7 minutes ago, lost said:

Excited for this show. I think Cedar Park has a shot at top five at nationals. I missed this and had been looking for what they were taking to nationals. Do we know Leanders show yet?

It’s called shades! Looks like a cool summer show, looks like a potential GE powerhouse of a show, super exciting!!! 

• 3 weeks later...

Foster is doing “The Oculus” with some incredibly intriguing red props. Incredible opening hit with double tonguing that’s already pretty darn clean.

Clements’ show is “Shades of La Mer” with the music of La Mer by Debussy. It’s cohesive with last year’s fire show but with definite step-up in visual. 

10 minutes ago, crunchycookie3 said:

Foster is doing “The Oculus” with some incredibly intriguing red props. Incredible opening hit with double tonguing that’s already pretty darn clean.

Clements’ show is “Shades of La Mer” with the music of La Mer by Debussy. It’s cohesive with last year’s fire show but with definite step-up in visual. 

Coming from a Foster band kid: the red props are a nightmare to march through- we just got them last week and so many people already skinned their knees (and even fallen) on them 😭

14 hours ago, Rubisco said:

Marcus' show is called In a New Light. Keller's is called Distant Voices. Not sure if either has been posted yet. There's a football game video with both performances on YouTube.

It seems like Marcus is keeping with the more aggressive style this year. Actually, the pacing of the music is quite similar to last year as well. Front ensemble and mello solo build-up into the first big hit, which kind of sounds like a pop tune (I'm not sure about that), followed by fast, belligerent single-tongued and double-tongued brass features. I'm really enjoying this style for them. I think they could have success similar to last year.

Keller also has a solid show. Like Marcus, a slow-burn start. Wonderful flute solo, with lots of expanding circles on the field. It didn't seem like they had as much of their program on the field as Marcus, although it may just seem that way because they stopped right after the first full-ensemble hit.

Strong starts overall!

Keller has a LOT more of their show learned and performed I promise. They always like to do a spirit show along with their Indiannette performance and their varsity show for the first couple of football games. So that’s why they only played their part 1.

On 8/31/2024 at 9:24 AM, crunchycookie3 said:

Did you see clements show? How is it?

11 hours ago, ChristopherRoden said:

I did, step up from last year in all ways: design, marching/visual, and music. Will be fun to watch them this season, too bad they pulled out of BOA webster

Nice! Yeah, I saw that they got a awful prelims time....understandable why they pulled out

2 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

OMG!!! Just read the definition of the word and I already know the drill is gonna go insane 

Found it just in time! Almost missed my chance at buying Spirit Gear. Ain't no way I'm traveling to Texas without show shirts to show my support. Heck, I'm totally wearing it at KY Competitions lol