UIL 5A Area C 2024

3 minutes ago, Mj17 said:

Just from previous years Red Oak has always done fairly  well. I personally haven’t seen their program this year but from what I have seen I might be jumping my prediction on them. HP just isn’t doing as good as they use to in previous years. 

Red oak is not doing as well as other years either

https://youtu.be/yGlOhWALD2A?si=3PvHa3vNahyRQwP2

1 hour ago, Tubalord11 said:

Id say HP is more in the 4th-6th range. Got beat by Poteet and Kaufman yesterday, and north has a really strong show.  If they’re taking 3 to state it’ll probably be them, with HP, WM, Red Oak and LC battling to get in 

Yeah.  I think there’s an argument that there’s a battle for both the 3rd and 4th spots between 5 bands.  I appreciate the unexpected competitiveness of this area this year.

18 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Id say HP is more in the 4th-6th range. Got beat by Poteet and Kaufman yesterday, and north has a really strong show.  If they’re taking 3 to state it’ll probably be them, with HP, WM, Red Oak and LC battling to get in 

In my opinion, if LC is running for it then they really have to fight for their spot 

45 minutes ago, Hottogo01 said:

I completely agree with you, top 3 are pretty accurate though, and bottom 2 are debatable. I really want to see how this competition is going play out

I believe they definitely have a chance of making state maybe just maybe top 3  but I think this season has been really interesting for them. A lot of these competitions have been a little shocking ngl…

5 hours ago, Idkwhattoputhere said:

In my opinion, if LC is running for it then they really have to fight for their spot 

imo, LC is going to have to really out perform the rest of the competition from a cleanliness and sound stand point because the product they have compared to everyone else is really lacking from what I've seen. Their show last year was much better designed then this year

15 hours ago, DallasFan said:

imo, LC is going to have to really out perform the rest of the competition from a cleanliness and sound stand point because the product they have compared to everyone else is really lacking from what I've seen. Their show last year was much better designed then this year

I totally get that, I belive their show is definitely a show with potential so in this  last week of rehearsal they really have to push through 

3 hours ago, rm115 said:

So how does everyone feel about this area after this weekend? I saw scores for the USBands Burleson regional where Kaufman got 2nd, Poteet got 3rd, and HP got 7th. I saw RO got 1st at the Celina marching contest as well and I heard LC and WM were at Royce City but Im not sure how they did, any thoughts?

So for what i know at royse city WM made finals and they only took 5 bands to finals and WM was 1st in all 5a bands and LC didn’t make finals 

5 hours ago, rm115 said:

So how does everyone feel about this area after this weekend? I saw scores for the USBands Burleson regional where Kaufman got 2nd, Poteet got 3rd, and HP got 7th. I saw RO got 1st at the Celina marching contest as well and I heard LC and WM were at Royce City but Im not sure how they did, any thoughts?

I think west mesquite and LC will definitely be fighting for that spot to state if they do take 5 bands because even though Lc didn’t make finals they made 6th place and we’re still allowed to do an exhibition performance while west made 5th place. Again I believe both are really great bands and I wish them the best of luck at area.

2 hours ago, Hottogo01 said:

So who do you think will make finals in this Area? I know for a fact North M, Kaufman, Poteet, will make finals. Everyone give my your list of your top 10 I am interested to see your opinion

Random order:

North Mesquite 

West Mesquite 

Poteet 

Lakeview Centennial 

Highland Park

Kaufman

Red Oak 

Mount Pleasent 

Terrell 

Texas 

2 hours ago, Idkwhattoputhere said:

I think west mesquite and LC will definitely be fighting for that spot to state if they do take 5 bands because even though Lc didn’t make finals they made 6th place and we’re still allowed to do an exhibition performance while west made 5th place. Again I believe both are really great bands and I wish them the best of luck at area.

We should probably expect only 3 spots for state and would be lucky to get 4.  5 is just out of the realm of possibility because a lot of bands in this area from DISD historically get 2s (even 3s) at region.

2 minutes ago, brahmsbxch said:

We should probably expect only 3 spots for state and would be lucky to get 4.  5 is just out of the realm of possibility because a lot of bands in this area from DISD historically get 2s (even 3s) at region.

Right, knowing that I wonder who will make state, I have my bets on Kaufman making it to top 3 and making state

1 minute ago, Hottogo01 said:

Right, knowing that I wonder who will make state, I have my bets on Kaufman making it to top 3 and making state

I honestly think it’s going to be really tight. I think North and Kaufman (even though I’m a Kaufman hater bc of the subject matter of their show) will make it.  That third spot is a toss up; It can be WM, LC, Poteet or HP.  I feel insane to not put Poteet as a shoe in but they are just nowhere near clean and their competition results reflect that (especially given the rumor that WM ranked higher at MMF). 

Something no one has brought up is the fact that all these schools have a fall break this week—I wonder if that will stall progress and meaningfully effect outcomes at Area.

An early takeaway from this season is that this Area actually is competitive.  Additionally, it’s notable how West Mesquite has improved so much that they are (allegedly) beating Poteet, and winning competitions and percussion contests, and in consideration by people in this forum for state.  Forney’s departure in fact did not leave a void for interest in this Area.