UIL 6A Area E 2024

30 minutes ago, TheSV-001Gamer said:

Fredom Field has a capacity of 10,280 while Challenger only has 10,000 a small difference but 280 is 280. Also freedom field is the 9th most expensive in Texas, Challenger is 10th. Freedom Field is 2 years newer. I got all this info from the wfaa ABC 8 article on August 17th 2023. A really big difference tho is the track Challenger has and Freedom field doesn't, that's very good for Freedom Field, because that means the sound doesn't have to travel as much, meaning bands will sound way louder. That's something exciting. Also the parents helping with Challenger Area can finally go see their students perform at Area, as somebody in this forum previously said, tho the Alvin parents now have to volunteer for this year's area contest, I think this a positive change.

I think being able to see the bands up close instead of behind a track is definitely a big plus from this stadium

3 hours ago, TheSV-001Gamer said:

Fredom Field has a capacity of 10,280 while Challenger only has 10,000 a small difference but 280 is 280. Also freedom field is the 9th most expensive in Texas, Challenger is 10th. Freedom Field is 2 years newer. I got all this info from the wfaa ABC 8 article on August 17th 2023. A really big difference tho is the track Challenger has and Freedom field doesn't, that's very good for Freedom Field, because that means the sound doesn't have to travel as much, meaning bands will sound way louder. That's something exciting. Also the parents helping with Challenger Area can finally go see their students perform at Area, as somebody in this forum previously said, tho the Alvin parents now have to volunteer for this year's area contest, I think this a positive change.

Also because I’m more used to performing on Freedom Field because my band was in 5A last year, but yeah…that too 😂

On 8/10/2024 at 3:25 PM, JordanCruz12 said:

TripleCrown.png.371e2f6a378d4bc87b5f13b9b9a10df4.png

Music Selections: 
The William Tell Overture by Gioachino Rossini
Old Town Road by Lil Nas X
"Hoedown" from Rodeo by Aaron Copland

where did you find this?

23 minutes ago, ellieelaphant227 said:

would you think fulshear would make it to state as newbies??

Tbh I’m from Foster and all I can say is both of our schools got some really good schools to go against up ahead (for example: Pearland) so I’m not sure but we’ll see how it goes in the end 🤷🏼‍♀️

It will be interesting to see how they fit the busses and trucks for thirty 6A bands simultaneously in the Freedom Field parking lot. While the stadium is rated for nearly 300 more spectators than Challenger, the parking lot appears to be a little smaller. 

1 hour ago, Online Marcher said:

Looks like the prelims and finals contest schedules had been released

Prelims:Screenshot_20240828_165932_Drive.thumb.jpg.45bddaa09726b5dfd9836d596247b4e7.jpg

Finals:Screenshot_20240828_170113_Drive.thumb.jpg.99ac25656aac3956157a6532724f96f2.jpg

Really rough draws for foster and Jordon, especially Foster. I think they have a chance, but they will have to give their best performance of the season in prelims, and then and even better one in finals to make state. Pearland with another early finals draw but I think they will still win. Great stuff for Dawson and SFA who I hope is back at state. Really hope everyone gets a 1 because if so, they will send 6 to state (right?). 

9 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Really rough draws for foster and Jordon, especially Foster. I think they have a chance, but they will have to give their best performance of the season in prelims, and then and even better one in finals to make state. Pearland with another early finals draw but I think they will still win. Great stuff for Dawson and SFA who I hope is back at state. Really hope everyone gets a 1 because if so, they will send 6 to state (right?). 

Oh, so this randomizer is real??? Like, actually actually real????? Holy crud 😶 As a Foster band kid, I’ll say that this is just absolutely…incredible…(that was sarcasm, I can’t italicize my text 🙁) but we’re going to give it our all- we’re already working hard and pushing ourselves over here, so I think we might be okay! Just gotta be optimistic 😄

Yeah this is real. 

2 hours ago, youraveragebandkid said:

Oh, so this randomizer is real??? Like, actually actually real????? Holy crud 😶 As a Foster band kid, I’ll say that this is just absolutely…incredible…(that was sarcasm, I can’t italicize my text 🙁) but we’re going to give it our all- we’re already working hard and pushing ourselves over here, so I think we might be okay! Just gotta be optimistic 😄

Yeah it’s real. They’ll post it in an actual schedule format soon but these are the draw times. But Ik yall are gonna do great regardless of the results!! 

9 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Yeah this is real. 

Yeah it’s real. They’ll post it in an actual schedule format soon but these are the draw times. But Ik yall are gonna do great regardless of the results!! 

Oh jeez. I’m not gonna let that get to me until mid-October lol 😅 Yeah, we’re gonna do really well- I am really optimistic about this show! Little hint: this is the best drill we’ve had probably ever. Verrryyy excited! And also we’re very loud this year, especially the brass, (like loud enough to make me almost pee my pants 😭) js saying 👀

1 hour ago, youraveragebandkid said:

Oh jeez. I’m not gonna let that get to me until mid-October lol 😅 Yeah, we’re gonna do really well- I am really optimistic about this show! Little hint: this is the best drill we’ve had probably ever. Verrryyy excited! And also we’re very loud this year, especially the brass, (like loud enough to make me almost pee my pants 😭) js saying 👀

Super excited to see the show even more than I already was! 

On 8/10/2024 at 4:25 PM, JordanCruz12 said:

TripleCrown.png.371e2f6a378d4bc87b5f13b9b9a10df4.png

Music Selections: 
The William Tell Overture by Gioachino Rossini
Old Town Road by Lil Nas X
"Hoedown" from Rodeo by Aaron Copland

This isn’t what their show shirts say.. not even close 👀 

On 8/23/2024 at 8:54 PM, ellieelaphant227 said:

would you think fulshear would make it to state as newbies??

honestly, who knows 🤷‍♂️ as a fulshear guard kid, we are working our butts off, but marching band is marching band and it all depends on momentum and the day. i am really, really excited about it, though!!!

Anyone else have some early halftime shows to share?

15 hours ago, TheSV-001Gamer said:

This is a fun show I can't wait till it gets even more clean for them I mean wow the drill and the sheer sound they are really fighting to make it again to area finals 

This is definitely an area finalist show!

16 hours ago, TheSV-001Gamer said:

This is a fun show I can't wait till it gets even more clean for them I mean wow the drill and the sheer sound they are really fighting to make it again to area finals 

The drill at the beginning looks AMAZING! ❤️

On 8/12/2024 at 11:17 PM, RobertoFrausto3 said:

What is better about Freedom Field vs Challenger Stadium? 

Challenger Stadium is a giant bowl of wind that swallows up everyone’s sound and the field is a million miles from the press box