2024 BOA Webster (South Houston - Oct. 5)

4 minutes ago, plyrrr said:

Dont sleep on Cy-Park, their opening hit is STRONG, their marching is good, but in the end it will all come down to execution.

Would be great for them to make a splash. If they do, folks will stop sleeping on them.

2 hours ago, 121311313 said:

if you think cy ranch has the potential to maybe make finals do you think schools like langham creek could also possibly do it?

That’s what I’ve been asking and no one seems to know. They’ve got a better time slot and from what I’ve heard ranch isn’t doing a rehearsal before just going straight to the contest 

3 minutes ago, MadHornist said:

Why are so many people ranking Dickinson so low?  Based on prior seasons, I would expect them to rank slightly ahead of Clear Brook.  I’m also curious to see if last week was an anomaly for Dawson.  Again, they typically score much higher. 

As for me, I just haven't seen their show. I think they won the percussion caption at Lone Star last year, but could be mis-remembering. Looking forward to seeing their show tomorrow!

9 minutes ago, MadHornist said:

Why are so many people ranking Dickinson so low?  Based on prior seasons, I would expect them to rank slightly ahead of Clear Brook.  I’m also curious to see if last week was an anomaly for Dawson.  Again, they typically score much higher. 

It’s kind of hard to tell where to put Dickinson here, especially since they haven’t ever I think done boa. Clear Brook tends to do much better at boa then UIL, and their score/placement at Conroe last weekend goes to back that up. I do think Dickinson could surprise us here, but it’s kinda hard to tell rn.

4 hours ago, 121311313 said:

if you think cy ranch has the potential to maybe make finals do you think schools like langham creek could also possibly do it?

Id say they have a lower chance than Ranch but could still do it

7 minutes ago, FwefewF said:

Id say they have a lower chance than Ranch but could still do it

Ive yet to see what Cy-Ranch has put on the field ever since I saw their last show, but I don’t think it’s out of the question, keep in mind Cypress Ranch and Langham Creek would have to beat bands like Dickinson, JET, JET has got a great show, so anything could happen on Saturday.

38 minutes ago, Clamp said:

How did each band perform??

Wasn’t able to see angleton, or Klein Cain, but Cypress Ranch and Cypress Park, were solid, huge improvement for both of those programs from last year, visual looking cleaner than last year by quite a bit, love Cy-Ranch’s ballad, very intense first movement I might add, and Cy-Parks opening hit.

1 hour ago, Sideswiperr said:

Wasn’t able to see angleton, or Klein Cain, but Cypress Ranch and Cypress Park, were solid, huge improvement for both of those programs from last year, visual looking cleaner than last year by quite a bit, love Cy-Ranch’s ballad, very intense first movement I might add, and Cy-Parks opening hit.

I saw Angleton and Klein Cain, both had good performances!! I think both bands had good visual and music, and had solid performances in general

Is it just me or is this stadium’s sound very…echoey??? Because during my performance in our last movement our clarinet soloist’s mic sounded so reverberant and echoey??? Ofc it didn’t keep me out of time- we all kept a very steady tempo, but that was kind of confusing… can anyone provide intel about the sound quality in this stadium?

4 minutes ago, youraveragebandkid said:

Is it just me or is this stadium’s sound very…echoey??? Because during my performance in our last movement our clarinet soloist’s mic sounded so reverberant and echoey??? Ofc it didn’t keep me out of time- we all kept a very steady tempo, but that was kind of confusing… can anyone provide intel about the sound quality in this stadium?

I’m  headed there in about an hour and can report back if someone else doesn’t beat me to it.