I saw langham's show, and wow.. It's a HUGE step up from last year's show, this is state potential, even though their BOA placement was disappointing, they can still make huge improvements in these few weeks... they have the right show to take them In higher places, all they need to do is execute the show correctly.

6 hours ago, stevenbazinga said:

I saw langham's show, and wow.. It's a HUGE step up from last year's show, this is state potential, even though their BOA placement was disappointing, they can still make huge improvements in these few weeks... they have the right show to take them In higher places, all they need to do is execute the show correctly.

Are you in anyway affiliated with Langham creek😭

4 minutes ago, tubapop said:

Come on guys. I also chuckled a bit at the posts but then it occurred to me that this is probably a Langham Creek band kid who really wants to see his/her band do well. He's aiming for something, he has a goal, he has a dream, he has a competitive spirit, and in this forum of all places we should be encouraging the helI out of that, not mocking him for it.

what he said

On 10/6/2024 at 10:59 PM, Bandenjoyer said:

Can you guys elaborate on how Cinco’s show is different this year?

I haven’t seen it yet and I’m genuinely curious and excited!!

The show is called when life gives you lemons... That prob all you need to hear

This Area and Area E are both absolute powerhouses... Any of the bands that make the finals are easily the top bands across the world. In any other state bands like Peotow or Maydee Creek would be State finalists in pretty much any other state. 

26 minutes ago, bassboneman said:

This Area and Area E are both absolute powerhouses... Any of the bands that make the finals are easily the top bands across the world. In any other state bands like Peotow or Maydee Creek would be State finalists in pretty much any other state. 

This is not true at all💀

2 hours ago, bassboneman said:

Any of the bands that make the finals are easily the top bands across the world. In any other state bands like Peotow or Maydee Creek would be State finalists in pretty much any other state.

what? 

12 minutes ago, tubapop said:

Have you seen bands from states outside of Texas, Indiana, Oklahoma, Florida, Kentucky? 

I have! Which is why I know. There are some outliers of course I have seen a good band from Washington I think it was. It definitely surprised me a bit. To be fair though most of them do the more "hype shows" and not the DCI/competitive style shows that are more prevalent. Then you have a few mid-west bands on top of that. Of whom do the "Ohio state style". So it is just really a different animal on so many different levels. 

Okay, so given the results we’ve got today with NUMEROUS, area I bands competition today. Here are some of my updated predictions:

1. Bridgeland(easy to explain)

2. Cy-Woods(listen, their show is AISHWJDIR NON IRKSBNAEKWO) I love it.

3. Cy-Fair 

4. Jordan 

5. Cinco Ranch 

6. Seven Lakes 

7. Tompkins 

8. JET

9. Cypress Ranch 

10. Katy

2 hours ago, Sideswiperr said:

Okay, so given the results we’ve got today with NUMEROUS, area I bands competition today. Here are some of my updated predictions:

3. Cy-Fair 

4. Jordan 

5. Cinco Ranch 

6. Seven Lakes 

7. Tompkins 

8. JET

9. Cypress Ranch 

10. Katy

Bro has priorities. The competition just finished lol.  But valid ranking. 

3 hours ago, Sideswiperr said:

3. Cy-Fair 

4. Jordan 

5. Cinco Ranch 

6. Seven Lakes 

7. Tompkins 

8. JET

9. Cypress Ranch 

10. Katy

I think 9th and 10th is definitely gonna be a battle between langham creek, Katy, paetow, and cy ranch they're all so close 

10 hours ago, Sideswiperr said:

3. Cy-Fair 

4. Jordan 

5. Cinco Ranch 

6. Seven Lakes 

7. Tompkins 

8. JET

9. Cypress Ranch 

10. Katy

I could totally see it! I agree with you on all of these. Now we all know though, area finals night produces some CRAZY results usually so wouldn’t be surprised to see this get all jumbled up too haha

5 minutes ago, ChristopherRoden said:

I could totally see it! I agree with you on all of these. Now we all know though, area finals night produces some CRAZY results usually so wouldn’t be surprised to see this get all jumbled up too haha

Exactly!!! I’m not saying it’s likely, but there’s always a chance our state locks end up getting “not state”.

12 hours ago, Sideswiperr said:

3. Cy-Fair 

4. Jordan 

5. Cinco Ranch 

6. Seven Lakes 

7. Tompkins 

8. JET

9. Cypress Ranch 

10. Katy

Unfortunately couldn't attend any contest this weekend - but man was it fun to see the results come out from the various contests around the area! 

This prediction is pretty on the money with 1 - 4, 5 - 8 can flip flop a billion different ways depending on the area panel, and the giant mystery right now is the last 2 slots of finals with 9 - 10. Paetow topped Langham Creek and Katy at Katy Marching Contest, and theres Cy Ranch and Cy Park who have been doing freaking AWESOME this year with their shows so far.

Saturday with the Battle at the Berry should be VERY interesting to see how the results shake out and what's going to happen with those last couple Area Finals spots! 

45 minutes ago, 11BandMan11 said:

Unfortunately couldn't attend any contest this weekend - but man was it fun to see the results come out from the various contests around the area! 

This prediction is pretty on the money with 1 - 4, 5 - 8 can flip flop a billion different ways depending on the area panel, and the giant mystery right now is the last 2 slots of finals with 9 - 10. Paetow topped Langham Creek and Katy at Katy Marching Contest, and theres Cy Ranch and Cy Park who have been doing freaking AWESOME this year with their shows so far.

Saturday with the Battle at the Berry should be VERY interesting to see how the results shake out and what's going to happen with those last couple Area Finals spots! 

Super excited to see what’s gonna happen this weekend with everyone having more time to clean! I think 7L is pretty polished already, Cinco, Jordan, Tompkins, Fulshear and JET have a good bit left. Good thing there are 3 weeks till area! 

2 hours ago, 11BandMan11 said:

9-10 is gonna be interesting, I didn’t think Katy would be in the range but the competition in Cypress Ranch, Langham Creek, and Paetow, and Cypress Park a rising.