UIL 6A Area C 2024

13 minutes ago, bringthetreble said:

What do you guys think of North Forney? They're really improving this year compared to last! Yesterday they got 1st at the Royse city marching classic, and 2nd at US Bands! I think they could be strong contenders in Area C.. as well as Rowlett and ofc Garland + Sachse...

honestly there show is really good since the first time i saw them in area c back in 2022 i thought they had alot of potential and now with the area getting smaller from 32/31 bands yall have a better chance in getting finals since previous years 

i also forgot to say this but now that forney is 6a they will compete and see who is the better forney school. i saw that forney didnt make finals in boa and i was really surprised because there show is really good also north forneys but who will come on top? north forney made 1st in royse city and 5th in us bands really good scores for them but also forney had a harder competition. thoughts?

25 minutes ago, bringthetreble said:

Also, have you guys seen Mequite's show? Even though they placed 29th(?) at Area last year, I think with the proper execution they could definitely move up. Cathedral sounds is an awesome concept and I think they just need a push in the right direction. 

I saw Mesquites show at Don Hanna and I’ve got to say, they really impressed me this year. I’m from Rockwall Heath, and we were all talking about how much they’ve stepped up. I honestly thought they’d place higher than 29th last season, but this year they’ve made some serious improvements. Their brass section is amazing and really loud for a group there size and the woodwinds are really solid in their feature. it just needs that final bit of execution to fully click.I also love how they’ve play the Hebron opener from 2021 and they perform it with a lot of power. Their drumline is super solid, and the bassline is amazing with there splits and visuals and i think a screamer trumpet at the end? there closer has so much energy and excitement. If they keep pushing and refining those details, I can see them making a big jump in placement this year. They’ve got all the pieces in place to do really well

12 minutes ago, hornhero72618 said:

I saw Mesquites show at Don Hanna and I’ve got to say, they really impressed me this year. I’m from Rockwall Heath, and we were all talking about how much they’ve stepped up. I honestly thought they’d place higher than 29th last season, but this year they’ve made some serious improvements. Their brass section is amazing and really loud for a group there size and the woodwinds are really solid in their feature. it just needs that final bit of execution to fully click.I also love how they’ve play the Hebron opener from 2021 and they perform it with a lot of power. Their drumline is super solid, and the bassline is amazing with there splits and visuals and i think a screamer trumpet at the end? there closer has so much energy and excitement. If they keep pushing and refining those details, I can see them making a big jump in placement this year. They’ve got all the pieces in place to do really well

DUDE!!! I have been hearing soooo much about mesquite! Do you have any videos of them? I heard their show rockssss

At this rate, this has become the most predictable area in dfw (maybe even in tx) because with area B we know it's probably gonna end up being coppell, the keller schools, and potentially slc or ld bell while in area J we have the lisd trio and prosper and maybe the wylies or mckinneys. At this rate literally everyone has a chance which isn't gonna be the case for any of the other areas.

55 minutes ago, fluteness72917 said:

i also forgot to say this but now that forney is 6a they will compete and see who is the better forney school. i saw that forney didnt make finals in boa and i was really surprised because there show is really good also north forneys but who will come on top? north forney made 1st in royse city and 5th in us bands really good scores for them but also forney had a harder competition. thoughts?

the north side south side rivalry at forney is absolutely insane enough as is, but ultimately Forney’s results came down to a harder competition. they’re working on cleaning along w learning part 4 for the UIL segment of the season. 

56 minutes ago, fluteness72917 said:

I say north forney they had the most sucess this season and I really enjoy there show reminding me of cedar park 2021 mirror mirror I also there there quintet that they have honestly pretty solid and positive that they are going to make finals

3 hours ago, fluteness72917 said:

With no disrespect to the Royse City Marching contest, comparing results to North Forney winning 1st at RC vs Forney not making finals at BOA (think they were 13)…..well that’s like comparing a Whataburger to a Whopper Junior 😂 

Have not seen either band yet this season but expecting strong showings at area for both. 

5 minutes ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

With no disrespect to the Royse City Marching contest, comparing results to North Forney winning 1st at RC vs Forney not making finals at BOA (think they were 13)…..well that’s like comparing a Whataburger to a Whopper Junior 😂 

Have not seen either band yet this season but expecting strong showings at area for both. 

Not much to really add but saw I was at 399 post on the forums and might as well go to bed on a whole round number of 400

so will create another analogy…saying one band has better outcomes this season than another band may be factually correct….but to borrow a college football analogy, BOA would be and SEC game and some of these other band comps would be a Pulan Weedeater Bowl 😂 

42 minutes ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

^ i found the first comment kind of rude in my opinion (not yours the first person’s). ultimately, the bands are very friendly with each other, and some of the kids at forney come from the middle schools that zone to north. comparing two very different competitions is crazy, especially considering how different the scoring is. i have to clarify: im not downplaying north’s achievements this season because this may be one of their best seasons yet, just wish the first comment was worded better imo.

6 hours ago, BoneGuy4 said:

It’s funny how friendly band kids are to their rival schools compared to the football teams. Rockwall be Rockwall Heath every year is one of the most heated games but then after the game some of the kids from each band go and eat together. One of the things I love most about what I do is the love each band has for each other no matter the size.

Agreed. Love how these bands support each other. Probably helps that some members were in band together at Utley. Hope that doesn’t change when New Middle School 4 opens next year and there is a true split. 

7 hours ago, MoBone said:

Thank you, so are these  all of the 6A schools in that area or just the ones expected to make it to Area? I’m watching out for Horn, we did decent at US Band Dallas regional but 2nd from last at Birdville.  So idk what to make of our group lol. 

Believe this all 6A schools, would be removed from order if don’t qualify for area. 

On 10/13/2024 at 9:39 PM, dvillealumni2018 said:

here's from this weekends comp. They placed 2nd behind keller with colleyville and sachse right behind. 

I was surprised by how well they did compared to how difficult finals were. Trinity, Sachse, Keller, and other good bands made me think that they would get around 7th but I'm glad to see they did well.

3 hours ago, Billpop0202 said:

confused why you put sachse over dville even tho dville got 2nd place in birdville... and sachse over rockwall!?

Well sachse the week before placed 1st at the WMI while D-ville tied for 2nd. Then the next week at Birdville D-ville got 2nd while Sachse got 3rd in prelims and 4th in finals. So anything can happen when it comes to that and I would think Rockwall will be around the same place.