2024 BOA Waco (Oct. 19)

34 minutes ago, Miyazuu said:

1. Cedar Ridge

2. Bowie

3. Westlake/Timber Creek

I don't think I expect a finals caption sweep unless maybe CR really locks in on Saturday with cleaning from their TMC tapes. Bowie could probably snag one away. 

I could see Dripping Springs fighting for 3rd w/Westlake & Timber Creek but probably settling around 4th or 5th. Imo, I think TMC gave light to a more realistic placement among their neighboring highschools. Darn you BOA for breaking up Austin with the Central TX Regional 💔

Maybe Henny and M&GJ next to each other in the middle of placements. I'm not familiar with everyone else's game so I can't say much to the rest of the placements 😛

Yes and no because I feel like this years TMC wasn’t a good measure for groups since the difference in prelims and finals is crazy. Me personally, prelims seems like a more logical result vs finals. 

50 minutes ago, quenslays said:

Yes and no because I feel like this years TMC wasn’t a good measure for groups since the difference in prelims and finals is crazy. Me personally, prelims seems like a more logical result vs finals. 

I will admit that Dripping placed lower than everyone (including me) expected, especially after their strong showing at the Central Texas regional. However, invalidating every other bands performance and accomplishments from last night just because DSHS didn’t place where you wanted/thought they would is entirely unfair to the hours of work put in daily by these band members. I’ve seen this same mentality on numerous other platforms and competitions where people invalidate an entire competition by just saying “judging bad” or “how did this band beat that band”. This is just as unfair to Vandegrift or Rouse as it is to DSHS or Hendrickson.

All bands should be incredibly proud of the work they put out yesterday at TMC, the show was phenomenal and a great preview of many attending the upcoming SA Super. Excited to go to the Waco Regional this Saturday and best of luck to all bands, it will be a show to remember.

In the end, it’s just band.

7 minutes ago, omegahorn said:

I will admit that Dripping placed lower than everyone (including me) expected, especially after their strong showing at the Central Texas regional. However, invalidating every other bands performance and accomplishments from last night just because DSHS didn’t place where you wanted/thought they would is entirely unfair to the hours of work put in daily by these band members. I’ve seen this same mentality on numerous other platforms and competitions where people invalidate an entire competition by just saying “judging bad” or “how did this band beat that band”. This is just as unfair to Vandegrift or Rouse as it is to DSHS or Hendrickson.

All bands should be incredibly proud of the work they put out yesterday at TMC, the show was phenomenal and a great preview of many attending the upcoming SA Super. Excited to go to the Waco Regional this Saturday and best of luck to all bands, it will be a show to remember.

In the end, it’s just band.

I’m just saying the way that tmc prelims and finals resulted in for a lot of schools is just kind of confusing with the way that the placements worked out. I’m not invalidating any schools, they all performed great and this contest can be used to gauge where everyone is in their season, I’m just pointing out that for some reason prelims and finals results are very different from each other for the whole contest.

1 minute ago, Miyazuu said:

Thanks goat 😌 we will cheer for tubalord11 during exhibition

super excited to be doing this again and then for state! Hoping we get to host again next year, would be really nice for my final season being in a marching band, which is crazy to think about. We've got a ton of surprises in our show, plus super excited to see some of the bands here, many for the first time!! 

Predictions

1. Dripping Springs H.S., TX
2. Cedar Ridge H.S., TX
3. James Bowie H.S., TX
4. Westlake H.S., TX
5. Aledo H.S., TX
6. Timber Creek H.S., TX
7. Robert E. Hendrickson H.S., TX
8. Moe & Gene Johnson H.S., TX
9. Burleson Centennial H.S., TX
10. Seven Lakes H.S., TX
11. Keller Central H.S., TX
12. Sachse H.S., TX

Music: Dripping Springs H.S., TX
Visual: Cedar Ridge H.S., TX
GE: Dripping Springs H.S., TX

AA: 1st-Grapevine H.S., TX
AAA: 1st-Aledo H.S., TX, 2nd-Robert E.Hendrickson H.S, TX, 3rd-Burleson Centennial H.S., TX
AAAA: 1st-Dripping Springs H.S., TX, 2nd-Cedar Ridge H.S., TX, 3rd-Westlake H.S., TX

I'm predicting this contest putting into account that groups have a week to tweak and strengthen their show for this comp. Hopefully this year, the weather won't act up. I could see Moe and Gene break into that top half but this comp is a bit more stacked then San Marcos. I think Aledo will be able to pull ahead and break into that top half. Dripping will be coming back with a vengeance after their TMC placement. Timber Creek is my wild card here because they could place anywhere in that top half and it would make sense. Imo it's going to come down to who had a better run that day and that will determine who the winner will be. Also don't sleep on Aledo. No matter the outcome its going to be a amazing contest.

10 hours ago, plyrrr said:

yeah but who are the dark horses in ur opinion

I’d say Boswell is up there, they’re having a pretty good season. Midlothian did very good at POC, but that’s the only comp they’ve had so it’s kinda hard to tell. Maybe Hutto? Yes they made Austin finals, but a lot of regular finalist were missing, but they did pretty well at the Vista Ridge comp. I’d say those are probably my first 3 out, but anything can happen with a really good run from any of these groups.

What does anyone think about Richardson High School’s show this year? I saw them at US Bands Dallas this year and when they won US Bands Southwestern Championship last year, I think they have great lower half finalist potential.

My predictions:

1. Dripping Springs H.S., TX
2. Cedar Ridge H.S., TX
3. James Bowie H.S., TX
4. Westlake H.S., TX
5. Aledo H.S., TX
6. Robert E. Hendrickson H.S., TX
7. Moe & Gene Johnson H.S., TX
8. Burleson Centennial H.S., TX
9. Seven Lakes H.S., TX
10. Richardson H.S., TX
11. Keller Central H.S., TX

I don’t have a secure 12th place yet I think it’s a toss up

I'm so excited for this Saturday!! It'll be my first time making it out to BOA Waco 🥹 To join in the fun, here are my predictions...

1. Cedar Ridge

2. James Bowie

3. Timber Creek

4. Westlake

5. Dripping Springs 

6. Hendrickson

7. Moe & Gene Johnson

8. Aledo

9. Keller Central

10. Seven Lakes

11. Burleson Centennial

12. Sachse

Music: Bowie

Visual: Cedar Ridge

GE: Cedar Ridge

1 hour ago, ilovejorts24 said:

What does anyone think about Richardson High School’s show this year? I saw them at US Bands Dallas this year and when they won US Bands Southwestern Championship last year, I think they have great lower half finalist potential.

My predictions:

1. Dripping Springs H.S., TX
2. Cedar Ridge H.S., TX
3. James Bowie H.S., TX
4. Westlake H.S., TX
5. Aledo H.S., TX
6. Robert E. Hendrickson H.S., TX
7. Moe & Gene Johnson H.S., TX
8. Burleson Centennial H.S., TX
9. Seven Lakes H.S., TX
10. Richardson H.S., TX
11. Keller Central H.S., TX

I don’t have a secure 12th place yet I think it’s a toss up

I’d say they’ll probably be in the first 5 out if they don’t make finals. Definitely not as strong as last year, but they’re still a solid program that could possibly take that final spot, won’t be easy though