UIL 4A Area C 2024

5 hours ago, bandnerd310 said:

I found this last night. You can watch both NL and Canton during halftime!

I heard the commentator say something about mics, was there something wrong? I don't want to seem rude or amything, but this is my first time hearing NL and I really thought they'd be sounding better at this point in the season. I know shows are still relatively nee and still being put together, but if so, then I think rankings are seeming pretty mixed now.

35 minutes ago, criscubes said:

I heard the commentator say something about mics, was there something wrong? I don't want to seem rude or amything, but this is my first time hearing NL and I really thought they'd be sounding better at this point in the season. I know shows are still relatively nee and still being put together, but if so, then I think rankings are seeming pretty mixed now.

Idk man, that’s a lot of show. Canton sounds bigger and looks like they have everything on. NL has a lot more choreo and body and that music is way harder. Maybe they programmed too hard…..

13 minutes ago, Saxtastic45 said:

Idk man, that’s a lot of show. Canton sounds bigger and looks like they have everything on. NL has a lot more choreo and body and that music is way harder. Maybe they programmed too hard…..

I think they went to aggressive this year with their show. They have a lot of choreo that's for sure, but music doesn't seem to be following up with the choreo

1 hour ago, Saxtastic45 said:

Was canton good? I haven’t had a chance to watch and it’s primarily been talk about NL

I don’t think the bands that won last year were park and bark. Anna moved a lot. Celina moves a lot and does a lot of choreo. Panther creek did the same. 

I would like to see a Wills Point comeback. Or someone new like Sunnyvale make some waves. Anybody seen Them.

21 minutes ago, Saxtastic45 said:

I don’t think the bands that won last year were park and bark. Anna moved a lot. Celina moves a lot and does a lot of choreo. Panther creek did the same. 

I would like to see a Wills Point comeback. Or someone new like Sunnyvale make some waves. Anybody seen Them.

Not saying the top 5, but the bottom 5 at state is primarily what i’m talking about

The park and bark thing is straight out of the 2000s for me as a comment.  Bands are smarter now, especially in a classification who's champions are pretty pristinely clean/smart about their difficulty.  Not that I think that recent champions shows are overtly easy, but they're pretty straight forward, simple, smart, and impeccably performed.  It's been a little bit since we've seen a pretty intense/riskier show win, Canton 2018, North Lamar 2016, and Argyle 2008-2014 come to mind there.  

Since someone seems to have a grudge here, Sulphur Springs isn't doing anything out the ordinary.  Big ensemble moments are holds, section technical features/solos are stationary and enhanced with choreo (which isn't easy in and of itself while playing harder licks), and on the move stuff tends to be big builds.  It's very in line with what other bands are doing and fits well within the sheets that are now being used.  The brass doing a big build on the move in their ballad at some pretty healthy step sizes is hardly easy either.  Closer has some on the move stuff while playing the harder parts of Asphalt Cocktail.  Their show is super fun and smartly designed.  Can't wait to see how they do down the long run.  

10 hours ago, LKendrick said:

The park and bark thing is straight out of the 2000s for me as a comment.  Bands are smarter now, especially in a classification who's champions are pretty pristinely clean/smart about their difficulty.  Not that I think that recent champions shows are overtly easy, but they're pretty straight forward, simple, smart, and impeccably performed.  It's been a little bit since we've seen a pretty intense/riskier show win, Canton 2018, North Lamar 2016, and Argyle 2008-2014 come to mind there.  

Since someone seems to have a grudge here, Sulphur Springs isn't doing anything out the ordinary.  Big ensemble moments are holds, section technical features/solos are stationary and enhanced with choreo (which isn't easy in and of itself while playing harder licks), and on the move stuff tends to be big builds.  It's very in line with what other bands are doing and fits well within the sheets that are now being used.  The brass doing a big build on the move in their ballad at some pretty healthy step sizes is hardly easy either.  Closer has some on the move stuff while playing the harder parts of Asphalt Cocktail.  Their show is super fun and smartly designed.  Can't wait to see how they do down the long run.  

Sulphur definitely has a really awesome music selection - it already sounds great

41 minutes ago, thejitfromband said:

From the shows I have seen I have farmersville on top. I have yet to see celina 

For this area, I would agree Farmersville seems to be at the top currently. Their marching definitely needs improvement, but their playing is sounding really good for this part of the season. I haven't seen Celina, but obviously it's safe to assume they will be good. They probably are off to a slow start since they added so many more spots out of the blue. From 4a, I think panther creek is definitely the best at the moment, and Farmersville is second from what I've seen so far. In this area, Sulphur Springs and Canton are probably second and 3rd with Pine Tree and Lumberton somewhere in the mix. North Lamar is off to a slow start from what I see in this area although they always pick it up mid to late season. I haven't seen paris, but I assume they are doing their own thing and putting in that work.

6 hours ago, criscubes said:

For this area, I would agree Farmersville seems to be at the top currently. Their marching definitely needs improvement, but their playing is sounding really good for this part of the season. I haven't seen Celina, but obviously it's safe to assume they will be good. They probably are off to a slow start since they added so many more spots out of the blue. From 4a, I think panther creek is definitely the best at the moment, and Farmersville is second from what I've seen so far. In this area, Sulphur Springs and Canton are probably second and 3rd with Pine Tree and Lumberton somewhere in the mix. North Lamar is off to a slow start from what I see in this area although they always pick it up mid to late season. I haven't seen paris, but I assume they are doing their own thing and putting in that work.

Where is a video of farmersville?

1 minute ago, ATSSBoT said:

ah gotcha, so they’re not up atm?

Not currently. Maybe you could find some videos on YouTube, but I doubt it, they seem to be cracking down of videos from being posted, so I assume they are following suite of celina and such