3. Sulphur Springs HS Band - "Neon Lights"

4. Farmersville HS Band - "Aurora"

5. Canton HS Band - "American Vistas"

6. Pine Tree HS Band - "Triathlon No Limits"

7. Sunnyvale HS Band - "???"

8. Paris HS Band - "Paris"

9. Lumberton HS Band - "Viva la Carmen"

10. Community HS Band - "???"

Celina is able to stand out among bigger bands. I think little discussion needs to be done about them.

North Lamar is pretty polished right now and if they keep this pace they will definitely be at least top three.

Sulphur Springs is also pretty polished with good marching and solos. I feel they just need a little more oomph in their show and then they could probably get second place.

Farmersville is pretty good from what I hear, but I haven't seen their show. I think they could end up anywhere around the 7th-3rd range at the end of the day.

Canton is also good this year. A definite improvement from last years show. From what I've seen there's just no sparkle in their show that would place them higher on this list. Polished all around, but need to make an impact.

Pine Tree is doing well, but you can see that their a little rough around the edges right now. Not a bad show but still need to put the work in to reap the reward.

Sunnyvale has improved their marching a lot which was holding them back in previous years. Their show also tells a good story like last year. I think they could squeak by into finals if they continue polishing.

Paris has a lot of potential but I'm just not seeing it right now. I do believe they could get 7th or 6th, but right now it just doesn't seem like that's the case.

Lumberton has improved since the beginning of the season and are continuing to do so. They have a good size but unless they utilize it throughout their entire show then I think they're going to end up around 9th.

Haven't seen a whole lot of Community this year, but based on last year I think they should end up around this spot. They could easily be interchanged with Bridge City.

Overall, all these bands are amazing this year and I cant wait to see how competitive they all are in a month. I'm expecting great things from every band in this Area!!

2 hours ago, PXwhyBand said:

One month until Area prediction:

1. Celina HS Band - "???"

2. North Lamar HS Band - "???"

3. Sulphur Springs HS Band - "Neon Lights"

4. Farmersville HS Band - "Aurora"

5. Canton HS Band - "American Vistas"

6. Pine Tree HS Band - "Triathlon No Limits"

7. Sunnyvale HS Band - "???"

8. Paris HS Band - "Paris"

9. Lumberton HS Band - "Viva la Carmen"

10. Community HS Band - "???"

Celina is able to stand out among bigger bands. I think little discussion needs to be done about them.

North Lamar is pretty polished right now and if they keep this pace they will definitely be at least top three.

Sulphur Springs is also pretty polished with good marching and solos. I feel they just need a little more oomph in their show and then they could probably get second place.

Farmersville is pretty good from what I hear, but I haven't seen their show. I think they could end up anywhere around the 7th-3rd range at the end of the day.

Canton is also good this year. A definite improvement from last years show. From what I've seen there's just no sparkle in their show that would place them higher on this list. Polished all around, but need to make an impact.

Pine Tree is doing well, but you can see that their a little rough around the edges right now. Not a bad show but still need to put the work in to reap the reward.

Sunnyvale has improved their marching a lot which was holding them back in previous years. Their show also tells a good story like last year. I think they could squeak by into finals if they continue polishing.

Paris has a lot of potential but I'm just not seeing it right now. I do believe they could get 7th or 6th, but right now it just doesn't seem like that's the case.

Lumberton has improved since the beginning of the season and are continuing to do so. They have a good size but unless they utilize it throughout their entire show then I think they're going to end up around 9th.

Haven't seen a whole lot of Community this year, but based on last year I think they should end up around this spot. They could easily be interchanged with Bridge City.

Overall, all these bands are amazing this year and I cant wait to see how competitive they all are in a month. I'm expecting great things from every band in this Area!!

Celina’s show is called Royals or Royalty. Something like that, I think the later

NL is El Toreador. 

Hi, marching student here from area c. I've been wondering what exactly it takes to really motivate our band (Hargrave) to truly start pushing to get better. We have had such a big problem with kids who are in marching band while they don't want to commit to the standards we want to push. This is an even bigger problem regarding realignment in this new area. However, I'd like to also know if this motivation could work.

One way to help motivation could be to introduce the idea of the one motivation that's keeping them in band. Then from there, they use that one reason that they're hanging on to and run with it. Use that reason to motivate them whether it's because of their friends, to make the band better, to make some happy of our band, etc.

I'd like to hear more suggestions or confirmations on this because I'd like to share this with my school's band. It's been rough the past few years and I wish that could change, but I don't know about that in an area as competitive as this.

Edit: I'd also like to give some info on our show called Powerhouse. This is also one of the bigger, if not the biggest, shows that we've done since I've been here. We've got some giant tesla coil props, and that just makes me want to crush this show. While this is the biggest show, it also will probably be the hardest we've done. So I'd also appreciate some advice on managing harder shows.

I just saw Celina's show on yt, and it's pretty much a copy and paste from the previous 2 years. As clean as it is, it really is like watching paint dry. As far as of right now, I have Panther Creek as the best 4a and Celina in 2nd. Farmersville is my 3rd choice rn, but other bands are rapidly closing the gap. This area is really competitive this year and it sure will be fun to watch.

Celina is looking good but I also think those bands are closing the gap. Everyone else has much harder shows. I do believe if Farmersville gets just a little cleaner and more in tune and balanced Celina goes down without a doubt. We will have to wait until area to see if Farmersville can pull it off but they are extremely close.

