UIL 6A Area E 2024

On 1/10/2024 at 10:51 PM, RetiredBandGuy05 said:

Schools in this Area: 30

Alvin, Shadow Creek, Manvel, Brazoswood, Channelview, Clear Lake, Clear Brook, Clear Falls, Clear Creek, Clear Falls, Deer Park, Dickinson, SFA, Bush, Clements, Dulles, Elkins, Hightower, Ridge Point, Travis, Goose Creek Mem, Fulshear, George Ranch, Foster, Dobie, Pasadena Memorial, Sam Rayburn, South Houston, Pearland, Dawson 

Hopefully at least 25 bands will qualify for area this year so that 5 make it to state

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t think Freedom Field has a big enough parking lot to host the UIL 6A Area E marching contest.  That being said, it would be a nice change for the CCISD band parents.  They could actually watch the AREA competition instead of needing to volunteer for parking lot duty, etc. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/10/2024 at 10:51 PM, RetiredBandGuy05 said:

Schools in this Area: 30

Alvin, Shadow Creek, Manvel, Brazoswood, Channelview, Clear Lake, Clear Brook, Clear Falls, Clear Creek, Clear Falls, Deer Park, Dickinson, SFA, Bush, Clements, Dulles, Elkins, Hightower, Ridge Point, Travis, Goose Creek Mem, Fulshear, George Ranch, Foster, Dobie, Pasadena Memorial, Sam Rayburn, South Houston, Pearland, Dawson 

Even though it probably won't happen, it's possible we could get six to state if everyone makes it past region. At the very least, it eliminates the possibility of only having four go like last year.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, youraveragebandkid said:

Hey, y’all! Just wondering: how many state spots are in this Area, because I heard word going around in my high school band (that is in this Area) that there are 6 state spots. Is this true, or no?

Hey, so in total, there is 30 bands in this area, so if all bands recieved a 1st divison, then 6 bands would be able to advance. Below is all the bands that are apart of this area (I did see someone posted it back in January)-

6A Area E:

Region 13 (11 Bands):

Clements HS
Dulles HS
Elkins HS
Foster HS
Fulshear HS
George Bush HS
George Ranch HS
Hightower HS
Ridge Point HS
Stephen F. Austin HS
Travis HS

Region 17 (10 Bands):

Alvin HS
Brazoswood HS
Clear Brook HS
Clear Creek HS
Clear Falls HS
Clear Lake HS
Clear Springs HS
Dickinson HS
Manvel HS
Shadow Creek HS

Region 19 (9 Bands):

Channelview HS
Dawson HS
Deer Park HS
Dobie HS
Goose Creek Memorial HS
Pasadena Memorial HS
Pearland HS
Rayburn HS
South Houston HS

1 hour ago, Dave609 said:

Hey, so in total, there is 30 bands in this area, so if all bands recieved a 1st divison, then 6 bands would be able to advance. Below is all the bands that are apart of this area (I did see someone posted it back in January)-

6A Area E:

Region 13 (11 Bands):

Clements HS
Dulles HS
Elkins HS
Foster HS
Fulshear HS
George Bush HS
George Ranch HS
Hightower HS
Ridge Point HS
Stephen F. Austin HS
Travis HS

Region 17 (10 Bands):

Alvin HS
Brazoswood HS
Clear Brook HS
Clear Creek HS
Clear Falls HS
Clear Lake HS
Clear Springs HS
Dickinson HS
Manvel HS
Shadow Creek HS

Region 19 (9 Bands):

Channelview HS
Dawson HS
Deer Park HS
Dobie HS
Goose Creek Memorial HS
Pasadena Memorial HS
Pearland HS
Rayburn HS
South Houston HS

Alrighty! Thank you so so much, this really helps! VERY much looking forward to this comp (and ofc, BOA, but that's for another forum hehe).

23 hours ago, youraveragebandkid said:

Alrighty! Thank you so so much, this really helps! VERY much looking forward to this comp (and ofc, BOA, but that's for another forum hehe).

No problem! Best of luck to ya'll this season!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2024 at 7:53 PM, youraveragebandkid said:

Any really early season predictions? I don’t really wanna make any, but I know for a fact that Pearland will win this one fs! :)

I think we'll probably see the same finalists from last year make finals this year as well. I bet it'll be something like this.

- 1st: Pearland (of course)

- 2nd through 4th: Dickinson, Clearbrook, and Dawson

- 5th: Clements

- 6th: Brazoswood

- 7th through 9th: Clear Lake, SFA, and Clear Falls

- 10th: Pasedena

I put Pearland in 1st because we all know they'll probably win this area, but in the 2nd through 4th spot I put 3 of the best performing schools in this area behind Pearland. The reason I put them there is because as we saw through prelims and finals last year, there was a lot of movement in placements. I believe all three of these schools have what it takes to get that second place, if they have a good run of their show.

I put Clements in the 5th spot because I believe that they have a excellent program that will get them into the top five, but I find it hard to see them breaking top 4 in finals. However, I wouldn't find it completely improbable for them to do that. We saw them placed 4th in prelims last year.

I put Brazoswood in 6th, again because of the same reasoning for Clements. I believe they have a good enough program to stay in the top 6 and maybe break into the top 5 like they did in prelims last year, but then again they are going up against very competitive programs.

For 7th through 9th, I think it would be hard to say who goes where. These spots have always been shifting around these past years, but I believe that these programs will stay in these spots and not let anyone take it from them.

For 10th I put Pasadena Memorial because I believe they are a strong program that separated the finalists from the nonfinalists. Personally I wouldn't find it hard to see them get a higher placement in finals this year.

With all these good programs, there are also some that we should watch out for, like Shadow Creek and Clear Springs. These bands were close to making finals last year. With a jump in the quality of their programs we might see them make finals this year.

And just as a disclaimer, these predictions are very VERY early in the season and mostly based on results from previous competitions. We'll have to see how these bands do in the upcoming weeks to make any more informed predictions. With that said, I wish these programs a wonderful season a chance for the best of the best to make it to the state marching competition👍

Edit: Wow, I just wanna say that I completely forgot about Foster and Fulshear. I believe that they could be at finals this year, but it's hard to say since this in their first year in 6A. I don't want to place them in a spot and then be wrong later on, but I think they could have a good shot at being in the bottom half of finals this year based on what I've seen of their programs and how well they've done at the last 5A area and state contests. Again only time will tell. Even though I have high hopes for them, I just have a feeling that they may not even make finals. Way too often do we see exceptional programs move up a classification and then become average in that higher class of programs.