!!

Good luck to y’all this weekend and next! Super excited to see what your daughter and the band have been working on!!! 

1 hour ago, GuardMom27 said:

Hi! New to the Forum! I'm a mom of a Liberty Hill guard member. I feel super proud of where we are this year and we're so excited to be participating in BOA for the first time to kick off this season. Don't count us out -- we made state for the first time in 40 years last year after a late band director hire and a late start in the season. We're excited to share our new show with everyone! We can't wait to cheer on our neighboring bands also competing. We'll ALSO be in San Marcos next week! Good luck everyone!!

I can’t wait to see what Liberty Hill is doing!  😍😍

4 hours ago, GuardMom27 said:

I really enjoyed your show last year, I got to watch at Area  and was excited when y'all were picked to advance to State. 

Best of luck on Saturday, I'll be pit-packing for Cedar Park but I should be able to get back into the stadium to see Liberty Hill and Vandegrift.  Sadly I'll miss Rouse, VR, CR, and RR.  But I should be able to catch Leander in the 2nd grouping unless they need me back at the school for something. 

34 minutes ago, AdamantiumLife said:

Just want to warn everyone that Box5 has eyes on the larger band forums. They sent copyright strikes out to those uploading and sharing their google drive accounts this past week and even linked some drive accounts to lock/ban from streaming on Box5 completely. Careful out there

I'm not surprised. Copyright isn't something to mess with. I've learned the hard way with it.

44 minutes ago, youraveragebandkid said:

See this is why my teachers teach me in school about how dishonest copyright and plagiarism is 😔

Yeah. But the stuff I dealt with came from events outside of Marching Bands. I learned about band copyright stuff when I was a freshmen in High school in like 2015

9 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Good morning everyone!!! We are here live on Box5 for the BOA Austin regional championship! It's gonna be an amazing day of marching band, good luck again to all competing bands, and were just about to kick things off with Rouse!!! TEXAS MARCHING BAND IS BACK 🥳🥳

Let me know how it goes if your watching! I'll be back in for finals. I'm watching Las Cruces prelims

Rouse HS-Opus 87: 

UNBELIEVEBLE Performance from Rouse to start things off!!! Opening drill is so effective and the Flute/Clarinet duet were shredding their notes!! Their drill overall was just insanely clean for this part of the season, left-to-right coverage was just so on point. Love the musical selections all around, tons of GE throughout with the Organ sounds, though I will admit it does cover about the band a couple times very briefly, but they will have volume "issues" sorted out really soon. The quintet during the second movement was so good, especially those two trumpets. This is by far the biggest they've been, which is no surprise considering how last season went. They are not playing around and could easily medal here. Guard and percussion were also really strong, just as good as an opening to their comp season as it could have been. Amazing job Rouse!!! 

Hutto HS-Glitch: 

Really big opening hit, great ensemble sound control. Guard is exposed and up front all show as the front side is used a lot for features/solos, and they did amazing. Drill was pretty clean, soloists were great, and they definitely seemed to be building off the season they had last year. A couple stickouts musically here and there but they definitely have a strong shot at finals. Plenty of GE from the different audio samples. Really enjoyed that show and would love to see it a second time. Great job Hutto! 

Vista Ridge HS-Our Journey of Hope: 

JESUS Vista Ridge! Was literally listening to a concert band, because they sounded ridiculously good!! Loved the opening with the horn and tubas as the band is split into two sides coming together. Drill is once again so clean, I have a feeling the visual judges will be having a picnic today. Love unexpected almost jump scare into the more dark part 2, and then we come back into the light in the ballad. Soloist were incredible all around, drum feature was great, but I mean they sounded just so clean. Could easily see them taking music tonight. Guard provided so much GE and storytelling, really can't wait to see that show again, wonderful job Rangers! 

Cedar Park HS-The Cutting Edge: 

Hello Cedar Park! Loved the preshow, so effective and adds so much building into the opening hit. Big sound from them as always, though a couple uncharacteristic stickouts in the brass in some of their hits, but otherwise really good sounds overall. Visually very tight, great job on the many cover-downs, loved the big knife set at the end of the second movement. Ballad was gorgeous, not the run Ik that amazing trombone soloist was looking for, mainly right before the big impact, but Ik any issues will be fixed tonight. Guard was great and that percussion brough it. Amazing job CP!! 

Round Rock HS-Ars Nova: 

Right off rip, these new uniforms are SO COOL! Sax soloist in the opener was awesome going into the amazing first hit! Such big ensemble sound, really great transition into the second movement. Woodwinds and brass features throughout part two, and while ones playing, the other is doing some really cool and clean visuals. Really love the step they are moving in visually, just so cool. The ballad was so much fun, loved the woodwinds doing flag work with the guard with the orange and blue, tons of affect while the brass is jamming out. Loved this show a lot, and the future is really bright for this program. Incredible job Dragon Band!! 

On 9/16/2024 at 6:15 PM, BandFan95 said:

How is Westwood this year? Now that I don't live close by I know nothing :(

I saw them rehearse a few days ago. The show is harder than last year. Also don’t want to spoil anything but their ballad is incredible this year 👀

I’m excited for today, who else is out here?!