UIL 5A Area C 2024

On 9/3/2024 at 4:52 PM, ATSSBoT said:

Kaufman used to be in area b 4a.. and oh my lord they’ve gotten SO MUCH STRONGER 

I could really see them making the leap to state, their program is definitely on an upwards trajectory! With that being said this is my prediction:

1. Lakeview Centennial

2. Highland Park

3. Kaufman (really good feeling about them)

4. Poteet

Yes obviously kaufman only made state 1 time in 4A, but you have to keep in mind they were in area B and consistently 1st alternate 

Wow you weren't kidding they are strong any thoughts on them rn?

On 9/3/2024 at 4:52 PM, ATSSBoT said:

Kaufman used to be in area b 4a.. and oh my lord they’ve gotten SO MUCH STRONGER 

I could really see them making the leap to state, their program is definitely on an upwards trajectory! With that being said this is my prediction:

1. Lakeview Centennial

2. Highland Park

3. Kaufman (really good feeling about them)

4. Poteet

Yes obviously kaufman only made state 1 time in 4A, but you have to keep in mind they were in area B and consistently 1st alternate 

This preseason prediction is really holding up for Kaufman, they're cooking up something special. 

Something I've decided to do this year is create area rankings that are updated weekly. Rankings are changed each week based on contest results, the likelihood of beating other bands ranked ahead of them, and UIL region results. Here's where the rankings currently stand as of this week:

1. Highland Park

2. Kaufman

3. Poteet

4. North Mesquite

5. Lakeview Centennial

6. Red Oak

7. Terrell

8. West Mesquite

9. Texas

10. Crandall

11. Marshall

12. DeSoto

13. Lufkin (M)

14. Nacogdoches (M)

15. Whitehouse (M)

16. Ennis (M)

17. Hallsville (M)

18. Jacksonville (M)

19. Greenville

20. Tyler

21. South Garland

22. Naaman Forest

23. Hillcrest

24. Sunset

25. Wilson

26. Adams

27. Jefferson

28. WT White

29T. Adamson

29T. Samuell

29T. South Oak Cliff

31. Molina

1 hour ago, skibidiband said:

Looks like Texas high and Marshall might not make a 1 at region. We might see only 3 state qualifiers from our area. Also still waiting to see mount pleasant. Also confused with highland parks rankings these last 2 comps

Mt.Pleasant has been very off the radar this season, it’s only matter of time before we get some kind of video or update… if their show is anywhere close to as good as the Wednesday show the previous year, they could move on to the state level! Anybody at all please keep your eyes open !

11 hours ago, BandNerd07 said:

Something I've decided to do this year is create area rankings that are updated weekly. Rankings are changed each week based on contest results, the likelihood of beating other bands ranked ahead of them, and UIL region results. Here's where the rankings currently stand as of this week:

1. Highland Park

2. Kaufman

3. Poteet

4. North Mesquite

5. Lakeview Centennial

6. Red Oak

7. Terrell

8. West Mesquite

9. Texas

10. Crandall

11. Marshall

12. DeSoto

13. Lufkin (M)

14. Nacogdoches (M)

15. Whitehouse (M)

16. Ennis (M)

17. Hallsville (M)

18. Jacksonville (M)

19. Greenville

20. Tyler

21. South Garland

22. Naaman Forest

23. Hillcrest

24. Sunset

25. Wilson

26. Adams

27. Jefferson

28. WT White

29T. Adamson

29T. Samuell

29T. South Oak Cliff

31. Molina

west mesquite beat terrell at aubrey contest 

24 minutes ago, brahmsbxch said:

And North beat Poteet last year at Area, LCHC got like 12 last week, Red oak is not doing as well as other years, Highland Park got 12th at MMI, Mt Pleasant is missing….. so on.

that whole ranking is WRONG!!! (Respectfully)

Oh, okay and btw if something looks wrong, please let me know as I may not always look at every single contest and might possibly miss something. I'll keep a note on the changes that need to be made.

42 minutes ago, brahmsbxch said:

And North beat Poteet last year at Area, LCHC got like 12 last week, Red oak is not doing as well as other years, Highland Park got 12th at MMI, Mt Pleasant is missing….. so on.

that whole ranking is WRONG!!! (Respectfully)

I want to know a bit more about Highland Park, everyone is ranking them high but others say they belong lower on the list, can someone explain the reasoning for that. I assume the high placement is due to them being moved down to 5A.

3 minutes ago, marchingtillpigsfly said:

I want to know a bit more about Highland Park, everyone is ranking them high but others say they belong lower on the list, can someone explain the reasoning for that. I assume the high placement is due to them being moved down to 5A.

The reasoning behind Highland Park being so highly ranked was because they finished 3rd at Mesquite and we don't really get anything put of them from MMI because they were the only band in this area to attend. But HP has historically been successful in 5A but have been struggling a bit ever since moving up to 6A, but now that they are back, hopefully we can expect to see them in SA in November.

26 minutes ago, marchingtillpigsfly said:

The main reason why is Highland Park use to dominate the 5A competition a few years ago, especially this area competition. They finished 5th in the 2021 5A State Marching Contest; however, they haven’t seen as much success in the recent years.

