Melissa Marching Showcase (Sept. 28th, 2024)

China Spring HS- Smiles-

I really think this show has a lot of potential to possibly win state. The visuals looked really cool and I love the blue and yellow uniforms. They made a smiley face and a sad face as their opening sets. Overall, amazing job China Springs High School!!!!

So since all Small Schools are done, here is my rankings-

Celina/ Canton (both were amazing!)

China Spring

Sulpur Springs 

North Lamar

Community 

Whitewright

Italy

Overall though, i really enjoyed all the small schools and can't wait to see what ya'll will be able to accomplish this season! 

North Forney HS- Urban Lights-

HELLO North Forney! Great first hit! I have to say the uniforms look really cool! I like the color. Their brass sound amazing!!! They are also doing very well with their marching visuals and techniques. Amazing job to the flute soloist! Their closing hits were awesome! Amazing performance North Forney!!!

Frisco Memorial HS-

The techniques used in their music is incredible! They look amazing visually, I could really see this show be a area finalists this year at Area B. The trombone Quartet is also amazing! Their sound is seriously not something to sleep on. Their soloists in the slow movement sounded wonderful! I love how they have the woodwinds spin flags in the slow movement. This band you do not want to miss a performance of this year. Amazing run Memorial!!!!

McKinney- Poured Lines-

McKinney coming in strong today with their performance! They have a really good sound and look amazing to watch on the field! The power they bring in sound is legit incredible. I have really enjoyed watching McKinney re-build and can't wait to see what the future has in store. They are ready for Area J. Amazing job McKinney!!!

1 minute ago, Dave609 said:

McKinney- Pourd Blind (I'll fix if I'm wrong)-

McKinney coming in strong today with their performance! They have a really good sound and look amazing to watch on the field! The power they bring in sound is legit incredible. I have really enjoyed watching McKinney re-build and can't wait to see what the future has in store. They are ready for Area J. Amazing job McKinney!!!

Title is poured lines, but yeah they are sooo good this year!! 

18 minutes ago, NoCommonSense said:

Exhibitions

7:30 - Sulphur Springs
7:45 - Canton
8:00 - China Spring

Finals
8:15 - Lebanon Trail
8:30 - Heritage
8:45 - Garland
9:00 - Liberty
9:15 - Argyle
9:30 - Lone Star