UIL 4A Area C 2024

2 minutes ago, criscubes said:

Not currently. Maybe you could find some videos on YouTube, but I doubt it, they seem to be cracking down of videos from being posted, so I assume they are following suite of celina and such

Fair enough 

What all do you know about them?

1 minute ago, ATSSBoT said:

Fair enough 

What all do you know about them?

They have 3 parts of their show down. They are sounding pretty decent for this time in the season. Their marching is far from state level atm though. Besides some balance and intonation issues, they are off to a phenomenal start. They played north lamar last week and I'd say they definitely were better off at that time. I do have videos, and somewhere in a different post I mentiones I am a part of the fhs band. We do have video, but the directors asked us not to share it. Our show contains 2 parts of Timber Creek's 2023 show and it's intitled Aurora. We definitely hope to perform great this year.

After watching the Canton v NL halftimes again as well as Sulphur I wonder if Canton and SUlphur has shows that will translate to success at UIL. They are very big bold shows but not in a way that makes a lot of noise at UIL competitions. 

look at Panther Creek and Celina. They are very concert band on the field. Everything is in a box but challenging. What does North Lamar have left to put on the field? So far it is real good but not having a production is concerning. Making predictions in this area is hard. 

4 minutes ago, criscubes said:

They have 3 parts of their show down. They are sounding pretty decent for this time in the season. Their marching is far from state level atm though. Besides some balance and intonation issues, they are off to a phenomenal start. They played north lamar last week and I'd say they definitely were better off at that time. I do have videos, and somewhere in a different post I mentiones I am a part of the fhs band. We do have video, but the directors asked us not to share it. Our show contains 2 parts of Timber Creek's 2023 show and it's intitled Aurora. We definitely hope to perform great this year.

What point of view is that from 😂

Anyways, is it the timber creek soprano solo? if so that would be awesome 

NL is off to a rocky start as their show is extremely hard this year compared to the past. All things aside it comes down to whoever can clean more - it’s only sep. 15th

8 minutes ago, criscubes said:

Bruh

5 minutes ago, Saxtastic45 said:

After watching the Canton v NL halftimes again as well as Sulphur I wonder if Canton and SUlphur has shows that will translate to success at UIL. They are very big bold shows but not in a way that makes a lot of noise at UIL competitions. 

look at Panther Creek and Celina. They are very concert band on the field. Everything is in a box but challenging. What does North Lamar have left to put on the field? So far it is real good but not having a production is concerning. Making predictions in this area is hard. 

I really like the challenging shows that Canton puts out that tests the boundaries of UIL - I think a lot of people do as well

China Spring last year was a prime example of this I loved their show 

I haven’t watched canton yet, what do you think of them?

I have heard that NL only had their first 2 acts once field and haven’t even touched the rest 

9 minutes ago, ATSSBoT said:

What point of view is that from 😂

Anyways, is it the timber creek soprano solo? if so that would be awesome 

NL is off to a rocky start as their show is extremely hard this year compared to the past. All things aside it comes down to whoever can clean more - it’s only sep. 15th

Well, I understand bias is definitely something to look out for, and although I try no to it's inevitable. Farmersville tied for 5th last year in area B with Kaufman a previous state band, which at the time was debatably the hardest area to compete it. Earlier that season they beat out sulphur springs and other great bands like mineola only a week away from area. They may be a small school and not well known, but they can definitely compete. Besides that, I think from what I've seen they are the current best band in this area atm. I can't stress "atm" enough, no one that I've seen has watched Celina amd there's no livestreams viewable. I'm not saying North Lamar or Sulphur Springs and even canton can't beat them, but atm that's just how I view the band as they stand currently. like you said, it is only sep. 15th so absolutely anything can change.

8 minutes ago, ATSSBoT said:

I really like the challenging shows that Canton puts out that tests the boundaries of UIL - I think a lot of people do as well

China Spring last year was a prime example of this I loved their show 

I haven’t watched canton yet, what do you think of them?

