UIL 4A Area C 2024

On 10/13/2024 at 2:58 PM, criscubes said:

Realistically, if this area were to take 7 bands to state, the top 3 spots are going to be Celina, Suplhur Springs, and Farmersville almost guaranteed although Farmersville could drop since they haven't been the most consistent this year. Canton, Lumberton, Pine tree, and North Lamar will battle out for the final 4 spots and Van Alstyne could very well be in that mix since they appear to be neck and neck with North Lamar. I do think the gap after top 3 is pretty significant if we were to say all the bands perform at their best.

Van Alstyne place 3 spots higher than Pine Tree in the Sounds of Fall Marching Contest 

On 10/13/2024 at 2:58 PM, criscubes said:

Realistically, if this area were to take 7 bands to state, the top 3 spots are going to be Celina, Suplhur Springs, and Farmersville almost guaranteed although Farmersville could drop since they haven't been the most consistent this year. Canton, Lumberton, Pine tree, and North Lamar will battle out for the final 4 spots and Van Alstyne could very well be in that mix since they appear to be neck and neck with North Lamar. I do think the gap after top 3 is pretty significant if we were to say all the bands perform at their best.

How do we know how many they pick for state out of each area? Is it random or preset each year? 

14 minutes ago, Cloud902 said:

How do we know how many they pick for state out of each area? Is it random or preset each year? 

Each area, 2A-4A, automatically sends 3 bands to state. Once 20 bands qualify for area, 1 for every 5 bands that qualify will advance to State.

5-19 bands at area: 3 bands to State

20-24 bands at area: 4 bands advance

25-29 bands at area- 5 bands advance

30-34 bands at area- 6 bands advance

35-39 bands at area- 7 bands advance

40-44 bands at area- 8 bands advance

It goes on, but 8 or 9 bands will normally be the highest possible amount we could see advance. Hope this helps!

1 hour ago, Dave609 said:

Each area, 2A-4A, automatically sends 3 bands to state. Once 20 bands qualify for area, 1 for every 5 bands that qualify will advance to State.

5-19 bands at area: 3 bands to State

20-24 bands at area: 4 bands advance

25-29 bands at area- 5 bands advance

30-34 bands at area- 6 bands advance

35-39 bands at area- 7 bands advance

40-44 bands at area- 8 bands advance

It goes on, but 8 or 9 bands will normally be the highest possible amount we could see advance. Hope this helps!

Yup, a lot of it depends on how many bands get 1's and advance to Area. 

18 hours ago, Dave609 said:

All Region 4 bands have recieved a first divison!! The following schools will be advancing to Area C-

North Lamar

Paris

Pine Tree

Pleasant Grove

Sulphur Springs

The following bands will be advancing to the State Military Contest (their spot still counts for area as of now)-

Gilmer

Pittsburg

Spring Hill

Congratulations to all the bands!!!

Indeed congratulations and well earned ist divisions for all!

after watching the live stream quick takeaways:

PG- Wow! Some really wonderful moments. Great low brass sound!

Pine Tree- Cool show. But gotta get cleaned up before area. Really challenging.

Sulphur- …… Just amazing! The Solos! The Hits! The Very clean Drill! The Power! Love Love Love it!

North Lamar- I’m going to say this is a sleeping Giant. May be wrong, but if I’m not, everyone needs to get nervous

Paris- This may be one of my favorite show concepts ever! So cool and entertaining. I think they have a shot at state! Seriously go check it out!