3.  Woods

4. Seven Lakes

5. Cinco Ranch

6. Jordan

7.  Tompkins

8. JET 

9.  Ranch/Park

10.  Park/Paetow/Katy?

Too early to say but after this weekend i think i can lock my predictions in.

Tbh. Cinco shows is good and a cool concept I just don't see them competing for the 5th slot. 7L and Jordan just have a different level of music.

42 minutes ago, bassboneman said:

Tbh. Cinco shows is good and a cool concept I just don't see them competing for the 5th slot. 7L and Jordan just have a different level of music.

Maybe/Maybe not, Cinco Ranch is getting stronger but they’ve got some visual dirt which I think seems to be their weakness and could potentially cut them down a rank or so. Truly though, it all depends on the panel.

1 hour ago, Sideswiperr said:

Truly though, it all depends on the panel.

Agree!

2 of these judges looked strong

one judge could really "flip or flop" a band in finals 

the others I need to do some more research on them 

(I checked the judges history from their previous contest lol) 

1 hour ago, tubapop said:

How is it bold? Langham was dead last at BOA Webster. 

Langham beat Katy and dang near paetow at Katy marching festival. Also they haven’t been to boa in over 5 years while paetow has had their show on the field for a month. Parks while I say have had major improvement still are not on the level of those guys. And for reference ranch got 22nd only six places ahead of them.

16 minutes ago, Clamp said:

Langham beat Katy and dang near paetow at Katy marching festival. Also they haven’t been to boa in over 5 years while paetow has had their show on the field for a month. Parks while I say have had major improvement still are not on the level of those guys. And for reference ranch got 22nd only six places ahead of them.

Keep in mind UIL is a different animal. Hammer home clean music, clean feet. 

1 hour ago, Clamp said:

That’s what I’m saying there not a boa type school they excel in uil so while that is a very disappointing result it’s not that surprising considering how deep that comp was.

Langham Creek has always done better in UIL historically compared to BOA, in the mid 2000s while them and Cypress Falls were dominating kinda along with Cy-Fair, Cypress Falls would consistently place in finals/fairly high with langham creek doing so but either placing a lot lower, or a just being a few spots out of finals. Then, at UIL Area Langham Creek would win consistently with cy-falls a few spots behind, langham being a UIL state finalist with falls being quite a few out, so it’s just interesting to see how these things are still a bit accurate even today.

All the points yall are making are fair, but I just didn’t think the other poster’s prediction was necessarily “bold.” 

Interesting history, at langham in the mid 90s the head director would get very frustrated with BOA for rewarding the things they did. We were amazing from a UIL perspective, incredibly incredibly clean, but just not the visual and general effect you’d want in a boa show. Eventually he said screw boa and we stopped going for several years. Tried again later and same result, so they stopped going altogether, even as they were ranking as high as 4th (or maybe it was 5th?) at state. 

Just to add my thoughts on the other posters predictions, I thought they were fair. You could also switch up the rankings a bit. Jersey Village might have a say? Now, I don’t think JV is really “at” the level of the finalist bubbles of Ranch, Langham, Parks, Paetow, but they are still a bubble! I think they are taking things easy as of now which is always good thing.

15 hours ago, Sideswiperr said:

Just to add my thoughts on the other posters predictions, I thought they were fair. You could also switch up the rankings a bit. Jersey Village might have a say? Now, I don’t think JV is really “at” the level of the finalist bubbles of Ranch, Langham, Parks, Paetow, but they are still a bubble! I think they are taking things easy as of now which is always good thing.

Honestly anything can happen in the 9-10 spot.

On 10/15/2024 at 8:01 AM, plyrrr said:
  1.  Bridgeland

2. Fair

3.  Woods

4. Seven Lakes

5. Cinco Ranch

6. Jordan

7.  Tompkins

8. JET 

9.  Ranch/Park

10.  Park/Paetow/Katy?

Too early to say but after this weekend i think i can lock my predictions in.

With the latest contest results and videos I've seen online, here's my best prediction at the moment. This prediction is based on UIL sheets and judging.

I know some people will scoff at Cinco in 7th behind JET, but based on the last videos I've watched from Cinco vs. JET - JET has gotten MUCH cleaner and better, Cinco still has timing issues in their show. I don't know if Cinco had a rough run in the KMF prelims and finals videos I saw, but there were so many timing issues it was hard to ignore.   

1. Brideland 
- Crazy good and clean 
2. Cy Woods
- SOUND Wonderful and clean 
3. Cy Fair 
- Sound great, thought provoking show
4. Jordan 
- SOUND great and clean 
5. Seven Lakes 
- Sound great and has effective moments 
6. JET
- Gets better and better each week with clean performances 
7. Cinco
- Visual very effective, musically has cool moments but not very "UIL" clean 
8. Tompkins 
- Personally not a fan of the show, but it's clean 
9. Ranch / Paetow 
- Bubble mystery 
10. Langham / Park / Katy
- Bubble mystery 

Anyone else got thoughts? 

On 10/15/2024 at 12:17 PM, Sideswiperr said:

Maybe/Maybe not, Cinco Ranch is getting stronger but they’ve got some visual dirt which I think seems to be their weakness and could potentially cut them down a rank or so. Truly though, it all depends on the panel.

Completely true. Jordan had that issue in the past, with the panel. As for the dirt they could get clean. 

I think

1. Bridgeland 

-obv

2. Cy-Woods

- Good clean. Lots of visual maturity that judges will like.

3. Jordan 

-Overall, they are better and cleaner than they were in the past and are on the rise.

4. Cy-Fair 

- Great just don't play together as much as the other bands

5.  7L

- Overall very good. Just don't quite have the difficulty of the people ahead of them. 

6. Tomkins

- don't quite have that wall of sound I feel like. Overall very good.

7. Cinco ranch 

- good just has a bit of visual dirt. 

8. JET

- Shows just very clean and kinda easy. I feel like difficulty will play a big role hear.

9. Ranch / Paetow 
- Bubble mystery 
10. Langham / Park / Katy
- Bubble mystery 

*This is not saying any bands are bad. This is just my thoughts and feelings.