UIL 6A Area C 2024

2 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Definitely possible, won't be easy, don't really know how to place them since they surprisingly didn't make finals at Don Hanna, but I think Waco will give us a good idea as to where they are at

they missed finals by a single point at Don Hanna and I'm pretty sure for Waco they signed up to only be part of the preliminary portion

1 hour ago, E1. said:

they missed finals by a single point at Don Hanna and I'm pretty sure for Waco they signed up to only be part of the preliminary portion

Can’t wait to see Heath’s full show! I think they can compete for finals spot. I know many were surprised they didn't make Don Hanna Finals (missed by a point)….but I heard there show wasn’t complete yet and didn’t have enough on field to be scored completely 🤷. We shall see. I don’t expect them to make finals at Waco. This will be their first time dipping their toes in at BoA. But I hope its a great experience for the kids and can give them a boost of confidence going into area. I feel like they are really challenging themselves vs going to a Royse City contest they have Grand Championed at the past few years. That’s no disrespect to the RC contest. But the McKinney and BOA’s is simply a step up in competition. Go Heath!

53 minutes ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

Can’t wait to see Heath’s full show! I think they can compete for finals spot. I know many were surprised they didn't make Don Hanna Finals (missed by a point)….but I heard there show wasn’t complete yet and didn’t have enough on field to be scored completely 🤷. We shall see. I don’t expect them to make finals at Waco. This will be their first time dipping their toes in at BoA. But I hope its a great experience for the kids and can give them a boost of confidence going into area. I feel like they are really challenging themselves vs going to a Royse City contest they have Grand Championed at the past few years. That’s no disrespect to the RC contest. But the McKinney and BOA’s is simply a step up in competition. Go Heath!

Yeah at Don Hanna they only had two out of three acts on the field and there were some musical errors throughout. For BoA though I believe they're being bussed home before the bands that made finals are even announced so I'm not sure if they're even trying for finals here or if they're going strictly to get some good feedback before UIL things start

3 hours ago, E1. said:

Okay yeah, not surprised about that, especially after reading the other comments you made here. I definitely think they’ve got a super solid shot at finals, this area is just so stacked but it’s definitely possible with a good run, would love to see them in! 

On 10/17/2024 at 10:59 AM, Tubalord11 said:

Berkner imo isn't as strong as they were last season. I expect them to make finals, but unless they've had some major changes, I feel like the 10th-7th range is appropriate for them. Rockwall's show is amazing! Perfect show for UIL, and Boa as well apparently. Making finals at Prosper I'd imagine has been a huge confidence boost for the program, and I expect them to do very well here. 

Berkner didn't place as high at Mansfield but the scores are definitely better than last years. 

52 minutes ago, FatMexican69 said:

Berkner didn't place as high at Mansfield but the scores are definitely better than last years. 

I think that was the same at BOA Dallas. They were only like 3 points off from finals. Also we need to take into mind that Berkner hasn't preformed in a comp for several weeks so until UIL (Unless any parents want to speak up) we won't really know for sure how much work they have done. I think this last month of the season is when the most improvement happens so I would expect Berkner to jump a place or two in area from where we had them in predictions.

Pearce got first at a competition recently, and everyone is going crazy. We should also look at their score and where they placed in Area B finals last year. Going from 12th to 3rd or 4th at area finals is a HUGE jump for any band. I don't think they might be in the Top 5 but I could definitely see them in the 6-8 range but who knows all those RISD schools are coming with heat this year. Area is going to be a VERY eventful day...

22 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

I don’t really think US bands is a great score point as to where bands stand. Placement definitely means something, but for this specific regional, I would have expected Richardson to be top 4. Should make finals here, state will depend on the day 

I think Richardson’s guard drags them down, a lot as well, judges in finals had their guard placed as low as twelfth. Their visual is definitely less strong than their music.

I found a video of their prelims run from US Bands and I think they might be a strong contender to BOA Waco finals (maybe 11th or 12th if they can really perform a great show.) and depending on their scores this weekend I could predict a high Area placement as well.