5. Westlake

6. Seven Lakes

7. Hendrickson

8. James Bowie

9. Moe & Gene

10. Sachse

11. Burleson Centennial

12. Cy Park

MG Jonson and James Bowie will be in the top half here. I could see TC top three but not 1st.

7 minutes ago, notageek said:

Sorry I just haven't watched bowie or mg johnson, I just know they're good enough to make finals.

Don’t need to apologize lol! That’s why I don’t make predictions so early, impossible to see everyone so early, but based of history and what I’ve seen and heard, they should both be comfortably in the top half, though I’d love to see some surprises 

7 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Don’t need to apologize lol! That’s why I don’t make predictions so early, impossible to see everyone so early, but based of history and what I’ve seen and heard, they should both be comfortably in the top half, though I’d love to see some surprises 

Yeah, my sons band (Cypress Park), went to a usbands and I expected them to place low in finals and they ended up beating springs and klein. 🙂

28 minutes ago, quenslays said:

any new predictions 

I think the battle for first will be between Cedar Ridge and Dripping Springs followed by Bowie and Westlake, though honestly I could see all 4 winning depending on who’s had the most cleaning. Still not counting out MG Johnson or Timber Creek. I also think based on HEB Aledo is going to do very well here. Still too early for anything accurate but after this weekends comps I’ll probably drop a list, but I’ll do my top and bottom half: 

Top 6: Cedar Ridge, Dripping Springs, Westlake, James Bowie, MG Johnson, Timber Creek  

bottom 5: Seven Lakes, Aledo, Keller Central, Hendrickson, Burleson Centennial 

last spot: Cypress Park/Midlothian/Sachse 

1 hour ago, plyrrr said:

Any new predictions after this weekend?

I think we'll have an even better gage after this weekend once TMC is over, but based on what's happened so far: 

1st. Dripping Springs (music/ge)

2nd. Cedar Ridge (visual) 

3rd. James Bowie 

4th. Westlake/TC

5th. TC/Westlake

6th. Johnson/Hendrickson 

7th. Hendrickson/Johnson 

8th. Aledo 

9th. Seven Lakes

10th. Burleson Centennial 

11th. Keller Central 

12th. Sachse 

A lot of the top few here are competing at TMC, which will be a very good indicator for us going into this comp!  

On 10/7/2024 at 9:42 AM, Tubalord11 said:

I think we'll have an even better gage after this weekend once TMC is over, but based on what's happened so far: 

1st. Dripping Springs (music/ge)

2nd. Cedar Ridge (visual) 

3rd. James Bowie 

4th. Westlake/TC

5th. TC/Westlake

6th. Johnson/Hendrickson 

7th. Hendrickson/Johnson 

8th. Aledo 

9th. Seven Lakes

10th. Burleson Centennial 

11th. Keller Central 

12th. Sachse 

A lot of the top few here are competing at TMC, which will be a very good indicator for us going into this comp!  

Sachse making finals would be huge and great for them. I want to see a push from Moe and Gene

Sooo TMC Happened…I feel like judging was all over the place with this contest. TMC scoring is different then BOA so I think some groups that didn't do so well at TMC well do good at Waco.

I think dripping was kinda low for their performances for TMC so I don’t know why they placed so low. I think they will have a good showing at Waco and they can take that 1st place spot it will be close though between drip and cedar ridge.

Well, everyone, this event is finally upon us!! Why, BECAUSE WACO!!! We've had tons of comps and plenty of crazy results. I feel like there's a good number of groups that honestly could take the win, especially after seeing what's happened so far. This comp is actually pretty competitive, especially for the bottom halfish. Anyways, here are my final predictions after everything that's happen. Ik a lot of the comps these bands went to are judged differently, but that's really all we have to go off of, but I expect these to be completely wrong: 

1st. Cedar Ridge (Music/GE)

2nd. James Bowie (Visual)

3rd. Timber Creek

4th. Dripping Springs 

5th. Westlake 

6th. Hendrickson 

7th. M.G. Johnson 

8th. Aledo

9th. Seven Lakes 

10th. Keller Central 

11th. Sachse 

12th. Burleson Centennial 

First two out: Hutto, Boswell 

Super happy to be doing another exhibition for ya'll!! The directors cooked so hard for this show, gonna be a fun time!! 

I really think that drip could pull of the win here even with the surprisingly low finals placement at tmc. They were close to round rock in prelims and tied with bowie for 7th. If they really lock in they could get that win. 

Predictions

1st-Dripping Springs(Music)

2nd-Cedar Ridge(GE)

3rd-Bowie(Visual)

4th-Timber Creek

5th-Westlake

6th-Hendrickson

7th-Aledo 

8th-Seven Lakes

9th-M&G Johnson 

10th-Keller Central

11th-Burleson Centennial

12-Sache 

My go once again for this comp

Cedar Ridge

Timber Creek

Dripping Springs

Bowie

Westlake

Hendrickson

7 Lakes

MG Johnson

Aledo

Keller Central

Sachse

Burleson Centennial

I like Cedar Ridge to win this competition. I think Timber Creek can potentially edge out Dripping Springs. They had a rest week after getting 5th at BOA DFW. That and I heard they have made a couple of big changes to their show. Dripping Springs will return for blood this weekend after their TMC placement. I can see 6-9 going anyway. That will be super competitive. Also, don't sleep on Keller Central! They have had a rough start to the year but after making BOA North Texas finals they are back!

1 hour ago, Tubalord11 said:

How so, genuinely curious? I feel like the 7-9 range is about right with 7L and Johnson, no? 

I  feel like they’d be more top 6. Id put them more 6-4. I really like their show this year and they’ve done well this year and are a bit out for blood after not making state finals in 2023. Also a program that’s won a lot of honor bands. Doesn’t necessarily translate but still a great program with a great sound. I’d put them over Hendrickson. 

1. Cedar Ridge

2. Bowie

3. Westlake/Timber Creek

I don't think I expect a finals caption sweep unless maybe CR really locks in on Saturday with cleaning from their TMC tapes. Bowie could probably snag one away. 

I could see Dripping Springs fighting for 3rd w/Westlake & Timber Creek but probably settling around 4th or 5th. Imo, I think TMC gave light to a more realistic placement among their neighboring highschools. Darn you BOA for breaking up Austin with the Central TX Regional 💔

Maybe Henny and M&GJ next to each other in the middle of placements. I'm not familiar with everyone else's game so I can't say much to the rest of the placements 😛