2024 BOA Webster (South Houston - Oct. 5)

Angleton H.S., TX
Brazoswood H.S., TX
Bridgeland H.S., TX
Churchill Fulshear H.S., TX
Claudia Taylor Johnson H.S., TX
Clear Brook H.S., TX
Clear Lake H.S., TX
Clear Springs H.S., TX
Clements H.S., TX
Cy-Fair H.S., TX
Cypress Falls H.S., TX
Cypress Park H.S., TX
Cypress Ranch H.S., TX
Dawson H.S., TX
Dickinson H.S., TX
Foster H.S., TX
Friendswood H.S., TX
George Ranch H.S., TX
Grand Oaks H.S., TX
James E. Taylor H.S., TX
Klein Cain H.S., TX
Klein Oak H.S., TX
Langham Creek H.S., TX
Pearland H.S., TX
Ridge Point H.S., TX
Ronald Reagan H.S., TX
Seven Lakes H.S., TX
Shadow Creek H.S., TX
Tomball H.S., TX
West Harrison H.S., MS

Current as of June 11, 2024

Dropping predictions, please don’t slam me for this one😂:

1.  Ronald Reagan 

2.  Cy-Fair  

3.  Pearland 

4.  Bridgeland 

5.  Claudia Taylor Johnson 

6.   Dawson  

7.    Seven Lakes

8.    Friendswood

9.    Foster 

10.  Brazoswood

11. Clear Brook  

12. Grand Oaks

Bubble Bands(not in order), James E. Taylor, Klein Cain, Langham Creek, Cypress Ranch, Dickinson, Churchill Fulshear, Shadow Creek, Clements. 
after that..everyone else who I’ve heard of but tends to place in the lower half.

18 hours ago, Sideswiperr said:

Dropping predictions, please don’t slam me for this one😂:

1.  Ronald Reagan 

2.  Cy-Fair  

3.  Pearland 

4.  Bridgeland 

5.  Claudia Taylor Johnson 

6.   Dawson  

7.    Seven Lakes

8.    Friendswood

9.    Foster 

10.  Brazoswood

11. Clear Brook  

12. Grand Oaks

Bubble Bands(not in order), James E. Taylor, Klein Cain, Langham Creek, Cypress Ranch, Dickinson, Churchill Fulshear, Shadow Creek, Clements. 
after that..everyone else who I’ve heard of but tends to place in the lower half.

No Klein Oak? They came in 3rd at BOA North Houston ahead of some of these schools. This will be their second year under their new director who has a really good track record. They've also change their arranger to Michael Martin. It'll be fun to see some of the changes we'll see from him. I can see Klein Oak taking another step forward this year.

24 minutes ago, homerchap said:

No Klein Oak? They came in 3rd at BOA North Houston ahead of some of these schools. This will be their second year under their new director who has a really good track record. They've also change their arranger to Michael Martin. It'll be fun to see some of the changes we'll see from him. I can see Klein Oak taking another step forward this year.

While that is true, some of those bands flipped flopped so much from NH to WH, it’s very difficult to base the predictions on some of these bands, IE: Oak Ridge going from 10-20th.  

1 hour ago, Sideswiperr said:

While that is true, some of those bands flipped flopped so much from NH to WH, it’s very difficult to base the predictions on some of these bands, IE: Oak Ridge going from 10-20th.  

That's true but you didn't even put them in as a bubble band either unless you meant them instead of Klein Cain. :)

if i do any regionals this'll prob be the only one i attend. no woodlands (maybe a conflict or not wanting to drive an hour and a half across the city), but it's closer to me and more stacked overall than north Houston.

On 6/13/2024 at 7:31 AM, homerchap said:

Putting grand oaks above Klein oak and Klein Cain might be a bit much but overall I agree with this list

Here’s my early thoughts:

1st. Reagan 

2nd. Pearland 

3rd. Bridgeland 

4th. Cy-Fair

5th CTJ 

6th. Cy-Woods

7th. Dawson 

8th. Seven Lakes 

9th. Friendswood 

10th. Dickinson 

11th. Clear Brook 

12th. Klein Oak 

Seeing how Dickinsons been doing these past couple seasons, I don’t see them missing finals unless they have a bad run. There’s definitely some major competition for the last couple spots, and it will be close, but the top few here should be locks with a good amount of groups fighting for the last few spots 

7 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

1st. Reagan 

2nd. Pearland 

3rd. Bridgeland 

4th. Cy-Fair

5th CTJ 

6th. Cy-Woods

7th. Dawson 

8th. Seven Lakes 

9th. Friendswood 

10th. Dickinson 

11th. Clear Brook 

12th. Klein Oak 

Seeing how Dickinsons been doing these past couple seasons, I don’t see them missing finals unless they have a bad run. There’s definitely some major competition for the last couple spots, and it will be close, but the top few here should be locks with a good amount of groups fighting for the last few spots 

Just a quick note, cy-woods dropped this regional.

1 hour ago, Tubalord11 said:

1st. Reagan 

2nd. Pearland 

3rd. Bridgeland 

4th. Cy-Fair

5th CTJ 

6th. Cy-Woods

7th. Dawson 

8th. Seven Lakes 

9th. Friendswood 

10th. Dickinson 

11th. Clear Brook 

12th. Klein Oak 

I actually think bridgeland can win this regional this year they will have an amazing show.

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2024 at 6:55 PM, Clamp said:

Anyone got any predictions?

Bridgeland MAY win this regional, Pearland and Cy-Fair could sneak in too, Reagan is strong but some of these other groups aren’t slackers at all and will do whatever it takes.

On 6/14/2024 at 8:35 PM, CTH said:

I actually think bridgeland can win this regional this year they will have an amazing show.

I worry about the trend of bands rushing to nationals after brief success and then struggling that season.

However I think the foundation is there at Bridgeland to hopefully avoid this. Maybe not challenge Reagan unless they’re going through major changes but maybe definitely challenge Pearland.

4 minutes ago, lost said:

I worry about the trend of bands rushing to nationals after brief success and then struggling that season.

However I think the foundation is there at Bridgeland to hopefully avoid this. Maybe not challenge Reagan unless they’re going through major changes but maybe definitely challenge Pearland.

Agreed, if Cy-Fair can outlast Pearland at BOA, I think Bridgelands got a fair shot, though I will note Cy-Fair’s shows tend to be a bit more BOA oriented whereas Bridgeland is more UIL oriented IMO.

On 8/7/2024 at 5:19 PM, lost said:

Nationals is nothing more than a marketing slogan. It’s not actually a national championship. The vast majority of bands attending are not hard hitters. Nothing wrong with a Texas band, even if it’s a lowly one, attending nationals. 

8 minutes ago, tubapop said:

Nationals is nothing more than a marketing slogan. It’s not actually a national championship. The vast majority of bands attending are not hard hitters. Nothing wrong with a Texas band, even if it’s a lowly one, attending nationals. 

So what would you call a competition at the end of the season comprised of bands across the nation?

10 minutes ago, tubapop said:

I was at the parent preview performance, WOW. Is all I’ve got to say.

31 minutes ago, Hard Core Band Fan said:

So what would you call a competition at the end of the season comprised of bands across the nation?

I don’t know, a national competition? The point is that it’s an intentional misnomer for marketing purposes. Nobody wants to attend a “national competition that isn’t actually a championship,” so they call it a national championship. But that ain’t what it is. National, yes, but not a championship. Anyone who wants to go can go.