UIL 6A Area J 2024

7 minutes ago, TrenBS said:

Bowie and Trinity are area B, so they dont count, I think theres a glitch in your sheet or something lmao

The list was uploaded by region 2, here’s the link. It seemed funky because knowing they’re listed in a different area BUT, I know one or two areas have individual districts switching to a different area than the rest of the region so thought this may be one of those instances. Here’s the link region 2 uploaded.

https://www.uilmusic.com/band#AreaMarching

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1M-eidXv2sRE3H5I125bnmhH0KTYXhe89q8V14K6X7Rw/htmlview

5 minutes ago, Eram97 said:

The list was uploaded by region 2, here’s the link. It seemed funky because knowing they’re listed in a different area BUT, I know one or two areas have individual districts switching to a different area than the rest of the region so thought this may be one of those instances. Here’s the link region 2 uploaded.

https://www.uilmusic.com/band#AreaMarching

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1M-eidXv2sRE3H5I125bnmhH0KTYXhe89q8V14K6X7Rw/htmlview

99% I wouldn't add Bowie or Trinity until we get an area schedule, the individual districts switching to other regions is more common on the lower As but is less common in 6A, and I don't see why they would add Bowie/Trinity to this area at this point in the season

It's most likely a typo since there isn't anything listed on the TMEA alignment site that says this would be the area Bowie and Trinity participate in

For fun though I'll make a prediction based on the bands I've heard and including the 2 area B schools lol:
1. Marcus
2. Hebron
3. Flower Mound
4. Prosper [TIE] (no particular order since both would advance regardless)
5. Boyd [TIE]
6. Wylie East
7. Wylie
8. McKinney High
9. Trinity
10. Rock Hill
11/15: Little Elm, Plano West/East/Sr., Braswell

17 hours ago, TrenBS said:

99% I wouldn't add Bowie or Trinity until we get an area schedule, the individual districts switching to other regions is more common on the lower As but is less common in 6A, and I don't see why they would add Bowie/Trinity to this area at this point in the season

It's most likely a typo since there isn't anything listed on the TMEA alignment site that says this would be the area Bowie and Trinity participate in

For fun though I'll make a prediction based on the bands I've heard and including the 2 area B schools lol:
1. Marcus
2. Hebron
3. Flower Mound
5. Boyd [TIE]
6. Wylie East
7. Wylie
8. McKinney High
9. Trinity
10. Rock Hill

Will be strange not to see any of these bands at Area C this year. 

17 hours ago, TrenBS said:

1. Marcus
2. Hebron
3. Flower Mound
5. Boyd [TIE]
6. Wylie East
7. Wylie
8. McKinney High
9. Trinity
10. Rock Hill

What contest (non Uil) are the big 3 going to this year? Maybe we can see them elsewhere. 

I know the past few years we have seen Hebron at Mesquite, but if not going there for area they may forego

1 hour ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

What contest (non Uil) are the big 3 going to this year? Maybe we can see them elsewhere. 

I know the past few years we have seen Hebron at Mesquite, but if not going there for area they may forego

Marcus at BOA Prosper, Hebron and Flomo at BOA Bedford, and all 3 at BOA San Antonio + USBands Southwestern Championship

3 minutes ago, BbMarching said:

Marcus at BOA Prosper, Hebron and Flomo at BOA Bedford, and all 3 at BOA San Antonio + USBands Southwestern Championship

Rockwall is only at BOA Prosper this year after doing Prosper and Bedford last year. Rockwall Heath is doing their first BOA (at least in recent years) at Waco. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Codystall_ said:

how many bands are advancing to state this year again? Isnt it 4?

Yes, unless I think 2 bands get a second division, which realistically only the newly 6A groups (Princeton, and the new Denton school) are in danger of receiving, but I find that scenario very unlikely

4 bands to state is the current situation, unfortunately

17 hours ago, clarinetistkai05 said:

I managed to see a video of Flower Mound, and OH MY. Their show this year is insane, and I love how produced it is already! I just know if I somehow see Flower Mound, I will be in awe!!

Yes I saw Marcus and Hebron too, but my thoughts will come sooner rather than later.

Where's the video?