I have seen all of the bands in this area for this year and every band is pretty much a ton better than last year.  

Cinco Ranch is a DARK horse for state.  They have an incredible show.

Jordan is great-reminds me of CTJ.  They do a LOT and never stop moving.

Bridgeland will likely win the area, but Cy-Fair and Woods will be a threat.  Seven Lakes will be up there as well. 

I got a chance to see Mayde Creek a few days ago.  They are probably the most improved band in the area.  Honestly, I was SHOCKED.  The first hit of the show is extremely powerful.  They very well could be on the bubble, but not likely to see them in finals. They only had two movements on. Paetow has an incredibly strong guard.  Taylor is about the same-so they are great.

I suspect we will see the same finalists as last year with perhaps a few surprises, but it isn't likely just yet.  

Also-hear me out...Cypress Hill High School.  

47 minutes ago, ChristopherRoden said:

Really excited to see Bridgeland, JET and 7L tomorrow. When is Cy Woods’ first show? TMC? 
it seems like about 6-8 bands have all the parts for a state-bound show. For only 4-5 spots? This will be exciting! 

Very exciting. The only one I haven't seen is 7L, so really curious to see what they've been up to. I loved their paper cranes show and thought it was underrated.

I've heard that most of the big bands attending tomorrow will not have their complete shows on the field, so I'm taking it all with a grain of salt. I think the general aim is to have full shows on the field next week. I know Bridgeland will premiere the full show at Lone Star Preview next Saturday.

7 hours ago, ChristopherRoden said:

Really excited to see Bridgeland, JET and 7L tomorrow. When is Cy Woods’ first show? TMC? 
it seems like about 6-8 bands have all the parts for a state-bound show. For only 4-5 spots? This will be exciting! 

Yes, Cy Woods’ first show is TMC. Really excited to see how they’ll do there. Their show looks so cool

1 hour ago, Sideswiperr said:

Okay, so how do we all feel after BOA Webster.

I was not surprised to see Cy Fair rank lower than they hoped, because I don't think their show really showcases their abilities. They are without doubt a better band than their show and their ranking on Saturday would suggest. Last year's show was so incredible and this year feels like a step backward. Before anyone gets upset at me criticizing them, understand that I'm not criticizing them, but rather their show selection. They are better than 6th place. We haven't seen the entire show I think, so we'll get a better sense as the weeks pass and we see the shows develop.

Bridgeland was more improved from a week ago than I expected. I certainly didn't think that in prelims we would beat the eventual champion Pearland, who would also beat Reagan. But the music is still rough. And I don't mean performing the music cleanly; I mean tone and power. The difference between Reagan sound and Bridgeland sound is significant, both in terms of volume and brass tonal quality. On the flip side, the remainder of our 4th movement is the most dazzling drill-wise, so maybe we'll score some more points there. Anyway, for better or for worse, those are my candid thoughts right now.

I was very impressed with 7L and my son (who comes to BL contests to support his sister) got into an argument with me about how 7L was going to beat Bridgeland. I don't think their show is super challenging but they were clean and had a much better run in finals than prelims (haven't checked to see if the score support my view). I think they'll make state.

Cinco is a dark horse that is becoming less dark as the season unfolds. Let's watch that carefully.

My top-5 predictions for area right now:

1. Bridgeland

2. Cy Fair

3. 7L

4. Cinco

5. Northbrook

And the rest, I don't follow closely enough to say. I do fear for JET's season.

I take all of our rankings with a huge grain of salt. It's a bit like college football AP rankings. In various contests (prelims/finals), Bridgeland beat Pearland, who beat Reagan, who beat Pearland and Bridgeland, all of whom handily beat Cy Fair, who was only a point behind the Woodlands. What does it all mean? Who knows? Lol. Maybe just that Houston is slowly reappearing on the scene as a power after many years of relative quiet (Houston has dropped off since the super dominant Westfield, Spring, Klein, Langham Creek days of the 90s/early 00s). And on that note, don't forget Klein Oak - what a surprise. I love the resurgence we're seeing in H-town.

1 hour ago, Sideswiperr said:

Okay, so how do we all feel after BOA Webster.

good! 
I think cy park may replace a finalist 👁️ they have a solid show and their big hit was fantastic 

cy Ranch show was okay but for some reason box5tv decide to mute their show during the performance. 😖

Langham Creek show was okay too

these 3 would most likely be our finalist bubble for 9-10 and I’m not sure about Katy if they are making finals. 

16 minutes ago, ruben_f said:

good! 
I think cy park may replace a finalist 👁️ they have a solid show and their big hit was fantastic 

cy Ranch show was okay but for some reason box5tv decide to mute their show during the performance. 😖

Langham Creek show was okay too

these 3 would most likely be our finalist bubble for 9-10 and I’m not sure about Katy if they are making it

I heard they got copywrited.

1 hour ago, cyparkbandparent said:

Suprised Langham was beat out by Ranch & Park

I don’t know if I’d say I was surprised, I was just disappointed in the placement of Langham.