My honest predictions based off what I have seen with my own two eyes and from what I've heard from people without being biased is:

1. North Mesquite

2. Highland park

3. Poteet

4. Lakeview Centennial

5. West mesquite

Now I have seen all of these bands show up to date and North Mesquite seems to be on top of their game this year. They made their first ever appearance at State last year and got 2nd in Area C for 5A. Their show is really entertaining and they have definitely upped their game since last season and they seem to just be getting better and better. I have high hopes for North Mesquite and it would really be cool to see them win Area Champs. Highland Park is also a super strong competitor this season since they are back in 5A but after seeing both of North Mesquite's show and Highland Park's show, North just looks so much cleaner in their marching and balance in sound. With that said I still think that 1st place could fall between North and Highland. I was honestly surprised when I saw Poteet this year because they aren't doing as good as they usually do. Their show theme IMO doesn't correlate to the music selection and they just seem very sloppy this year. I do hope to see Poteet up there and hope they clean up before Area. Seeing how Lakeview Centennial placed 10th at Don Hanna and North Place 4th I don't have high hopes for LC unfortunately. West Mesquite has been doing amazing this season and I honestly see them making at least top 5 at Area, it would be super cool to see all the MISD 5A bands go to state. As for any other bands in this Area I have no opinion as I have not seen their show but these are my solid predictions for Area. Feel free to comment on this or give fee back on what you all think!

5 hours ago, coolsaxguy05 said:

My honest predictions based off what I have seen with my own two eyes and from what I've heard from people without being biased is:

1. North Mesquite

2. Highland park

3. Poteet

4. Lakeview Centennial

5. West mesquite

Now I have seen all of these bands show up to date and North Mesquite seems to be on top of their game this year. They made their first ever appearance at State last year and got 2nd in Area C for 5A. Their show is really entertaining and they have definitely upped their game since last season and they seem to just be getting better and better. I have high hopes for North Mesquite and it would really be cool to see them win Area Champs. Highland Park is also a super strong competitor this season since they are back in 5A but after seeing both of North Mesquite's show and Highland Park's show, North just looks so much cleaner in their marching and balance in sound. With that said I still think that 1st place could fall between North and Highland. I was honestly surprised when I saw Poteet this year because they aren't doing as good as they usually do. Their show theme IMO doesn't correlate to the music selection and they just seem very sloppy this year. I do hope to see Poteet up there and hope they clean up before Area. Seeing how Lakeview Centennial placed 10th at Don Hanna and North Place 4th I don't have high hopes for LC unfortunately. West Mesquite has been doing amazing this season and I honestly see them making at least top 5 at Area, it would be super cool to see all the MISD 5A bands go to state. As for any other bands in this Area I have no opinion as I have not seen their show but these are my solid predictions for Area. Feel free to comment on this or give fee back on what you all think!

I agree with all of this and actually think West, LCHS and Mt Pleasant are in the running for 4th.  Hopefully this Area sends 4 to state but it’s looking like it’ll be 3 unfortunately.

17 hours ago, coolsaxguy05 said:

1. North Mesquite

2. Highland park

3. Poteet

4. Lakeview Centennial

5. West mesquite

I would say Kaufman is up there too, I believe they will place top 3, if they preform as good as they did at Midlothian then I could see them going head to head with Highland park and Poteet, they've shown they can beat Poteet and it may not always happen but they are up there. I do have high hopes for Kaufman

On 10/10/2024 at 9:52 AM, marchingtillpigsfly said:

I would say Kaufman is up there too, I believe they will place top 3, if they preform as good as they did at Midlothian then I could see them going head to head with Highland park and Poteet, they've shown they can beat Poteet and it may not always happen but they are up there. I do have high hopes for Kaufman

Kaufman can definitely make a run. HP took a step back last weekend, not making finals at McKinney. They will need to get mojo back before area. 

5 hours ago, brahmsbxch said:

West Mesquite just won best 5A band at Royse City, beating out LCHS.  Área C is going to be realllyyyyyyyy interesting!

Kaufman just beat Poteet in prelims and in finals, and beat Highland Park, and beating a frisco school in the process placing 2nd behind Memorial high school from Frisco

On 10/8/2024 at 11:32 PM, BandNerd07 said:

1. Highland Park

2. Kaufman

3. Poteet

4. North Mesquite

5. Lakeview Centennial

6. Red Oak

7. Terrell

8. West Mesquite

9. Texas

10. Crandall

11. Marshall

12. DeSoto

13. Lufkin (M)

14. Nacogdoches (M)

15. Whitehouse (M)

16. Ennis (M)

17. Hallsville (M)

18. Jacksonville (M)

19. Greenville

20. Tyler

21. South Garland

22. Naaman Forest

23. Hillcrest

24. Sunset

25. Wilson

26. Adams

27. Jefferson

28. WT White

29T. Adamson

29T. Samuell

29T. South Oak Cliff

31. Molina

With this new Information, let us see the new prediction 🥳

9 minutes ago, deepfriedtube said:

Haven't heard much about red oak. Why them over HP?

Just from previous years Red Oak has always done fairly  well. I personally haven’t seen their program this year but from what I have seen I might be jumping my prediction on them. HP just isn’t doing as good as they use to in previous years.