• Celina
  • North Lamar
  • Sulphur Springs
  • Lumberton
  • Pine Tree
  • Canton
  • Paris
  • Farmersville

Celina is going to win. Anything against that is a moot point.

I would definitely say North Lamar and Sulphur Springs deserve to be up here. Both are great bands and right now are pretty much neck and neck with each other. The order of them might change but they will definitely end up in the 2nd and 3rd slots.

Lumberton is your average 4A band. They have the size going for them and can play pretty good impacts, but that matters little in the end if everything else doesn't lock in place. In their Area Finals performance from last year their marching was mediocre at best and there were multiple times they tore from each other. The data also backs this up. Lumberton has not beaten Paris in finals in both 2021 and 2023. All things considered, Paris is probably the third best band in the old Area C, but even at Royse City Marching Classic last year (which took place a week before Area) they were beaten by Farmersville and Sunnyvale. By default both Farmersville and Sunnyvale should place higher than Lumberton, joining Paris in that category. From the videos I've seen of Lumberton, they look about the same as last year and based on all the data from previous years, I believe the most they could do is barely scrape into the top 8. Not dissing on them, but Lumberton's placement up here is completely unjustified at least for right now. I could eat my own words, but best of luck to everyone at Lumberton! I hope they have a great season!

Pine Tree is also a pretty good band. Right now they aren't that special, but based on previous years they should clean up and probably will end up going to state; they just might not be near the very top of the list.

Unfortunately, Canton has fallen off in the past couple of years. They always keep their show pretty close to their chest so its hard to saw how they'll end up doing. Currently, I would say they do end up around 6th place and still go to State.

Paris and Farmersville are both great bands and are pretty neck and neck. After the dust settles, Farmersville will probably end up beating Paris but not by that much. This Area is extremely competitive this year and with the sheer amount of good bands, its likely that one of these great programs doesn't even end up going to state. It would definitely be a shame but that's the unfortunate reality that the redistricting made happen this year.

5 minutes ago, PXwhyBand said:

I would definitely say North Lamar and Sulphur Springs deserve to be up here. Both are great bands and right now are pretty much neck and neck with each other. The order of them might change but they will definitely end up in the 2nd and 3rd slots.

Lumberton is your average 4A band. They have the size going for them and can play pretty good impacts, but that matters little in the end if everything else doesn't lock in place. In their Area Finals performance from last year their marching was mediocre at best and there were multiple times they tore from each other. The data also backs this up. Lumberton has not beaten Paris in finals in both 2021 and 2023. All things considered, Paris is probably the third best band in the old Area C, but even at Royse City Marching Classic last year (which took place a week before Area) they were beaten by Farmersville and Sunnyvale. By default both Farmersville and Sunnyvale should place higher than Lumberton, joining Paris in that category. From the videos I've seen of Lumberton, they look about the same as last year and based on all the data from previous years, I believe the most they could do is barely scrape into the top 8. Not dissing on them, but Lumberton's placement up here is completely unjustified at least for right now. I could eat my own words, but best of luck to everyone at Lumberton! I hope they have a great season!

Pine Tree is also a pretty good band. Right now they aren't that special, but based on previous years they should clean up and probably will end up going to state; they just might not be near the very top of the list.

Unfortunately, Canton has fallen off in the past couple of years. They always keep their show pretty close to their chest so its hard to saw how they'll end up doing. Currently, I would say they do end up around 6th place and still go to State.

Paris and Farmersville are both great bands and are pretty neck and neck. After the dust settles, Farmersville will probably end up beating Paris but not by that much. This Area is extremely competitive this year and with the sheer amount of good bands, its likely that one of these great programs doesn't even end up going to state. It would definitely be a shame but that's the unfortunate reality that the redistricting made happen this year.

I respect everything you said.

We will just have to wait and see, you know. Anything can happen to any of these bands. That is why predicting for this area is tough.

7 minutes ago, PXwhyBand said:

I could see why you would say Celina would win, but to say it’s out of the realm of possibility that a Sulphur Springs/ North Lamar couldn’t beat them I think is a bold statement. 
SS will have a flashier bigger show and I’ll bet NL goes hard in the difficulty category. Either of those could beat a Celina show that plays the refinement game. 

I think if the past is a predictor of future performance, the other bands won’t have the tone qualities, refinement, visual demand (exception Canton), or programming to compete with the upper tier.  I hope I’m wrong though. 

26 minutes ago, J-Mike16 said:

I respect everything you said.

We will just have to wait and see, you know. Anything can happen to any of these bands. That is why predicting for this area is tough.

Seems like you're confidence is pretty high. Do you know something we don't?

Listen, this is for everyone in here who seems to be hating on everything I am saying.

I am just really enjoying Lumberton's show this year and think it has potential as it is very impressive with what they have on the field right now.

