2024 BOA Shenandoah (Sept. 28)

Perhaps it's more inspired by the original The Thing from Another World -- more like a typical humanoid alien, without all the extreme gore. 😂 If it is inspired by either film, I suspect we might see some Antarctica in the scenic design. Clear Brook often has quite elaborate sets.

1 hour ago, Rubisco said:

Perhaps it's more inspired by the original The Thing from Another World -- more like a typical humanoid alien, without all the extreme gore. 😂 If it is inspired by either film, I suspect we might see some Antarctica in the scenic design. Clear Brook often has quite elaborate sets.

Like that elevator from last year 😃

“The Thing” is something being created by the mad scientists at “Brook Labs”,  but we have yet to know if it’s good or evil. Given that this is a rated G program, it can’t be too bad?  …or can it? 

You will see some props this week, but their full kinetic power might not be unleashed until later performances. The largest prop is also still under construction.  

It will be fun to compare the early season performances next weekend to what bands are performing in November.  

3 hours ago, Rubisco said:

A better comparison might be Despicable Me 2, but without Disney copyright infringements.

20 hours ago, packwick said:

this clear brook show has some really cool moments in it, also their guard is a cut above most. when i heard The Thing tho i was thinking more like the John Carpenter horror film The Thing, and im not really getting that, so im wondering if it's some other Thing. really, im just waitin' for the spider head to crawl across the field...

arison 

2 hours ago, MadHornist said:

“The Thing” is something being created by the mad scientists at “Brook Labs”,  but we have yet to know if it’s good or evil. Given that this is a rated G program, it can’t be too bad?  …or can it? 

You will see some props this week, but their full kinetic power might not be unleashed until later performances. The largest prop is also still under construction.  

It will be fun to compare the early season performances next weekend to what bands are performing in November.  

Thanks for the clarification!

3 hours ago, MadHornist said:

Nice!  Excited to see them with everything on the field!

On 8/19/2024 at 12:40 AM, J-Mike16 said:

Predictions:

1st - The Woodlands

2nd - Cy-Fair

3rd - Clear Brook

4th - Klein Oak

5th - Wylie East

6th - Friendswood

7th - North Shore Senior

8th - Jordan

9th - Tomball Memorial

10th - Stephen F. Austin

11th - Foster

12th - Dawson

--------

13th - Oak Ridge

14th - Tompkins

15th - Churchill Fulshear

16th - Cinco Ranch

I the Jordan has a really strong show this year. From what I have seen I think they are a top 5 contender.

7 minutes ago, packwick said:

woodlands w/ a major glow up as well. really colorful this yr. too much gain on the mics tonite, unless they're suddenly overblowing way more lol. 1st part clearly getting cleaner. ballad is super duper cool, very Hebron-ish actually, when they do one of their cool ballads. can tell they just learned it tho, prob the dirtiest ensemble flags ive seen from them in years. even so, could be worse LOL. could also use more build-up into the tutti moments in the ballad, seemed kinda sudden.

still waiting for some genuinely cool drill moments. like it's all high quality, just nothing wowing me yet, outside the guard.

I genuinely just want to read an entire list of like, comments about your thoughts on bands 😂, it’s always so interesting lol 

56 minutes ago, packwick said:

woodlands w/ a major glow up as well. really colorful this yr. too much gain on the mics tonite, unless they're suddenly overblowing way more lol. 1st part clearly getting cleaner. ballad is super duper cool, very Hebron-ish actually, when they do one of their cool ballads. can tell they just learned it tho, prob the dirtiest ensemble flags ive seen from them in years. even so, could be worse LOL. could also use more build-up into the tutti moments in the ballad, seemed kinda sudden.

still waiting for some genuinely cool drill moments. like it's all high quality, just nothing wowing me yet, outside the guard.

Their ballad is, without question, the coolest thing I've heard this year so far. I think the build-up is fine, and will sound better when the soloists connect all the notes more. This is a marvelous arrangement of an overplayed piece of music. Lots of surprises here. 

But yes, some dirt in the flags at the end. They almost look a bit like everybody else does there! 😂

Awesome performance from klein oak :) Def lots of cleaning up to do, esp. with the mic blending. A lot of improvement has come a long way for them. Props seem to be missing from this performance? Can't want to see them again once the show is complete; def love the reference to babylon in the opener, and I've heard there will be another rendition in the closer. Def one of, if not, the strongest in this block (north shore and clear brook may cook). Have fun at finals :)