UIL 6A Area C 2024

8 hours ago, SaltySynth said:

I was surprised by how well they did compared to how difficult finals were. Trinity, Sachse, Keller, and other good bands made me think that they would get around 7th but I'm glad to see they did well.

Dville has always been a solid group so a 2nd place finish at Birdville isn’t an anomaly 

11 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

1st. Forney/Waxahachie 

2nd. Waxahachie/Forney 

3rd. Sachse/D-ville/Rockwall

4th. D-ville/Rockwall/Sachse 

5th. Rockwall/Sachse/D-ville 

6th. Pearce/North Forney 

7th. NF/Pearce 

8th. Berkner

9th. Royce City 

10th. Lake Highlands/Richardson  

That paper rock scissors for 2 spots could be tense. What would one ☝️ of these 3 have to do to separate from the other two and maybe compete with 1 and 2?

11 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

1st. Forney/Waxahachie 

2nd. Waxahachie/Forney 

6th. Pearce/North Forney 

7th. NF/Pearce 

8th. Berkner

9th. Royce City 

didn’t pearce place higher than rockwall at mckinney?

On 10/15/2024 at 6:47 PM, CosmicLimbo said:

Dville has always been a solid group so a 2nd place finish at Birdville isn’t an anomaly 

I'm aware they are good but it just didn't feel right, Imo there were a lot better of bands there that should have taken 2nd place such as Trinity and Sachse as I mentioned earlier. Also over the past few years Dville has been losing their shimmer again just my opinion. I also may just be attached to the crowd pleasing shows and since I didn't feel touched by the show I didn't expect them to do well.

On 10/16/2024 at 10:18 AM, Tubalord11 said:

1st. Forney/Waxahachie 

2nd. Waxahachie/Forney 

6th. Pearce/North Forney 

7th. NF/Pearce 

8th. Berkner

9th. Royce City 

Berkner in 8th seams pretty low, I was expecting 4th 5th 6th. I haven't seen rockwall's show yet so I would be interested to know how they are doing.

14 minutes ago, SaltySynth said:

Berkner in 8th seams pretty low, I was expecting 4th 5th 6th. I haven't seen rockwall's show yet so I would be interested to know how they are doing.

Berkner imo isn't as strong as they were last season. I expect them to make finals, but unless they've had some major changes, I feel like the 10th-7th range is appropriate for them. Rockwall's show is amazing! Perfect show for UIL, and Boa as well apparently. Making finals at Prosper I'd imagine has been a huge confidence boost for the program, and I expect them to do very well here. 

13 hours ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

That paper rock scissors for 2 spots could be tense. What would one ☝️ of these 3 have to do to separate from the other two and maybe compete with 1 and 2?

Yeah this is what’s giving me the most trouble right now too. I’d give the edge to very very slightly to maybe Dville and Sachse but my opinion could change depending on how well Rockwall does at DMI 

46 minutes ago, SaltySynth said:

I'm aware they are good but it just didn't feel right, Imo there were a lot better of bands there that should have taken 2nd place such as Trinity and Sachse as I mentioned earlier. Also over the past few years Dville has been losing their shimmer again just my opinion. I also may just be attached to the crowd pleasing shows and since I didn't feel touched by the show I didn't expect them to do well.

Fair enough. The show is a celebration of the Dville band’s 70th anniversary so it’s understandable that someone may not be super touched by the show if they don’t already have some emotional connection to the program (or any other reason one would not be touched by a show). I think it’s a cool show regardless of if you have some past connection with the program or not but different strokes for different folks you know.

2 hours ago, CosmicLimbo said:

Yeah this is what’s giving me the most trouble right now too. I’d give the edge to very very slightly to maybe Dville and Sachse but my opinion could change depending on how well Rockwall does at DMI 

Rockwall has held their own with Sac the past few years. My mind has slept a Few times since the past 2 areas but Rockwall and Sac have been pretty close right behind the Top Dogs, Wylies, and McKinney’s. Wouldn’t be surprised if one year one was higher and the next they flipped. 

3 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Berkner imo isn't as strong as they were last season. I expect them to make finals, but unless they've had some major changes, I feel like the 10th-7th range is appropriate for them. Rockwall's show is amazing! Perfect show for UIL, and Boa as well apparently. Making finals at Prosper I'd imagine has been a huge confidence boost for the program, and I expect them to do very well here. 

While Berkner may not be doing as well as they did last year I do believe that their shows are always some what of a crowd pleaser. Typically having some pretty fun music in the shows. 

1 minute ago, Taako2027 said:

I don't think berkner looks nearly as strong this year. Also, I think we should take into account US Bands Dallas Regionals and how Richardson did there---that showing would def affect area standings. I'll wait until after BOA Waco to decide more---thoughts? 

BOA is nice since it is standardized judging but a lot of school only go to 1-3 BOA comps and Waco is pretty far for a lot of these bands so I'm not sure how many would be there to do much judging for yourself.

1 hour ago, SaltySynth said:

While Berkner may not be doing as well as they did last year I do believe that their shows are always some what of a crowd pleaser. Typically having some pretty fun music in the shows. 

I definitely agree, though unfortunately that’s not what the judges are looking for, but they have a very entertaining show this year again! 

1 hour ago, Taako2027 said:

I don't think berkner looks nearly as strong this year. Also, I think we should take into account US Bands Dallas Regionals and how Richardson did there---that showing would def affect area standings. I'll wait until after BOA Waco to decide more---thoughts? 

I don’t really think US bands is a great score point as to where bands stand. Placement definitely means something, but for this specific regional, I would have expected Richardson to be top 4. Should make finals here, state will depend on the day 

On 10/16/2024 at 10:18 AM, Tubalord11 said:

1st. Forney/Waxahachie 

2nd. Waxahachie/Forney 

6th. Pearce/North Forney 

7th. NF/Pearce 

8th. Berkner

9th. Royce City 

I think heath definitely has a shot at finals as well