2024 BOA Round Rock (Sept. 21)

On 8/30/2024 at 6:22 PM, crunchycookie3 said:

I caught a snippet of Westlake last night, and WOW--they are stunning visually already. They seem, to me, a notch above last year. It appears director changes were what this group needed to push to the next level. I have them as a sleeper pick for top half here, especially with this being so early in the season.

👀

55 minutes ago, Band2021 said:

Cedar Ridge struggle last year was all visual. You can look at the scores from BOA San Antonio. It looks like they made the needed adjustments and thank goodness! One of my favorite band's they always have unique shows. 

Cedar ridge literally got 3rd in 4a and 5th overall last year and one off at San Antonio. They just struggled in uil. 

On 8/30/2024 at 6:22 PM, crunchycookie3 said:

I caught a snippet of Westlake last night, and WOW--they are stunning visually already. They seem, to me, a notch above last year. It appears director changes were what this group needed to push to the next level. I have them as a sleeper pick for top half here, especially with this being so early in the season.

Keep in mind show design starts long before these types of changes. And their guard just keeps elevating. But yeah. For me they look a step up from past years. 

23 minutes ago, Rubisco said:

But (!) wouldn't it be even more accurate to say, don't underestimate what a great dance team without any guard can do for your visual program, based on these prelims results? 🙃

staaaahp. lol. u shut yer mouth.

vandy clearly tries to make up for the challenge by having pre-2010 levels of marching and playing, which works for them.

21 minutes ago, FaultLineBlues said:

Sometimes I have to wonder what BOA does wrong vs TMC when it comes to making the sound system at Kelly Reeves work lmao

At TMC they play whole videos and all of the announcements are super clear, but at BOA it's always inaudible. 

hot take, but i think that TMC does it sooo much better than BOA. It is run a lot smoother and I think the scoring system is better in my opinion.

Amazing performance from Round Rock!! Once they add more and clean up, I think this show will be so much fun to watch! That sax solo in the opening is so cool, love the brass only ballad with some very effective flag work done in the woodwinds, just a really good, designed show. Congrats on an amazing start to your season Dragon Band! 

Lovely performance from Westwood! Love hearing them play a ton of famous classical pieces, and they do so very well. Lovely body work from the members with that beautiful flute solo leading into the big hit, and that ballad is so nice. Again, the design team did a great job with the transitions into the different songs throughout the show. Can't wait to see the full production, amazing job Warrior band!