UIL 5A Area C 2024

22 minutes ago, whitehot said:

do you guys think theres a chance that all the mesquite isd 5a schools could make it to state this year?

I’m bullish on the possibility.  WM is doing better than I’ve ever seen them.  As I’ve mentioned in a previous post, I saw them and NM back to back and they truly seem to be on a similar level now.  It would be a fantastic story, especially highlighting the rise of WM.

2 minutes ago, brahmsbxch said:

Poteet was looking very dirty today.  Bit worried about them after seeing tonight’s performance, especially with HP and LCHS. I fear they may be over programmed with the music and drill. 

found the live stream for those that couldn’t see it in person. Though, they don’t start showing Poteet until halfway through their show :/.  Greenville might also be looking at a 2 at the region level 😕

pirate band @ 1:51:50

On 9/27/2024 at 9:19 PM, brahmsbxch said:

Record and post if you can!

HP placed third of the day, beating schools like rockwall heath and lakeview centennial. Won almost all of the captions as well for 5A. Now, the mesquite schools weren't included in this ranking because they were hosting, but it seems like HP will make more of an upset at area than people on here have been saying.

I didn't see them perform, but they must be doing something right.

20 hours ago, chippedreeds said:

HP placed third of the day, beating schools like rockwall heath and lakeview centennial. Won almost all of the captions as well for 5A. Now, the mesquite schools weren't included in this ranking because they were hosting, but it seems like HP will make more of an upset at area than people on here have been saying.

I didn't see them perform, but they must be doing something right.

I didn’t see HP at Mesquite but hears they were strong. I think they at at McKinney next week. That will be a good test. 

On 3/27/2024 at 9:46 AM, Tubalord11 said:

I wouldn’t be to fast to count out Highland Park. While they have struggled the past two seasons in 6A, I really think it was bc of their “silly” and fun show designs, bc they still looked and sounded good, and they had great success with those style of shows in 5A. So, assuming they do that type of show again, they could very much win, but I do agree the LC could win it as well, we really just won’t know till the season starts 

HP had a strong showing at Mesquite. I “think” they are at Mckinney next weekend. That will be a good litmus test. 

On 9/26/2024 at 9:54 PM, brahmsbxch said:

found the live stream for those that couldn’t see it in person. Though, they don’t start showing Poteet until halfway through their show :/.  Greenville might also be looking at a 2 at the region level 😕

pirate band @ 1:51:50

ooof I really hope they can clean this up in time for Area…

And North Mesquite earned 4th place at Don Hanna while Lakeview Centennial got 10th; Also, highland park did not make finals at McKinney.

as a side note: happy for Kaufman but absolutely despise their show lol.  Thought we were past orientalist shows and, in general, shows about specific cultures.  Especially when there’s so many stereotypical tropes being duplicated in the music choices, body movements, etc.

Just now, Idkwhattoputhere said:

This area is definitely really competitive this year. With North mesquite doing well in don Hanna, west mesquite being champion  and Kaufman beating poteet. My prediction for this area is:

1st North mesquite 

2nd West mesquite/kaufman

3rd Kaufman/ west mesquite 

4th Poteet/ HP

5th HP/poteet

6th lakeview centennial 

Hey yall I’m new to these forums but my school is in this area. I was curious about what yall know about Mount pleasant? I’m pretty sure they had the Wednesday show last year and I loved it, and they almost made state. I saw some predictions earlier on saying they could place top 3 or 4. I’m curious if y’all know anything abt their show/progress?

On 3/25/2024 at 9:09 PM, Dave609 said:

Hey everyone so I managed to find all bands that were under 5A for this area (Note that none of the bands had NV) and these bands could change once bands start signing up for Regional-

5A Area C (Region 3, 4, 20, 21)-

Region 3 (10)-

Crandall HS
Greenville HS
Kaufman HS
Lakeview Centennial HS
Mesquite Poteet HS
Naaman Forest HS
North Mesquite HS
South Garland HS
Terrell HS
West Mesquite HS

Region 4 (3)-

Marshall HS
Mount Pleasant HS
Texas HS

Region 20 (10)-

Dallas Adams HS
Dallas Adamson HS
Dallas Hillcrest HS
Dallas Jefferson HS
Dallas Sunset HS
Dallas Wilson HS
DeSoto HS
Ennis HS (Military Band)
Highland Park HS
Red Oak HS

Non-Varsity:

Dallas Samuell HS
Dallas South Oak Cliff HS
Dallas White HS

Region 21 (6)-

Hallsville HS
Jacksonville HS
Lufkin HS
Nacogdoches HS
Tyler HS
Whitehouse HS

if all these bands do stay as 5A and don't switch to NV or go to 6A (Lakeview and DeSoto), then 37 bands total are in this area

so I updated this and the total number of bands now is 29. So the highest amount of bands that we could see advance is 5 bands, but we will most likely end up with 4 which really sucks since someone would be missing state.

6 hours ago, Mj17 said:

Most definitely think West Mesquite is going to bring some upsets this season. Can see Mesquite ISD having all 3 bands make state this year. 

I just adored Vest Mesquites show. It vas so intriguing and I vas immediately drawn in by that vampire character. I enthusiastically observed the magnificence of that show. Vonderfull! The marching bands are so much better here in Texas than they are in Transylvania 

~Edward C.

2 hours ago, edwardthevampire said:

I just adored Vest Mesquites show. It vas so intriguing and I vas immediately drawn in by that vampire character. I enthusiastically observed the magnificence of that show. Vonderfull! The marching bands are so much better here in Texas than they are in Transylvania 

~Edward C.

edward cullen??