UIL 5A Area B 2024

21 minutes ago, BlakePP said:

ngl, I don't know if its just the way Wakeland is recorded in this video, but I think lone star has got them beat right now.

It might be the way they recorded the video, but i do have to say, I'm listening and I notice a distinct lack of tenor brass voices (Bari's and Tbones). The balancing seems way off, but maybe that's just me.

17 minutes ago, zxrzxz said:

Has anyone been able to find videos from Lebanon Trail, Lovejoy, Emerson, and Argyle yet?

Hopefully should be a video of Lovejoy and Anna tonight as they play each other. Ik there’s a livestream, hoping they show both. Will send u a video of Emerson 

On 9/19/2024 at 12:05 PM, TrenBS said:

Bad news: my videos just refuse to send to my google photos and both of them are multiple gigabytes, so I cant reasonably send them

Good news: the guy next to me had a MUCH better setup and posted them on youtube, so all the McKinney bands up to the 4-5 minute mark are now posted lol

https://youtu.be/NuJUXxdhkQA?feature=shared

Interesting. North should do good and again it's cool that they've found an indentity for themselves, however I think they should shoot for a little more variation from year to year. They've even been using these props for three straight years since 2022.

5 hours ago, bow_nerd said:

Interesting. North should do good and again it's cool that they've found an indentity for themselves, however I think they should shoot for a little more variation from year to year. They've even been using these props for three straight years since 2022.

I will say prop wise its purely budgetary, McKinney North is generally less well off than Boyd and even High, and that prop was one they made in 2022 that they are kinda forced to use until they can have enough people to properly fund for more, so unless they still ONLY have that prop by 2026, they should definitely be cut some slack on the prop scene

Music wise they do need some variation, the intro kinda feels like a mashup between the last 2 jazz shows in a way, and the ballad feels like 2023 2.0, which isn’t inherently bad, but as a viewer Id like to see more distinction between the shows musically since this year is gonna cause some identity fazing between the past few years

Although Im extremely happy aboutt their recruitment, they are a much bigger size WITH an alternate block, which they havent had in a long time

31 minutes ago, TrenBS said:

I will say prop wise its purely budgetary, McKinney North is generally less well off than Boyd and even High, and that prop was one they made in 2022 that they are kinda forced to use until they can have enough people to properly fund for more, so unless they still ONLY have that prop by 2026, they should definitely be cut some slack on the prop scene

Music wise they do need some variation, the intro kinda feels like a mashup between the last 2 jazz shows in a way, and the ballad feels like 2023 2.0, which isn’t inherently bad, but as a viewer Id like to see more distinction between the shows musically since this year is gonna cause some identity fazing between the past few years

Although Im extremely happy aboutt their recruitment, they are a much bigger size WITH an alternate block, which they havent had in a long time

Okay that's a good point. Also their props look like they bought them off the Bluecoats in 2019/2021

3 hours ago, TrenBS said:

In terms of the budget, I think it’s equally as valid for a band to prioritize something like more staff for a better educational value etc. than something like new props or uniforms every year. This area is of course affluent with its exceptions but I think it’s odd to say just because a band isn’t building new props every year that they are some how forced to continue to use what they have, when there seems to be no problems. Just a thought 

1 hour ago, MyHornIsFrench said:

If anybody wants to watch the FISD marching showcase here's the link https://www.sportsengineplay.com/Texas/Frisco-ISD-Other-Content/Frisco-ISD-Band/game/2024-Marching-Band-Showcase-2024-09-24?video_id=66e48a4ff538d4818533302a 

Order

Independence

Lone Star

Heritage

Liberty

Wakeland

Centennial

Frisco

Panther Creek

Emerson

Memorial

Lebanon Trail

Reedy

Indi starts at 6 30 and they go in 15 minute intervals

It's really cool that they have something like this for different school districts!