If I want to predict my former band program finishing 4th or whatever placement, then I am. If they end up finishing 7th, or 15th then so be it. 

Now, lets end this whole negativity stuff now before I get an admin to handle this.

21 hours ago, Saxtastic45 said:

I could see why you would say Celina would win, but to say it’s out of the realm of possibility that a Sulphur Springs/ North Lamar couldn’t beat them I think is a bold statement. 
SS will have a flashier bigger show and I’ll bet NL goes hard in the difficulty category. Either of those could beat a Celina show that plays the refinement game. 

I think if the past is a predictor of future performance, the other bands won’t have the tone qualities, refinement, visual demand (exception Canton), or programming to compete with the upper tier.  I hope I’m wrong though. 

From what I know from sources -

Celina is marching 170 (going to be a nightmare to clean)

SS is super solid but parking and barking 

NL is just downright boring but good as usual

Havent seen anything about canton, but very curious: last time they didn’t make finals they came back to win

13 minutes ago, ATSSBoT said:

From what I know from sources -

Celina is marching 170 (going to be a nightmare to clean)

SS is super solid but parking and barking 

NL is just downright boring but good as usual

Havent seen anything about canton, but very curious: last time they didn’t make finals they came back to win

170?! Wow

What is North Lamar's show this year?

10 minutes ago, J-Mike16 said:

170?! Wow

What is North Lamar's show this year?

And yea celina’s theme is royalty, they’re playing howls moving castle and some olivia rodrigo song or smtn.. they only have 8 trumpets though out of 170 so that’s a problem 

Not sure, saw a clip on facebook.. looked really boring, I really only liked their 3rd act music last year, but the drill made it

16 minutes ago, ATSSBoT said:

And yea celina’s theme is royalty, they’re playing howls moving castle and some olivia rodrigo song or smtn.. they only have 8 trumpets though out of 170 so that’s a problem 

Not sure, saw a clip on facebook.. looked really boring, I really only liked their 3rd act music last year, but the drill made it

Are you sure they are marching 170? That doesn’t seem right. They marched like 50 last year.

14 minutes ago, Saxtastic45 said:

Are you sure they are marching 170? That doesn’t seem right. They marched like 50 last year.

They have 600 in their middle school band program

I’m not 100% or anything but I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend so

1 hour ago, ATSSBoT said:

They have 600 in their middle school band program

I’m not 100% or anything but I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend so

I liked NL and SS shows last year. It was an interesting clash of different philosophies. I can’t find anything online for NL. I did find a parent preview for SS. Cool show. I am going to watch the Melissa Showcase. Hopefully get to see everyone there. 

I saw that NL is playing Canton this Friday. That’s gonna be a great halftime.

8 hours ago, Saxtastic45 said:

I liked NL and SS shows last year. It was an interesting clash of different philosophies. I can’t find anything online for NL. I did find a parent preview for SS. Cool show. I am going to watch the Melissa Showcase. Hopefully get to see everyone there. 

That’ll be great 👍 

let me know what they are sounding/looking like!

On 9/9/2024 at 8:32 PM, Saxtastic45 said:

I don't think Canton has a new director. From what I’ve heard they may be pretty dangerous this year. 
With such a pedigree it would be hard to see their students not out to prove the naysayers wrong. Kinda like North Lamar last year. Sulphur might win it all this year at area. I think they have a good concept and a winning mentality. That doesn’t mean that Celina won’t come back and win state. Remember what happened in Area B in 2022 with Canton and Anna. 
I haven’t seen Lumberton, Bridge City, Paris, North Lamar, or Pine Tree. So I don’t have any real opinions. 
I do know that this is the Area to watch!

who did you hear from that canton would be dangerous? I haven't seen them yet

4 minutes ago, ATSSBoT said:

who did you hear from that canton would be dangerous? I haven't seen them yet

I haven’t heard anything about them.

but it’s freaking Canton…….. You don’t get that that history of success without a down year every now and again. It’s crazy that anyone thinks making state out of 4A area B as a down year.

Just now, Saxtastic45 said:

I haven’t heard anything about them.

but it’s freaking Canton…….. You don’t get that that history of success with a down year every now and again. It’s crazy that anyone thinks making state out of 4A area B as a down year.

True, I'm really rooting for them this year, the last time they didn't make finals was 2016.. you know what happened the next state year?

they won. 

I would be really surprised if they're not extremely fired up

also about director changes.. I think they had some sort of assistant director changes or smtn but Mike Bartley is still there; hes been there for awhile  now

5 minutes ago, ThatOneChair said:

Oh, wow that is a lot more than I expected

A lot of the bands are military so they will go to the Military State Contest but their spot still counts for the Open Class Area Contest.

On 9/10/2024 at 10:38 PM, Saxtastic45 said:

Did you go to the NL Canton game?

I just got back from my football game and was wondering how others did