I have heard that NL only had their first 2 acts once field and haven’t even touched the rest 

I don’t have inside info on NL. I thought Canton on that video was good. I don’t think there show is as hard as in the past. But they could make some waves. It’s early so who knows.

2 minutes ago, criscubes said:

Well, I understand bias is definitely something to look out for, and although I try no to it's inevitable. Farmersville tied for 5th last year in area B with Kaufman a previous state band, which at the time was debatably the hardest area to compete it. Earlier that season they beat out sulphur springs and other great bands like mineola only a week away from area. They may be a small school and not well known, but they can definitely compete. Besides that, I think from what I've seen they are the current best band in this area atm. I can't stress "atm" enough, no one that I've seen has watched Celina amd there's no livestreams viewable. I'm not saying North Lamar or Sulphur Springs and even canton can't beat them, but atm that's just how I view the band as they stand currently. like you said, it is only sep. 15th so absolutely anything can change.

Are your directors feeling confident? I don’t wanna bag on you. 

9 minutes ago, Saxtastic45 said:

I don’t have inside info on NL. I thought Canton on that video was good. I don’t think there show is as hard as in the past. But they could make some waves. It’s early so who knows.

About time canton makes some waves - they’ve been down the past year with their head director not being there for the first month of the season!

You can’t have a great program without some ups and downs and I think they just went way too hard last year. Canton shines visually and I think playing insanely hard music wasn’t the way to go to get that visual caption. With a slightly easier show this year I bet they can be really clean and go far 

Saw a video of Celina from a football stream on NFHS, no audio.  They look good, can't tell much about the show yet.  

They're definitely not 160-170, looks like around 80 winds, 14 guard, 20 percussion, and 3 DMs.  A little bigger than last year and the year before.  

• 2 weeks later...

New predictions

1. Celina - nothing to say. They are the best 4a rn

2. Farmersville - They definitely picked up their pace and have one of the hardest 4a programs of the season not far behind Panther Creek in terms of difficulty. 

3. Canton - Off to a rough start, but they picked up and closed the gap pretty fast to the other 4a programs.

4. Sulphur springs - Off to a great season start as always and are getting really good really fast.

5. Pine Tree 

6. Lumberton 

7. North Lamar/Community 

2 minutes ago, gammie634 said:

I think that pine tree might be lower or replaced by aubrey as aubrey just beat them at the golden triangle classic, but it is super early in the season being the first competition so nothing can be set in stone

Interesting prediction. Maybe we can Bring Aubrey from area B into this area to test it.

Celina at the top of this one. It would shock me if someone else pulls it off. I’m assuming they don’t have their full show on the field because it ended awkwardly and anti-climactically. Super challenging show. I really hate the purple thrones. They didn’t add anything.  They’ve had awesome props in the past so hopefully they will fine tune. I wanted one of those swans from a few years ago for my garden 😂 I should’ve asked to buy one! 

I like the Canton band I’m seeing now over what I’ve seen from them the past couple of years. Lots of cleaning needs to happen, but I’m hopeful for them. I know the past few years have been rough. Some really nice soloists and great musical selections  

Sulphur Springs is loud. Take from that what you will. Their preshow was…interesting and I’ll leave it at that. The directors might want to take a close listen to the lyrics that are being said in the song they are playing. 

North Lamar was pretty far down the list at Melissa but hopefully they can clean a bunch before next week. Their show looks challenging. 

I havent seen Farmersville or Community yet but should get to in the next few weeks. 

I had a friend livestream a few bands from Melissa. She wasn’t there for the Canton or Celina. But another friend said that Sulphur was better than Canton for sure. NL was great until the very end. I think if they pulled it off they were better than Sulphur. Again second hand, but He told me China and Canton were very dirty.

anyone have a clip of Farmersville? They seem to be getting a lot of buzz.