UIL 6A Area C 2024

14 minutes ago, DallasFan said:

Waxahachie beat forney

JJ Pearce beat Rockwall

Sachse beat Duncanville

This contest just got really interesting!!

And North Forney might even be in the state convo as well. They placed 2nd at the USBands Dallas Regional last night beating Byron Nelson and Richland. Also, Garland and Rowlett look to be area finalists as they both made finals here and beat bands like Lakeview and Lovejoy. Area C is no longer the "easiest area" anymore.

yess

8 minutes ago, JimboTheSquid said:

After last night, this area is going to be much harder to predict lol

yess pearce over rockwall was a shocker, deserved but unexpected wow! forney missing boa finals by a tenth of a point and berkner and lake highlands at each others throats. who ever said this was the “C shake up” was not kidding😂

22 minutes ago, SaxSoldier said:

yess

yess pearce over rockwall was a shocker, deserved but unexpected wow! forney missing boa finals by a tenth of a point and berkner and lake highlands at each others throats. who ever said this was the “C shake up” was not kidding😂

Great job by Pearce this weekend. But it’s not a sprint to 11/2 but a marathon. This weekends results gives us talking points but let’s see how things evolve over Bandtober!

3 minutes ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

Great job by Pearce this weekend. But it’s not a sprint to 11/2 but a marathon. This weekends results gives us talking points but let’s see how things evolve over Bandtober!

Pearce is a new underdog I wasn’t expecting. How much do you think they’ll really shake up the competition?

3 minutes ago, SaxSoldier said:

totally agree, especially with boa judging. anything’s possible!

True. 😂 What is general effect anyway. 😂 

But honestly, most bands that go to BOA are great so really can’t be surprised with any Finals combination!

6C should be really fun!

5 minutes ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

True. 😂 What is general effect anyway. 😂 

But honestly, most bands that go to BOA are great so really can’t be surprised with any Finals combination!

6C should be really fun!

100% 

Im thinking:

1:waxahachie 

2:forney

3-6(in any order):pearce, duncanville, berkner, and lake highlands.

7:rockwall

8: sachse

9:richardson

10:north garland

6 minutes ago, Harry The Horn said:

Pearce is a new underdog I wasn’t expecting. How much do you think they’ll really shake up the competition?

I’m going to be honest I kind of wrote them off when I was first thinking about Area C, but now I don’t know where they’ll be now. 3rd and 4th place will be tough

1 hour ago, SaxSoldier said:

100% 

Im thinking:

I haven’t seen North Garland’s show, have they improved drastically since last year? Considering they were last at area last year. 

13 hours ago, BandNerd07 said:

And North Forney might even be in the state convo as well. They placed 2nd at the USBands Dallas Regional last night beating Byron Nelson and Richland. Also, Garland and Rowlett look to be area finalists as they both made finals here and beat bands like Lakeview and Lovejoy. Area C is no longer the "easiest area" anymore.

I attended the Dallas Regional on Saturday, and Rowlett really surprised me.

3 minutes ago, John11 said:

I attended the Dallas Regional on Saturday, and Rowlett really surprised me.

I have to agree i mean were talking about the same rowlett that got almost last for area. I just cant wait to see what more they have to offer in the upcoming years or weeks now that they beat some big name bands!!!

9 hours ago, John11 said:

I haven’t seen North Garland’s show, have they improved drastically since last year? Considering they were last at area last year. 

I think we`ve improve a bit since last year. lol

12 hours ago, SaxSoldier said:

100% 

Im thinking:

Why have Sachse so low after beating Duncanville at WMI?

15 hours ago, SaxSoldier said:

100% 

Im thinking:

I agree mostly though Richardson is doing insane this year musically, they beat Burleson Centennial in music at US bands Dallas prelims on saturday by quite a bit, I wouldn't rule them out of top 7 just yet. also I think Pearce and Berkner should be placed above d-ville and Lake highlands for sure, having seen pearce's growth, and berkner just as good as last year. 

1 minute ago, yes8239429847923 said:

I agree mostly though Richardson is doing insane this year musically, they beat Burleson Centennial in music at US bands Dallas prelims on saturday by quite a bit, I wouldn't rule them out of top 7 just yet. also I think Pearce and Berkner should be placed above d-ville and Lake highlands for sure, having seen pearce's growth, and berkner just as good as last year. 

RISD seems to be becoming a massive district for band, although berkner might drop to 5A pretty soon, it just leaves room for someone else to take that state spot

6 hours ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

Many of these bands have not finished their shows. What they look like now isn’t what they will look like in November. 

One band might be adding more their show while another is done and cleaning up their show don’t think it will drastically change much unless a band adds a super hero moment or something like that

2 hours ago, CosmicLimbo said:

I think as of now my only sure fire lock is Waxahachie. If there was some marching band betting system, my money would be safe in their hands 😇

I think you have 6-8 bands that could make an argument with 2 solids runs on 11/2.