On 9/9/2024 at 9:08 PM, J-Mike16 said:

I would watch out for Lumberton for possibly top 3 or even higher. They seriously look and sound like a 5A/6A band.

While lumberton has always been a good band I don’t see them making it to state this year. They have always sounded very good with a very big sound, but they have yet to surpass even Paris over the past few years and with the addition of several state finalists joining the area, I can’t see them making that last spot.

14 minutes ago, FelloMello_504 said:

Ahh.... I just listened to it about 20 times and I still cant really tell what Jay-Z says at the end. It definitely sounds like he could have been saying the n word (especially because he says that multiple times in the original song). If that is the case then that is pretty inappropriate. I like the show and the preshow over all but that should probably be listened to again by their directors 

It’s the “uh-huh” he says twice in the first chorus of the original song. 1:08-1:10 in the song. 

31 minutes ago, FelloMello_504 said:

Ahh.... I just listened to it about 20 times and I still cant really tell what Jay-Z says at the end. It definitely sounds like he could have been saying the n word (especially because he says that multiple times in the original song). If that is the case then that is pretty inappropriate. I like the show and the preshow over all but that should probably be listened to again by their directors 

Look up the actual lyrics and follow along. You will hear it. 

5 hours ago, GarbagePatchKid said:

No it’s not. Listen around 1:19-1:21. 

I still think you heard him wrong. I just found the lyrics including Jay-Z's lines. In that part he echoes Alicia Keys and says "new". Then he says "come on". After that he says "You're welcome OG". If the song had kept going then you would've heard him saying the n word, but Sulphur cut it off right before that. The preshow is completely fine and there are no curse words in it  

Farmersville killed it at Aubrey, Canton and Sulphur beat Celinaat Sounds of Fall. And Pine Tree and Community were not competitive at that Contest. North Lamar looks like they are having a really bad time. I don’t know about this area. Has anyone seen a video of Paris? I also haven’t seen Lumberton or Bridge City. 

24 minutes ago, Saxtastic45 said:

Farmersville killed it at Aubrey, Canton and Sulphur beat Celinaat Sounds of Fall. And Pine Tree and Community were not competitive at that Contest. North Lamar looks like they are having a really bad time. I don’t know about this area. Has anyone seen a video of Paris? I also haven’t seen Lumberton or Bridge City. 

I've had the chance to see Lumberton and get to see them again in 2 weeks. They have an interesting show (But I haven't seen the full production yet). I'll try to get some footage when I see them

1 hour ago, Saxtastic45 said:

Van Alstyne placed 9th there. Does anyone have a video of them or have seen their show? They placed right under Mineola which always puts on a good show, but I'm curious how big the scoring difference was between them and Van Alstyne. Are they a dark horse that is rivaling the likes of Celina and Sulphur Springs this year??? Or was it just the contest and they made it to finals because there weren't a lot of large bands there???

On 10/6/2024 at 9:28 PM, PXwhyBand said:

Van Alstyne placed 9th there. Does anyone have a video of them or have seen their show? They placed right under Mineola which always puts on a good show, but I'm curious how big the scoring difference was between them and Van Alstyne. Are they a dark horse that is rivaling the likes of Celina and Sulphur Springs this year??? Or was it just the contest and they made it to finals because there weren't a lot of large bands there???

Van Alstyne only had 3 movements of their show at the Princeton contest.  So they probably have room for improvement as well. They placed higher than Community and Pine Tree in the finals.  Their show title is Hide And Seek. 

Van Alstyne finished 3rd (2nd in 4A) in the prelims at Celina marching contest with Farmersville finishing 1st. Van Alstyne finished in front of North Lamar, Community, and Wills Point in the prelims.  In the finals North Lamar and Farmersville finished in front of Van Alstyne. 

Saw Farmersville/North Lamar/Van Alstyne/Community at Celina. I also seen all the shows except Paris/Lumberton

Van Alstyne was top percussion in Prelims overall and #3rd going into Finals. North Lamar and Mineola (3A) jumped them in Finals. I would say the Farmersville show is very clean and sharp I could see them Top 3.  North Lamar is very good as well. I don't really see a lot from Community there is such a far gap between probably the top 6. I could see Celina getting knocked from the top spot as Sulphur Springs is very good this year as well.

2 hours ago, TexasStrangers said:

Saw Farmersville/North Lamar/Van Alstyne/Community at Celina. I also seen all the shows except Paris/Lumberton

Van Alstyne was top percussion in Prelims overall and #3rd going into Finals. North Lamar and Mineola (3A) jumped them in Finals. I would say the Farmersville show is very clean and sharp I could see them Top 3.  North Lamar is very good as well. I don't really see a lot from Community there is such a far gap between probably the top 6. I could see Celina getting knocked from the top spot as Sulphur Springs is very good this year as well.

What do we think of Van Alstynes chances of state?

1 minute ago, Jsjsjs said:

What do we think of Van Alstynes chances of state?

Realistically, if this area were to take 7 bands to state, the top 3 spots are going to be Celina, Suplhur Springs, and Farmersville almost guaranteed although Farmersville could drop since they haven't been the most consistent this year. Canton, Lumberton, Pine tree, and North Lamar will battle out for the final 4 spots and Van Alstyne could very well be in that mix since they appear to be neck and neck with North Lamar. I do think the gap after top 3 is pretty significant if we were to say all the bands perform at their best.