Melissa Marching Showcase (Sept. 28th, 2024)

Melissa HS (Exhibition)-

Great performance from Melissa HS! They sound really good live and are someone you don't want to miss. They look pretty good on the marching side, with some area's that still need a bit of attention. They only played movement's 1-3 today. Great Job Melissa!

Whitewright- The Marching Dead-

First off, I love the title of the show! This band had wonderful sounds and techniques! The power the brass brought was really impressive. The marching was good as well! They kept towards the 30 yard line on both ends. Overall, great job Whitewright! Also, shout out to the tuba player! Played very well and with great sounds!

17 minutes ago, Dave609 said:

Whitewright- The Marching Dead-

First off, I love the title of the show! This band had wonderful sounds and techniques! The power the brass brought was really impressive. The marching was good as well! They kept towards the 30 yard line on both ends. Overall, great job Whitewright! Also, shout out to the tuba player! Played very well and with great sounds!

This is such a fun show theme.

Community HS- Dia De Los Muertos-

Great run from Community HS! The use of Remember Me was a great move on the directors! It was played beautifully! Community looks ready to take on Area C this year in 4A. One thing i will say is they need to work on tempo. Great job Community HS!

North Lamar HS- El Toraro-

Great sounds from North Lamar! They are marching very well and it looks very clean really early on in the season. The musical techniques have been great so far for Small Divison! I really hope we see them in finals tonight! I see them making state this year out of 4A Area C. Overall, Great run North Lamar!

Sulpur Springs- Neon Nights-

I see what people mean by park and bark. The power is AMAZING! They marching with great techniques and sound amazing throughout the entire band. They were definitely a crowd favorite for Small Divison. The wind did catch the props and made a couple fall (I've been through that situation before). Overall, it was great getting to see another state finalist band this morning! Amazing run Sulphur Springs!

Anna HS- Fan-Ti-See-

First off, I want to say I really like the fact that they have the drum major podium on the field rather then all the way in the back. There is still some work to do musically as I kept hearing some tempo rushes from certain instruments. Their wall of sound though is AMAZING! They did very well in their marching, with a few individual standouts. Overall, great performance from Anna!!!

Denton Ryan HS- (No Show Title Given)-

Alright, i was very impressed with Ryan HS. They are very good visually and they sound really good! Their sets that visualize keys are really cool to see. They have a really good use of sound and their use of Bluecoats 2016 opener in the 2nd movement was played really well! Overall, i see them making finals tonight! Also, I really liked the color guard uniforms! Amazing performance Ryan HS!!!

Jasper HS- (I didn't catch the title)-

I wanted to start off by saying that I was really impressed with their performance. They sounded really good and had a lot of great techniques. They do have some work to do on the marching side. Their use of umbrellas as props is very unique since the guard used them. I likes the fluet trio in movement 4. Overall, I really liked their performance. Keep up the amazing work Jasper HS!!

25 minutes ago, Dave609 said:

Garland HS- Canary-

Great run from Garland! I really loved the music for their show! They did great in their visuals as well! Overall, great run Garland! Also, RIP the Plumes.

*think* they went early at Mesquite today for a dress rehearsal:)