UIL 6A Area C 2024

On 10/6/2024 at 10:33 AM, BandNerd07 said:

And North Forney might even be in the state convo as well. They placed 2nd at the USBands Dallas Regional last night beating Byron Nelson and Richland. Also, Garland and Rowlett look to be area finalists as they both made finals here and beat bands like Lakeview and Lovejoy. Area C is no longer the "easiest area" anymore.

I 100% agree! Garland and Rowlett seem to have improved a ton since former years and I'm very excited to see where they end up. I heard Garland and Sachse are going to BOA Waco next week so it'll be interesting to see where they end up. If Garland can beat Sachse I can see them as Area Finalists and maybe even make State.

IMG_3791.thumb.png.a912beb08c09d8fc6ca288002a74420f.png

17 minutes ago, Emfer said:

I 100% agree! Garland and Rowlett seem to have improved a ton since former years and I'm very excited to see where they end up. I heard Garland and Sachse are going to BOA Waco next week so it'll be interesting to see where they end up. If Garland can beat Sachse I can see them as Area Finalists and maybe even make State.

Based off of the WMI contest it’s not gonna be easy for garland to come up and beat sachse garland has definitely moved in a positive direction but we will see what happens at boa Waco 

22 minutes ago, Emfer said:

There are a ton of bands going from area C, Richardson, Garland, Sachse, and Irving are all going, according to the schedule, cant wait to see how it goes. The area C shakeup is honestly making it so hard to judge who makes finals. 

we will have to wait for Waco to see how garland and Richardson do against Sachse, but I really hope these underdog schools do great. 

This area is turning out to be much more competitive than I initially thought it would be. 

39 minutes ago, yes8239429847923 said:

There are a ton of bands going from area C, Richardson, Garland, Sachse, and Irving are all going, according to the schedule, cant wait to see how it goes. The area C shakeup is honestly making it so hard to judge who makes finals. 

we will have to wait for Waco to see how garland and Richardson do against Sachse, but I really hope these underdog schools do great. 

This area is turning out to be much more competitive than I initially thought it would be. 

Does anyone have a list on who is going to BOA Waco?

8 hours ago, Emfer said:

You are right about that. I think if you were to say that last year, I would've thought that was just a joke and would've laughed my butt off. But this year, honestly anything can happen at this point. Besides from Waxahachie and Forney, nobody's safe.

1 hour ago, BandNerd07 said:

You are right about that. I think if you were to say that last year, I would've thought that was just a joke and would've laughed my butt off. But this year, honestly anything can happen at this point. Besides from Waxahachie and Forney, nobody's safe.

Not even sure those two are “safe”. They seem to get the nod right now but I think come Nov 2, there are 6-8 bands that can make a claim to state with 2 solid marches. This means 4 great bands are going to stay home. I’m not sure anyone is “safe” based on first couple weekends of October 

1 hour ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

Curious, how are judges picked for actual UIL Events? Are you allowed to judge Region/Area contest if you have affiliation to a district participating or can you only judge other Region/Areas?

I believe it is similar to all region where there is a rotation of judges. At least that's how it was when I was in school. My percussion director would always talk about how our judge was his judge in high school and stuff.

1 minute ago, SaltySynth said:

I believe it is similar to all region where there is a rotation of judges. At least that's how it was when I was in school. My percussion director would always talk about how our judge was his judge in high school and stuff.

Makes sense but in theory, all region is a blind audition, all playing same music. Just curious how that works. Thanks!

On 10/7/2024 at 10:47 AM, CosmicLimbo said:

Here’s Dville at Wylie. Liking the show as far 👏🏽, if they can clean it up musically a bit knock their closer out of the park when they put it on the field, then I think they’ll be in good shape come area

such a cool closer cant wait to see them again in birdville 😄

4 hours ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

Area C is looking stacked. Almost like the bands are reenergized!

ALL of these bands have reason to believe…

Wax

Forney

North Forney

JJP

Berkner

D-Ville

Sach

Rockwall

Garland

Heath

That’s just the first 10 that come to mind.  How the seasons has gone thus far, I don’t see “locks”. Any given Saturday!

Don't forget North Garland or Rowlett either. Heck, throw Richardson and Lake Highlands in there too, this area is sooooo unpredictable!

2 minutes ago, bringthetreble said:

What do you guys think of North Forney? They're really improving this year compared to last! Yesterday they got 1st at the Royse city marching classic, and 2nd at US Bands! I think they could be strong contenders in Area C.. as well as Rowlett and ofc Garland + Sachse...

I think they’ve got a serious shot!! Great show with tons of potential, should definitely be in finals!