47 minutes ago, tubapop said:

I was not surprised to see Cy Fair rank lower than they hoped, because I don't think their show really showcases their abilities. They are without doubt a better band than their show and their ranking on Saturday would suggest. Last year's show was so incredible and this year feels like a step backward. Before anyone gets upset at me criticizing them, understand that I'm not criticizing them, but rather their show selection. They are better than 6th place. We haven't seen the entire show I think, so we'll get a better sense as the weeks pass and we see the shows develop.

Bridgeland was more improved from a week ago than I expected. I certainly didn't think that in prelims we would beat the eventual champion Pearland, who would also beat Reagan. But the music is still rough. And I don't mean performing the music cleanly; I mean tone and power. The difference between Reagan sound and Bridgeland sound is significant, both in terms of volume and brass tonal quality. On the flip side, the remainder of our 4th movement is the most dazzling drill-wise, so maybe we'll score some more points there. Anyway, for better or for worse, those are my candid thoughts right now.

I was very impressed with 7L and my son (who comes to BL contests to support his sister) got into an argument with me about how 7L was going to beat Bridgeland. I don't think their show is super challenging but they were clean and had a much better run in finals than prelims (haven't checked to see if the score support my view). I think they'll make state.

Cinco is a dark horse that is becoming less dark as the season unfolds. Let's watch that carefully.

1. Bridgeland

2. Cy Fair

3. 7L

4. Cinco

5. Northbrook

I take all of our rankings with a huge grain of salt. It's a bit like college football AP rankings. In various contests (prelims/finals), Bridgeland beat Pearland, who beat Reagan, who beat Pearland and Bridgeland, all of whom handily beat Cy Fair, who was only a point behind the Woodlands. What does it all mean? Who knows? Lol. Maybe just that Houston is slowly reappearing on the scene as a power after many years of relative quiet (Houston has dropped off since the super dominant Westfield, Spring, Klein, Langham Creek days of the 90s/early 00s). And on that note, don't forget Klein Oak - what a surprise. I love the resurgence we're seeing in H-town.

I agree with everything about Cy-Fair, this show really doesn’t have the effect/impact like last years, it felt underwhelming for it to be Cy-Fair out of all bands, so I’m not really surprised by their placement all that much. 
im just a bit scared for Cy fair when it comes to state finals? Or BOA SA finals. Let Bridgeland continue cleaning and cleaning, and I’ll no doubt they’ll do it again but instead of SA at GN.

18 minutes ago, tubapop said:

Electronics weren't working during cy ranch performance, might be why there was no sound

I suppose that may be a reason why it was okay. Hope to see Springs Ranch and Bridgeland succeed next week at Lonestar preview, hope all 3 bands show us who they really are.

1 hour ago, tubapop said:

1. Bridgeland

2. Cy Fair

3. 7L

4. Cinco

5. Northbrook

what’s wrong with JET??..

7 minutes ago, skibidiwarrior said:

what’s wrong with JET??..

Nothing wrong with them, just concerned that they have their whole show finished (while many bands didn't) and still missed finals at BOA-Webster by 2 spots (I think) - that's a fine placement, but for a band with state aspirations, I think they will need to improve. They placed lower than I thought they would. So I'm a little concerned about where they'll end up. But - still plenty of time to clean things up. And to my point earlier, judging panels can vary widely, so who knows how things will progress. It's just one data point.

Now, did JET have another competition last week - how did they fare there?

3 minutes ago, tubapop said:

Nothing wrong with them, just concerned that they have their whole show finished (while many bands didn't) and still missed finals at BOA-Webster by 2 spots (I think) - that's a fine placement, but for a band with state aspirations, I think they will need to improve. They placed lower than I thought they would. So I'm a little concerned about where they'll end up. But - still plenty of time to clean things up. And to my point earlier, judging panels can vary widely, so who knows how things will progress. It's just one data point.

Now, did JET have another competition last week - how did they fare there?

that is a valid concern, from what I’m seeing, their GE scores were lacking, especially compared to their visual score

1 hour ago, tubapop said:

1. Bridgeland

2. Cy Fair

3. 7L

4. Cinco

5. Northbrook

Honestly its best to wait for later in the season when we have seen most of the bands at region or contests to make predictions. It doesnt hurt to try now but we still have not seen Tompkins, CyWoods, Cy Ranch or others. :D

2 minutes ago, iquitbandbutIstillLikeDCI said:

Honestly its best to wait for later in the season when we have seen most of the bands at region or contests to make predictions. It doesnt hurt to try now but we still have not seen Tompkins, CyWoods, Cy Ranch or others. :D

Ranch competed yesterday, so we’ve seen them. But yeah generally I agree with you. I get slightly irritated at summer predictions, which are unfair because they’re purely based on rep, but they’re fun and I get it. 

21 hours ago, tubapop said:

1. Bridgeland

2. Cy Fair

3. 7L

4. Cinco

5. Northbrook

Northbrook????  Surely, you are mistaken.  They haven't gotten a first division at region since 2021 and rarely before and since.  North Shore is in a different area. 

1 hour ago, oddlynormal said:

Northbrook????  Surely, you are mistaken.  They haven't gotten a first division at region since 2021 and rarely before and since.  North Shore is in a different area. 

Sorry, complete brain fart, yes, I was thinking of North Shore. Egg on my face