UIL 5A Area B 2024

15 minutes ago, BulldogMN said:

Anyone know why Lebanon Trail is only doing WMI and Region/ Area this season?

They also did the director's assistant showcase earlier in the season. Allegedly they aren't doing BOA anymore due to a hard time at some of those competitions. 

22 minutes ago, BulldogMN said:

Going off of BOA prosper/ MMI scores I think this could shape out to be the placements. The back half probably isn't the most accurate, I have poor knowledge of the other frisco bands.

Mckinney North BOA Prosper - 76.825 TOT - 14.85 MUS - 15.225 VIS - 30.65 GE MUS - 16.1 GE VIs

Prosper Walnut BOA - 75.700 - 15.15 MUS - 15.45 VIS - 29.10 GE MUS - 16.0 GE VIS

1st Frisco Wakeland (Sweep)

2nd Frisco Lone Star - Could have a run at 1st given a wakeland stumble

3rd McKinney North (tie)

3rd Prosper Walnut (tie) 

5th Frisco Reedy* (All interchangeable)

6th Argyle*

7th Frisco Emerson* 

8th Frisco Lebanon Trail

9th Lewisville The Colony

10th Frisco Independence 

I think these placements could very well be what ends up happening later this month but with this area being so rich in talent it’s very difficult to know. I’m sure Argyle and Lebanon Trail are going to focus a large amounts of time on cleaning and it’ll come down to what the other bands do to compete with that. We’re reaching the part in the season where there’s only so much that can be fixed and changed so the bands starting late might be a little too late. Overall I’m so hyped to watch these bands and it’s sure to be salty!

1 hour ago, Bbas said:

They also did the director's assistant showcase earlier in the season. Allegedly they aren't doing BOA anymore due to a hard time at some of those competitions. 

As a student from Heritage, our band director talked to their band directors and the reason was just to give the kids the weekend off so that they could catch up on some well needed rest and other things so they could put their all into the next two weeks.

On 10/14/2024 at 3:16 PM, Bbas said:

It could also be the fact that their percussion ensemble is traveling to Midwest this year so they decided to cut some costs by not doing as many contests. 

3 minutes ago, euphkin said:

Predictions:

1. Wakeland

2. Lone Star

3. Argyle/LT

4. LT/Argyle

5. Reedy

6. North

7. Emerson

8. Walnut Grove

9. The Colony

10. Independence

4 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Doing my personal list for those who were curious and bc I’m bored:

1st. Wakeland 

2nd. Lonestar 

3rd Lebanon Trail/North/Argyle

4th. MN/Argyle/LT

5th Argyle/LT/North 

6th Walnut Grove

7th Reedy/Emerson

8th Emerson/Reedy 

9th The Colony 

10th. Independence/Lovejoy/Mellisa/Heritage/Memorial 

I'm surprised that both of you have LT placing above reedy. LT had tied with Reedy at WMI only for prelims; Reedy beat them by a decent sum of points for finals. I have Reedy going from 3rd through 6th, but yet again, this is anyone's game. 

22 minutes ago, marchingband2 said:

I'm surprised that both of you have LT placing above reedy. LT had tied with Reedy at WMI only for prelims; Reedy beat them by a decent sum of points for finals. I have Reedy going from 3rd through 6th, but yet again, this is anyone's game. 

I'm just basing it off how Lebanon tends to do come area. in 2019, they were 4th at WMI, only to win area. In 2021, they were 5th at WMI, and then made state, and in 2023, were 4th, only to go on to make state finals. They are always super clean and locked in come area, which is why I don't really use past competitions to must, especially since WMI will have been 3 weeks before this comp, but like you said, anything's is possible 

4 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

I'm just basing it off how Lebanon tends to do come area. in 2019, they were 4th at WMI, only to win area. In 2021, they were 5th at WMI, and then made state, and in 2023, were 4th, only to go on to make state finals. They are always super clean and locked in come area, which is why I don't really use past competitions to must, especially since WMI will have been 3 weeks before this comp, but like you said, anything's is possible 

Thoughts on using BOA captions to predict area? Specifically music and visual.

9 minutes ago, Gopackers123 said:

Thoughts on using BOA captions to predict area? Specifically music and visual.

I don’t really use Boa to much when predicting area. It’s completely different scoring systems. They aren’t necessary looking for the same things. Of course the music and visual judges is a little bit closer, but it’s definitely not as specific as BOA and the UIL judges have more responsibilities since the art split up into individual and ensemble captions

5 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Using the same logic of putting LT above reedy despite reedy placing higher in Wylie, why is the Colony so much lower than Emerson? When In prelims of Birdville they beat Emerson by 19 points and only lost to them by 3 in finals?

18 minutes ago, Toasty said:

Using the same logic of putting LT above reedy despite reedy placing higher in Wylie, why is the Colony so much lower than Emerson? When In prelims of Birdville they beat Emerson by 19 points and only lost to them by 3 in finals?

I wouldn't say 1-2 spots is so much lower. The Colony def could place higher, just my guess as to where I think they'll land 

23 hours ago, marchingband2 said:

I can see Reedy and Lebanon Trail making high placements and am excited to see how everything plays out.