On 8/23/2024 at 4:18 PM, youraveragebandkid said:

Why Cy-Fair over Bridgeland? I’m not hating on Cy-Fair, I actually liked their show more than Bridgeland’s last year; I’m just curious.

I would def put bridgeland over cy fair for UIL. Cy fair always has more of a BOA show so they don't normally do well. Bridgelands show this year is gonna be fire

3 hours ago, 0415dci said:

I would def put bridgeland over cy fair for UIL. Cy fair always has more of a BOA show so they don't normally do well. Bridgelands show this year is gonna be fire

Tell me you're a homer without telling me you're a homer. 

For the record, Cy-Fair won the Area (yes, in UIL) in 2022, and finished 1 point behind them in Area in 2023 along with making state finals with them and finishing 1 pt behind them again in Finals.  That is far from a "don't normally do well in UIL" performance result.  I don't know who will win, but at least speak in facts.

17 minutes ago, TruthMatters said:

Tell me you're a homer without telling me you're a homer. 

For the record, Cy-Fair won the Area (yes, in UIL) in 2022, and finished 1 point behind them in Area in 2023 along with making state finals with them and finishing 1 pt behind them again in Finals.  That is far from a "don't normally do well in UIL" performance result.  I don't know who will win, but at least speak in facts.

I think he just simply meant they aren’t as UIL oriented as they are BOA.

32 minutes ago, Sideswiperr said:

I think he just simply meant they aren’t as UIL oriented as they are BOA.

Again, results >>>> than what people think or say. 

Does Cy-Fair go for more GE centric shows, probably.  But Bridgeland's show last year was far from a UIL centric design and both had extremely amazing results and were very close in all competitions (BOA and UIL).  Again, I don't know who will come out on top.  I hope all bands in the area keep improving and Area I start making yearly dents in BOA and UIL finals.   

20 hours ago, TruthMatters said:

Again, results >>>> than what people think or say. 

Does Cy-Fair go for more GE centric shows, probably.  But Bridgeland's show last year was far from a UIL centric design and both had extremely amazing results and were very close in all competitions (BOA and UIL).  Again, I don't know who will come out on top.  I hope all bands in the area keep improving and Area I start making yearly dents in BOA and UIL finals.   

True 

2 hours ago, ruben_f said:

oo new wave of finalist? 

It’s DEFINITELY not impossible, Paetow, Cy-Springs, are both banging on the door to be let in, I also would like to see videos of Waller, Langham Creek, and Jersey Village, they are making this incredibly hard to predict anything. This is a good year for some old faces to return plus some new ones to make it in. This new wave could be very nice. 

1 hour ago, Sideswiperr said:

It’s DEFINITELY not impossible, Paetow, Cy-Springs, are both banging on the door to be let in, I also would like to see videos of Waller, Langham Creek, and Jersey Village, they are making this incredibly hard to predict anything. This is a good year for some old faces to return plus some new ones to make it in. This new wave could be very nice. 

hopefully by end of September we can figure the progress with some bands that we can make some accurate  predictions without second guessing ourselves. A lot can change from now until October 1st, but I agree that we have some of the same finalists since 2018

5 hours ago, Sideswiperr said:

just saying to keep an eye out for JET.. you may or may not be surprised 🙏

4 hours ago, ruben_f said:

skip to  0:37 for the show 

Always a sucker for a nice double reed solo in a marching show! 

Side note - watching the video I'm seeing front sideline mics behind the oboe soloist, are they adding those the first time this year, or have I always missed them? I didn't think CyFair was one of the schools who needed the micing at the front of the field to project their ensemble sound 

22 hours ago, ruben_f said:

Excellent visually by Paetow!!!

Well that escalated quickly! Its very bare bones early season but looks like theyre off to a good start! 

No offense to the Paetow groups in the past, but this already looks and sounds better in August than they did during contest performances last year I've found online......is it just me? 

3 minutes ago, 11BandMan11 said:

No offense to the Paetow groups in the past, but this already looks and sounds better in August t

Agree, this looks way more improve then their previous shows. If they are having props, I think it will "pop" the show a bit more! 

39 minutes ago, 11BandMan11 said:

Well that escalated quickly! Its very bare bones early season but looks like theyre off to a good start! 

No offense to the Paetow groups in the past, but this already looks and sounds better in August than they did during contest performances last year I've found online......is it just me? 

Also, they seem to have lost quite a few members since 2022. it looks smaller this year

I get that the new high school took some students away from Paetow 

3 hours ago, notageek said:

I saw Cypress Park, they have GREATLY improved from last year, cool show theme, I think they might be able to join the competition for finals this year.

If their could be 12 spots for finals..

Out of all of the bubble bands I’ve got two in mind that I think have the highest chances of making finals, then a band after that that has a “toe” in its name.

3 hours ago, Sideswiperr said:

f their could be 12 spots for finals..

unlikely this year :( 

I say another 8 more years until we see 6 spots to state and 12 finalists. Unless UIL makes a 7A that could remove bands from this area. The bubble for finals is more getting competitive

Most likely making finals:

Bridgeland, Cy-Fair, Cy Woods, Jordan, Tompkins, JET, 7L

bubble: 

Cy Park, Cy Ranch, Cy Springs, Paetow, Jersey Village, Katy, Cinco Ranch, Langham Creek

and ofc this list could expand! :) 

4 hours ago, Sideswiperr said:

If their could be 12 spots for finals..

Out of all of the bubble bands I’ve got two in mind that I think have the highest chances of making finals, then a band after that that has a “toe” in its name.

I’d say the same for myself. Some of the bubble bands just have maintained a level of competitiveness that I think they will build on this year. Unfortunately that means bands like cy parks/springs are gonna have a hard time placing higher.

1 hour ago, ruben_f said:

unlikely this year :( 

I say another 8 more years until we see 6 spots to state and 12 finalists. Unless UIL makes a 7A that could remove bands from this area. The bubble for finals is more getting competitive

Most likely making finals:

Bridgeland, Cy-Fair, Cy Woods, Jordan, Tompkins, JET, 7L

bubble: 

Cy Park, Cy Ranch, Cy Springs, Paetow, Jersey Village, Katy, Cinco Ranch, Langham Creek

and ofc this list could expand! :) 

If I was to rank said bubble bands on how likely they are to make finals this year, In order, id say, Katy, Cy-Ranch, Langham Creek, Cinco Ranch(I really need to see this show to be sold), Paetow, Cy-Springs, Cy-Park, JV,. I’ve yet to see langhams show but I can’t wait!